Eastenders 30/12/2010 - Labour pains... Episode Discussion

Comments

• cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    catsmeow wrote: »
    What an unbelievable storyline. As if they are both going to give birth at exactly the same time just to accomodate the storyline of switched babies. We have been manipulated.

I am not seeing how people have been manipulated :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,005
    Forum Member
    cobis wrote: »
    I am not seeing how people have been manipulated :confused:

Because someone came up with the stupid idea of a baby switch and is making everything to fit the storyline so we believe it. A cot death on it's own would have been more than enough to tug our heartstrings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because someone came up with the stupid idea of a baby switch and is making everything to fit the storyline so we believe it. A cot death on it's own would have been more than enough to tug our heartstrings.

but the story has to fit together otherwise it is just a series of disjointed scenes
  • Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    Chuh wrote: »
    A ''spoiler'' which doesn't really spoil anything seeing as nothing was said and you merely made your own assumptions... okay ;)

Weren't you the one who made assumptions by assuming everyone knows what is going to happen?

You hinted about something bad that will happen either with Ronnie or her Baby. Your defintion of the word 'spoiler' may be correct but you spoiled this episode for me by hinting that something bad will happen. :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,005
    Forum Member
    but the story has to fit together otherwise it is just a series of disjointed scenes

Of course, but make it believable. Come on, two ladies who live next door (or almost next door) are going to conceive at the same time to give birth at the same time so one can steal the other's baby. It is just too contrived for my liking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunce-2007 wrote: »
    Weren't you the one who made assumptions by assuming everyone knows what is going to happen?

You hinted about something bad that will happen either with Ronnie or her Baby. Your defintion of the word 'spoiler' may be correct but you spoiled this episode for me by hinting that something bad will happen. :sleep:

I am amazed you have managed to get this far without seeing spoilers!

that is my new year resolution, not to read spoilers, i did manage it once during the jason dyer storyline and it was so much more moving when i didn't know he was going to die, but i soon relapsed, i just can't resist those little grey boxes!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course, but make it believable. Come on, two ladies who live next door (or almost next door) are going to conceive at the same time to give birth at the same time so one can steal the other's baby. It is just too contrived for my liking.

but ronnie's baby came slightly early didn't it and kat's slightly late? more than one baby is born in a maternity ward at the same time you know, there isn't a rota!
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I think Shane Richie might act better than I originally thought with this storyline. I was waiting to cringe at all his scenes and I never.
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scenes with Ronnie were lovely, except for the bizarre scene set on the train with dodgy green screen work and Heather's even dodgier hat. I don't know what they were thinking with that.

Kat's scenes..... not so good.
  • ChuhChuh Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunce-2007 wrote: »

I'm getting pretty tired of this now.

This story has had plenty of press coverage, both on DS, in the forum and in newspapers etc..

If you didn't know about it, then I'm sorry for essentially 'spoiling' the storyline for you. But I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't have heard anything about it.

:cool:
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Boring episode, basically a filler for whats to come. 1/10

a filler!! WTF!!:eek::D

this is the moment the two babas are born id hardly call it filler:D
    Forum Member
    I am amazed you have managed to get this far without seeing spoilers!

that is my new year resolution, not to read spoilers, i did manage it once during the jason dyer storyline and it was so much more moving when i didn't know he was going to die, but i soon relapsed, i just can't resist those little grey boxes!

the posters gotta be lying he has too

i mean you look at this thread and cot death /babyswap is almost written into most thread titles at the top
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    "how delighted is her cervix?" LOL best line ever!!

even had the other half in fits lol:D
    Forum Member
    Strangely I am starting to warm towards the Connor/Carol thing, I think it is because i would so like something to go right for Carol for a change and Connor is starting to act as though he really does care for her, sadly I think it is all going to go horribly wrong

you think!!:D
    it willl!!! this is EE!!! lol
  • masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    I think Shane Richie might act better than I originally thought with this storyline. I was waiting to cringe at all his scenes and I never.

Why would you think that after his acting in the nana moon death storyline
  • computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    a filler!! WTF!!:eek::D

this is the moment the two babas are born id hardly call it filler:D
    :D i meant all the screaming stuff. Do we really need a whole episode dedicated to that.
    Forum Member
    :D i meant all the screaming stuff. Do we really need a whole episode dedicated to that.

well we did get a whole episode deicated to finding a comdom before so belive me it could have been worse!!!:D
  • SlowRapSlowRap Posts: 1,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another emotional episode... have they forgotten the young male audience of the show?
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    SlowRap wrote: »
    Another emotional episode... have they forgotten the young male audience of the show?

Does EE have much of a male audience? Or any soap for that matter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn`t enjoy this episode because of knowing what is to come.
    Charlie annoyed the hell out of me when he didn`t get out of the cellar.
    Funny how everyone in the pub could watch what was happening and yet we have never seen into the cellar from there before.
    If it was meant to be amusing it didn`t work for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    wtf was with that tube scene???:D

good episode, loved kat giving birth, mo was great and alfie was actually funny.
    so hard to watch tho, knowing the heartbreak coming.

was heartbreaking watching ronnie cwtched up with the baby as well :cry:
    Forum Member
    aint mo like the baby nurse of walford 1st sonia now kat lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Ropey sfx for tube journey

shame Heather is there

They appeared to end up somewhere near the Old Kent Road/Elephant & Castle, with the very recognisable Strata tower (AKA The Electric Razor):
    http://www.skyscrapernews.com/buildings.php?id=4488

Fun (for me) that they appeared to be on a fictional branch of the District Line that goes all the way to South East London.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Such a great episode tonight! Kat giving birth was hilarious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the Ronnie scenes, And her birth wasn't all screaming OTT like most soap Births and that's why i liked it!..Kat's was way over the top but thats her character i guess plus i think they wanted to give her some last minute light material before this whole thing starting tomororw, Jessie Wallise is an amazing actress, One of the best Eastenders has ever had, She just needs the material to show it!