LadyMinervaLadyMinerva Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *high fives back*

ditto :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    I don't see how anyone could possibly defend Liz, unless they were totally deluded.

Stella gave an opinion on Liz, stating Liz didn't manage the team well, and guess what? She didn't. Liz told them to, literally, "go out and buy items" de-emphasizing the importance of haggling and reducing the costs. That's what lost them the task.

And I think people are right; she and the rest of the contenders find Stella a threat. No wonder the rest don't like her, she's too much of a threat.

I also feel she handled herself extremely well.
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Liz right up until she came back to the house. What a bitch - I have gone right off her. Stella to win out of the girls!!
    Awesome first post :D
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Cat-flap wrote: »
    What annoyed me even more about it were the little smirks Liz was doing :mad: now more than ever I want Stella or Joanne to win

absolutely, what bitchy looks she was giving and as I said earlier, her horrible rolling of the eyes. Nasty cow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    parthy wrote: »
    Fair enough, but it was bitchy.

Nothing wrong with a bit of that in business :p
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Nothing wrong with a bit of that in business :p

Not when you make it personal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    Not when you make it personal.

Is bitchiness anything other than personal?
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Is bitchiness anything other than personal?

When you carry it on out of the workplace environment to gain points, it's not businesslike at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    I find it remarkable to think that people are dissing Liz for being bitchy for calling Stella out on that in front of her and the other housemates. Do they really think that the other housemates don't bitch behind each others backs about what is said in the boardroom? There's hundreds of hours spent in the house that aren't filmed on camera. It's incredibly naive to think that Liz is the bitchy candidate all of a sudden. In reality she's probably the most upfront for raising the issue in public. If we could see the entire goings on in the house a la Big Brother then I'm sure we'd all have a much different opinion.

I do however think Liz should "let it go"
  • Options
    parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    evil dipsy wrote: »
    I find it remarkable to think that people are dissing Liz for being bitchy for calling Stella out on that in front of her and the other housemates. Do they really think that the other housemates don't bitch behind each others backs about what is said in the boardroom? There's hundreds of hours spent in the house that aren't filmed on camera. It's incredibly naive to think that Liz is the bitchy candidate all of a sudden. In reality she's probably the most upfront for raising the issue in public. If we could see the entire goings on in the house a la Big Brother then I'm sure we'd all have a much different opinion.

I do however think Liz should "let it go"

Liz could have taken Stella aside to air her grievances. That would still have been out in the open.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    When you carry it on out of the workplace environment to gain points, it's not businesslike at all.

I'm still giving kudos to Liz for at least saying it to Stella's face rather than bottling it up, or even worse, saying it behind her back.

I'm pretty sure this always happens when they return from the boardroom, but they didn't edit this particular scene out to show the two favourites at loggerheads with one another.

Of course, Stella will come out on top with the majority of people, but I'm yet to see that "fire" or "spark" in her.
  • Options
    Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the best moments in the boardroom today was when Siralun was saying how they all use cliches like "I hold my hands up" and.......... this other one.. then Liz was about to use the other one and just stopped herself.. what was it again?

and yes she's a prize bitch. As someone else observant pointed out, there is no way she can win after that - they'd have edited it out otherwise.
  • Options
    KruleKrule Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    But it wasn't backstabbing was it?

The complete opposite in fact. Say it how it is and to their face :)

I would've disliked her if she did it behind Stella's back though.

I agree with this point, and disagree with all the sudden hatred towards Liz (coming from people who claim they loved her before this).

It seems like a classic, somewhat British media style, trait of building someone up to be like an angel then destroying them at the first opportunity you get.

Yes, I don't think that end remark reflected that well on her. But as least she said it in front of Stella and gave her a chance to defend herself. (Back chatting in my book is far far worse)

Yes, what is said in the boardroom should generally stay in the boardroom. But these people are human, and sometimes it's hard not to express your feelings outside of it. I think it definitely showed weakness, a somewhat lack of professionalism and some naivety on the part of LIz. But that doesn't make her a spitely bitch like some of you are claiming. It shows she's human and still has some maturity to develop.

(Having said that, to the extent she was trying to build on what she knew was a general dislike of Stella in the house and steer the others to gang up on Stella, I agree that does have undertones of bullying...as with all bullying, stemming from un underlying source of insecurity or feeling threatened)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Born lippy wrote: »
    One of the best moments in the boardroom today was when Siralun was saying how they all use cliches like "I hold my hands up" and.......... this other one.. then Liz was about to use the other one and just stopped herself.. what was it again?

and yes she's a prize bitch. As someone else observant pointed out, there is no way she can win after that - they'd have edited it out otherwise.

It was brilliant wasn't it.

I take it .... I'm responsible er.... Definitely not "taking it on board" anyway :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Krule wrote: »
    Yes, I don't think that end remark reflected that well on her. But as least she said it in front of Stella and gave her a chance to defend herself. (Back chatting in my book is far far worse)

Liz didn't to say it in front of everyone. She could have taken Stella aside. That wouldn't have been back-biting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evil dipsy wrote: »
    It was brilliant wasn't it.

I take it .... I'm responsible er.... Definitely not "taking it on board" anyway :)

Yes! That's the one! Thanks, I can sleep now. It was hilarious :D I had a horrible feeling the apprentice was getting boring, but this episode was thoroughly enjoyable and seriously funny in places!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    parthy wrote: »
    Liz didn't to say it in front of everyone. She could have taken Stella aside. That wouldn't have been back-biting.

I don't think it would have affected the group's perception of Stella though.

Not Chris' anyway!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm still giving kudos to Liz for at least saying it to Stella's face rather than bottling it up, or even worse, saying it behind her back.

Once again, she could have said it to Stella away from everyone else.
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really surprised that Jo brought that issue from the boardroom up, I can barely remember another time where a candidate continued the boardroom arguments to the outside as well.

The way it was edited did imply Jo was being quite nasty and was doing it to try and (further?) turn the rest of the group against Stella.
    We had just heard some of the boys saying Stella is walking around with such a 'smug face' which is clearly a ridiculous insult and shows they are searching for reasons not to like Stella

I thought Stella's reaction to Liz's comments in front of the others was really mature and she definitely went up in my estimation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Though as for Liz being out of it.... are you deluded? It's still Liz, Stella or Joanne. One spat in the house won't affect the decision. If any of those three came out of this task shining it was Joanne. Both Liz and Stella have tarnished their records. Stella possibly more given her poor negotiation skills. There's no denying she is corporate and Lordalan may not want that in whatever job he has planned for the winner.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Born lippy wrote: »

I dunno about that. They didn't edit out Lee screaming in Saira's face after shed been in the boardroom and he still won.
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Liz comes across as one of those people who have been flattered and favoured all their life, and can't take criticism, particularly from people in a similar position, in this case Stella. Up until a few weeks ago, Stella and Liz were my firm favourites, mainly in terms of performance, but ever since Liz got the 'record-breaking' orders, she's gotten very arrogant and complacent, and has deteriorated ever since.

I've done a complete U-turn on Liz, and whilst she is still a good candidate, it has to be either Stella or Joanna (who has grown on me so much since the beginning) who are the final two.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it would have affected the group's perception of Stella though.

Not Chris' anyway!

Chris was just annoyed that his girlfriend had left. Who cares what he thinks anyway?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jocko Homo wrote: »
    I dunno about that. They didn't edit out Lee screaming in Saira's face after shed been in the boardroom and he still won.

Some of you humble me with your incredible memories! Kudos...

Screaming in someone's face demonstrates passion after they wildly misrepresented you in the boardroom is less of a workplace crime than the sly calculated bullying Liz subjected Stella to at the house, IMO. (Depending on the extent of it...... not a good thing to do as a boss obviously)

However, given that I shamefully don't remember the incident which you're referring to, I'm not really in a place to comment. I did watch it though :o
  • Options
    Grim RitaGrim Rita Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a nasty bitch. Can't wait until she's fired.