Christmas Tv

TVCymruTVCymru Posts: 279
Forum Member
Does anyone know of what shows are on over Christmas?

Comments

• gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    Yes. All listed in my Christmas edition of the Radio Times with the ones I want to watch marked up ready to record.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh theres loads try

sky.com/tvlistings
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVCymru wrote: »

Have you been living in a cave? The Christmas TV listings mags have been out for over a week now! The big highlight is that The Queen will this year make a speech to Britain and the Commonwealth at 3pm on Christmas Day.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in her kecks
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there is a Doctor Who Christmas specail, about 20 episodes of EastEnders, and a couple of decent movies.

the new series of How I Met Your Mother, starts on the 23rd, Come Fly With Me on Christmas Day and Primeval on New Years Day
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a special edition of Merlin in Welsh.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so more or less the normal rubbish that is on at this time of year

Oh well at least there is Dr who to look forward to
  • banbury_oddballbanbury_oddball Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to remember Dr Who and Royle Family being the only programmes I popped in the planner.

Quite sad really.

Years ago I used to by the Radio and TV Times and highlight the programmes I wanted to watch. I think I'd struggle now. There is nothing on any satellite channel that has caught my eye too. Therefore, the BBC, ITV Ch4 and Five can't blame muliti-channels for their poor viewing figures. Simply put, there is a load of chuff on again this year.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to remember Dr Who and Royle Family being the only programmes I popped in the planner.

Quite sad really.

Years ago I used to by the Radio and TV Times and highlight the programmes I wanted to watch. I think I'd struggle now. There is nothing on any satellite channel that has caught my eye too. Therefore, the BBC, ITV Ch4 and Five can't blame muliti-channels for their poor viewing figures. Simply put, there is a load of chuff on again this year.

The anti-BBC Sun newspaper says Dr Who is the best thing on TV over Christmas (not sure whether that is a recommendation or not !)
  • EBD3000EBD3000 Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    the new series of How I Met Your Mother, starts on the 23rd, <removed> and Primeval on New Years Day

Good news then. Hope the new season of HIMYM is better than last.

Plus two Top Gear episodes (21st and 26th).

Fantastic Mr Fox (24th) and Alice in Wonderland (31st) on Sky Movies.

Other than that, Dr Who christmas specials are usually crap but I'll probably watch the repeat.
  • frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A bunch of crap.

I flicked through the tv guide again earlier and there is f*ck all on that is any different from any other time of the year.

I mean, Christmas Day, ITV: 6-9pm, Emmerdale, Coronation Street and All-Star Family Fortunes with people from This Morning and Emmerdale.

Bloody hell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EBD3000 wrote: »
    Other than that, Dr Who christmas specials are usually crap but I'll probably watch the repeat.
    im going to pretend I didnt read that.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    frost wrote: »
    A bunch of crap.

I flicked through the tv guide again earlier and there is f*ck all on that is any different from any other time of the year.

I mean, Christmas Day, ITV: 6-9pm, Emmerdale, Coronation Street and All-Star Family Fortunes with people from This Morning and Emmerdale.

Bloody hell.

:yawn: Can't say I'm all that excited. I think it'll be internet and DVDs for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frost wrote: »
    A bunch of crap.

Bloody hell.

thats ITV for you
  • chattamanukchattamanuk Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And there I was thinking this thread was a wind up!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    And there I was thinking this thread was a wind up!

Why did you think that?