Radio 2 Complete Daytime Change w/c 25th May

13»

Comments

• occyoccy Posts: 65,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark Goodier should have had a fulltime gig on Radio 2, but he's only helping them out with the odd cover as he was helping out Magic FM too. I suppose Wise Buddah in return do work for the station too.
  • Marksw76Marksw76 Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Mark Goodier should have had a fulltime gig on Radio 2, but he's only helping them out with the odd cover as he was helping out Magic FM too. I suppose Wise Buddah in return do work for the station too.

I'd say he's being tee'd up as the new Allinson so I doubt he'll be on too much, maybe the occasional short notice/sick cover type thing. I like him, proper professional like Allinson.

Makes you wonder if Allinson would have still had the occasional shift on R2 if he hadn't ended up in ILR, shame really
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »

if you are suggesting Mark maybe gets extra work for his company in return for him doing Radio 2 dep work then you are wrong.
  • Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amara wrote: »
    Couldn't believe my ears yesterday the wife turned off Sarah Cox as she got fed up with her incessant chat. She's no Chris Evans fan but said she would much rather listen to him.

Agreed - Cox loves the sound of her own voice. Why she is seen as adequate cover for Chris Evans, goodness knows.
  • Nick GNick G Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Ken's on at 3am on Friday. A sign of things to come! (dives for cover..)
  • merrim01merrim01 Posts: 2,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice to hear Mayo on breakfast when Evans is off I think. Personally I love Mark Goodier but then I loved listening to the chart when he was doing it. I don't think he's dull, he has a huge passion for music and is not irritating in the slightest. His strongpoint on the chart was his impartiality.
  • pjexpjex Posts: 9,378
    Forum Member
    Richard Bacon's show this week is very speech heavy, I think he forgets he's on a music station and still at 5live, yesterday he played no music on my commute home from about 5:30, business news and then a long chat with Chris Evans including a quiz on Chris' radio career, interesting that I knew the year he did a Virgin Saturday morning show which he appears to have forgotten as thought he only did breakfast on there!

I do think Richard would be the prefect replacement for Vine as he can tackle the news agenda well but is less formal, Vine is too much BBC News for me and think would suit Radio 4 better.

Chris even suggested he should have a permanent slot, just not his and suggested drive but not sure what Mayo would make of that.