✭✭✭
    thebtman wrote: »
    Her review or yours?!

Either way it could be worse!

Mine and he is a he. I am a bird luv love lol

Yep you ain't wrong.
  • riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    I remember a country and western song about a betrothed man chatting up a woman that was called "I Ain't Married But the Wife Is"
  • c4kc4k Posts: 6,015
    Forum Member
    First time I've been single since a long time....thats all.

Ok, but put your finger on what's really sad her, being single or the thought of not being in a relationship? Being single doesn't bother me it really doesn't, and I don't need the physical aspect of being in a relationship to make me happy, trust me!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know what...I think I am properly in love for the first time. And not coping with it very well at all.

I can not do it and would rather be alone to be honest.
  • Mr_MoogleMr_Moogle Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Recently became one of the sad ones! Lol

Ridiculous ...

If you need another person to define your own life then you are the "sad one"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like that was HER problem, not yours, btman!

Of course ladies need to feel special, but don't confuse that with lavished or spoiled, you can't maintain that falseness forever... I guess when you find the one that fits, none of the superficial stuff matters. It just "is".

Like the Pet Shop Boys said: "Love Comes Quickly, Whatever You Do, You Find Yourself Falling".

And there were some "ooh-oohs" attached to that wise caveat.

Point still stands. Smile, and keep smiling.
    Forum Member
    WoodenCat wrote: »
    Do you know what...I think I am properly in love for the first time. And not coping with it very well at all.

I can not do it and would rather be alone to be honest.

Aw have you told your other half this??? I don't do that well either, my downfall in both my relationships....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dumped by text? She didn't deserve you anyway pal. Her loss innit. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like the Pet Shop Boys said: "Love Comes Quickly, Whatever You Do, You Find Yourself Falling".

Unfortunately with the 2 blokes I've dated for a prolonged period this year love has come too quickly in their case :D:eek::o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately with the 2 blokes I've dated for a prolonged period this year love has come too quickly in their case :D:eek::o

One word....Rabbit
    They give more than men in my experience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    c4k wrote: »
    As have you told your other half this??? I don't do that we'll either, my downfall in both my relationships....

Possibly the most heartbreaking thing I've ever read here... and I've lurked for years without registering. Really.. If you feel genuinely loved, sure, guard yourself, lay down some ground rules even... but what do you have to lose, really?
    What is the worst that can happen?

Or in the immortal words of Marvin Gaye - "What's Going On?"

http://youtu.be/D3pafy5HHjk

Click and learn ^^^
  • thebtmanthebtman Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol thanks everyone for the positive and negatives.

I feel a "Mull of Kintyre" moment coming on.
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes i am, i like it.

I'm not 'looking' for anyone, if it happens, it happens. The more you go looking for partner, the harder it is to find one - I just go with the flow!
    Forum Member
    Possibly the most heartbreaking thing I've ever read here... and I've lurked for years without registering. Really.. If you feel genuinely loved, sure, guard yourself, lay down some ground rules even... but what do you have to lose, really?
    What is the worst that can happen?

Or in the immortal words of Marvin Gaye - "What's Going On?"

http://youtu.be/D3pafy5HHjk

Click and learn ^^^
    Thank you truly, I'm a big fan of music! Seriously though, I've 2 great role models and learn by the mistakes of others I'd rather spend my life trying to find the right person or no one at all than rush through life and make the wrong choices, trust me I've seen the consequences and its devastating truly devastating :(.
  • thebtmanthebtman Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    Yes i am, i like it.

I'm not 'looking' for anyone, if it happens, it happens. The more you go looking for partner, the harder it is to find one - I just go with the flow!

I agree, but its still a big adjustment for some:D
  • Mr_MoogleMr_Moogle Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    Yes i am, i like it.

Awesome attitude award goes to,,,,,,,,,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoodenCat wrote: »

One word....Rabbit
    They give more than men in my experience.

I see you that, WoodenCat, and raise you a Hitachi Magic Wand.

That has done more for me than any man ever could. :D:eek::yawn::sleep::):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol thanks everyone for the positive and negatives.

I feel a "Mull of Kintyre" moment coming on.

Not the Paul McCartney version. Otherwise you'll be single forevermore!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I see you that, WoodenCat, and raise you a Hitachi Magic Wand.

That has done more for me than any man ever could. :D:eek::yawn::sleep::):D

I hope you disable the cinema sound. I HATE noisy neighbours having fun. :sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you truly, I'm a big fan of music! Seriously though, I've 2 great role models and learn by the mistakes of others I'd rather spend my life trying to find the right person or no one at all than rush through life and make the wrong choices, trust me I've seen the consequences and its devastating truly devastating :(.

Yep, me too, sticking with the wrong one can destroy you more than a lifetime of carefree singledom.

Music isn't the answer to everything, but it's close enough when you need it to be. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oops, forgot to post this gem:

http://youtu.be/COiIC3A0ROM

This isn't about staying with a partner for the sake of it - it's about staying true to yourself, with an open mind, open heart, and of course a sense of humour. Because you're worth it, ladies and gentlemen.
    Forum Member
    Yep, me too, sticking with the wrong one can destroy you more than a lifetime of carefree singledom.

Music isn't the answer to everything, but it's close enough when you need it to be. ;)

It's not from personal experience, but from observation! I have one great friend, of the opposite sex, but that's all he is, a great friend, and aside from my siblings and my parents, I'd trust him with absolutely anything.

I'm quite happy on my own even though my mum reminds me all the time that ill not meet anyone by 'being too picky'
  • Dizzy-GirlDizzy-Girl Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    I've been happily single for over 8 years now, before that I was in constant relationships for 10 years, don't really miss sex and have got so used to living alone, I think I would be too selfish to have a boyfriend now!
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, I'm just interested to know why the op does think it 'is' rather a negative view, don't you think??
    Yes, it is, and there's a lot of pressure on people to be part of a couple, to have an 'other half' (I hate that term) & people are often made to feel inadequate in some way if they are single. I occasionally get people telling me I'll meet someone soon, like that's the most important thing in life ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops, forgot to post this gem:

http://youtu.be/COiIC3A0ROM

This isn't about staying with a partner for the sake of it - it's about staying true to yourself, with an open mind, open heart, and of course a sense of humour. Because you're worth it, ladies and gentlemen.

Very true. Do not settle. Ever!

And that goes out to folks in ludicrous on/off relationships too.