Options

Books on Poland (fiction or non-fiction?)

Moll FlandersMoll Flanders Posts: 1,392
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello! Hope you are all enjoying the Easter Weekend and have some good books with which to enjoy it!

Does anyone know of any good books about, or set in, Poland? My brother has married a Polish woman and I want to show my enthusiasm for her country by reading some book/s set there. Either fiction or non-fiction would do. What I don't enjoy is military or political history. Either contemporary or fiction would do the trick, but I particularly love history books, or historical novels, if anyone knows of any of those. I also really love books that illuminate the life of the people in a certain place, whether rich or poor people. For example, if there are any novels similar to Philippa Gregory's, similar to TV's The Tudors, about a colourful period in royal Polish history, I would love to read it.

If you know of a book entitled, say, "The Everyday Day Life of Poles in History", that could be just what I'm looking for.

So if any of you can help me achieve my wish of reading about Poland, and impressing my sister-in-law, I'd be very grateful.

:):)

Comments