Raw, sore nose. Help?

strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am really struggling with hayfever this year and the skin around my nostrils are red raw. Have tried pure aloe vera, sudocrem and face moisturiser without much relief. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads or comments.

Comments

• JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried anti histamines?
  • strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julzei wrote: »
    Have you tried anti histamines?

Yeah, been on them since Tuesday. Perhaps they need to build up in my system?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vaseline is the best I know.
  • WizsisterWizsister Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    Cover your nose in vaseline at bed time. Its gross but it really helps with the dryness.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had problems with this for years, along with severe sinusitis. Beconase had no impact at all, but Rhinocort nasal spray cured it almost overnight.
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currently sitting here rubbing Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream on my chapped nose. It's fab. It's like medicated Vaseline. There is no "burn" after applying which even the most gentlest creams can do. It's really healing. It's also pricy. Around £20 for a tube. However, mine is about 5 years old and I'm not even half way through it. A little goes a long way. It is the go to product in our first aid kit.
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been using Bio Oil ( keep wanting to call it Baby Bio) on a very dry patch on my face and it has been great, non of my beauty creams and oils have helped but switched over to Bio Oil and I haven't looked back. a friend from work recommended it when she had been using it on her nose when she had a very bad cold and her nose was sore and peeling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Prevaline anti histamine nasal is good. Vaseline as it sort of soothes it and I know it sounds insane but I find running an ice cube over my synapses helps lighten that sore heavy feeling.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Rhinocort inhaler is a miracle cure, but you'll need to get it on prescription.
  • miss_zeldamiss_zelda Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get hayfever but I always use Happinose on my nose when I've got a cold and the tissues take their toll. It's not too expensive and I find it brilliant. It also helps with congestion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really struggling with hayfever this year and the skin around my nostrils are red raw. Have tried pure aloe vera, sudocrem and face moisturiser without much relief. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads or comments.

I get a very dry nose after a night's sleep. some years ago I found tube of cream called 'Happinose' I can't find it in a local chemist but buy it from an online chemist. A little of this in each nostril before I go to sleep and 'problem solved' It is like vasiline but has eucalyptus oil in it too. I couldn't live without it:D
  • pamuelapamuela Posts: 1,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My late mum had the same problem while on home oxygen, The COPD nurse advised us to use KY jelly.................hope that helps?