Options

HTC Wildfire stopped working wirelessly with BT Home Hub 2

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
Forum Member
I got an HTC Wildfire in July. It has been wirelessly connecting to my BT Home Hub 2 quite happily. However, a couple of months ago, BT changed my hub as there was a problem with the wireless signal dropping out continually. I installed the new hub and everything has been working fine, then 2 weeks in the HTC was no longer able to connect to the main hub, however for some strange reason, it happily connects to the BT Openzone and BT Fon signal that the Hub also broadcasts. I have tried resetting the hub channel, rebooting the hub, changed the security from WPA to WEP, but still it refuses to connect. It can see the hub, tries to connect, but then comes up as unsuccessful. Strangely, the 2 laptops I have can connect wirelessly to the main hub without any problems.

I now have to use the BT Openzone signal on my HTC, but this doesn't allow some of the features that I used to use and more than anything, I'm just baffled and want to get it working again. I have another old phone which also seems unable to connect, but I always used to have some problems with that, so can't judge. I don't have another wireless connecting phone to test it.

My Hub has the latest firmware update and I've searched the net for similar problems, but can't find anything - does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance....I've run out of ideas and I'd be eternally grateful if you could solve this mystery.

Comments

• Options
    skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    Try deleting your settings on the phone,put the password back in and reboot the phone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    skunkboy69 wrote: »
    Try deleting your settings on the phone,put the password back in and reboot the phone.

That's one of the first this I tried....no luck I'm afraid. But thanks for the suggestion.
  • Options
    pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizarre one! That the phone connects to other Wi-Fi signals, and that the router accepts other Wi-Fi devices, makes it difficult to guess at which end the problem is.

Double-check that you haven't accidentally set up any sort of MAC-filtering on the router, and it might be worth deleting your Wildfire (if you can identify it) from the "known" (or "connected") device list on the router. If all this yields nothing, I'm afraid it might be a backup-your-settings-and-Factory-Reset your phone, and if that too yields nothing, do the same with your router.