How many novels do you have?

fanfanfanfan Posts: 7,189
Forum Member
I was wondering how many novels you have in your collection. For me I have about 20. Normally when I buy books and finish reading I would sell them or give it to charity. Recently I have been keeping my favourite novels.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I very rarely give any books away, but have had to start of late to make some more room. I couldn't possibly count! I even have double copies I won't part with. :o
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Over 250 on my last count.

Until 1996,I did have ever book I bought or was given to me since birth.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too many :o.... or so Mrs Sniffle says.

I have just rediscovered the joys of my local Library tho which should slow down my book purchasing a tad. One has to make an effort in these credit crunched times...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely no idea. Really must do a clearout...
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God knows. I dunno - a couple of Fridays ago I was measuring how big my paperbacks are, now I'm considering counting my books?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Erm... 400+? It's about 20 shelves full and I have an empty bookcase waiting for future keepers :D
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As of last weekend...

:o

(Scifi/fantasy collector)
  • c1888c1888 Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    I int got 1 lol novels are boring the only books ive got are Bobby Georges autobiog, the world acourding to Gary Bushell and the world acordin to Clarkson 1
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, I have approximately 450-500 novels (although those shelves do include a few plays - not many though) and maybe another 200 or so non-fiction things like autobiographies, biographies,, history books, cookbooks travel, and so on.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    About 2,500, nearly all SF/Fantasy. 39 years a collector/reader.
  • fanfanfanfan Posts: 7,189
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    About 2,500, nearly all SF/Fantasy. 39 years a collector/reader.

Wow thats a lot:eek: I am a beginner now collecting novels that's why I have about 20:o
  • spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    Too many :o.... or so Mrs Sniffle says.

I have just rediscovered the joys of my local Library tho which should slow down my book purchasing a tad. One has to make an effort in these credit crunched times...

You can't beat your local Library. I pick 8 up when I go and always find most times half are good to read. I know I only have 3 weeks to do it, but phone them up and they renew them for you.

Love the Library.:D The only bad thing is it's not local anymore so I do need a bus, otherwise I would be in & out of there all the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    130-ish with three more recently ordered. Most of them have been bought in the past year or two. I'm only 18 though and I can see me having a lot more in a couple of years.

Waterstones is my favourite shop. I can't go shopping without popping in and more often than not I come out with something. I've got a pile of over 20 that I've bought/received since Christmas and I can't wait until my A-levels are over so I can get stuck in.

My local library is tiny so I tend to buy the books I want to read. This might change once the library in town re-opens this summer. I'll still buy books I know I'll like as I prefer to own them so I can pick them up whenever I want. The library re-opening will probably lead to me trying out different genres to those I'm used to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    probably 1000-1500+, and very little room for any more. Not that a little thing like that stops me from buying books...
  • *Sunshine**Sunshine* Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    I've probably got about 150, I can't be doing with counting them! Actually probably more, this is, I don't buy any for ages then I have a mad spell where I buy loads! I think I'm due a mad spell actually...:D
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got around 1500. 500 books and up to a thousand e books.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    100's! I don't often throw books out as I can read them 2 or 3 times over the years. I'm also a bit of a freak and don't like 2nd hand books, they literally make me feel sick, so make sure I don't throw any I want to re-read away.
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only have about 4 novels but have a couple of hundred biographies and autobiographies, none of which I can bring myself to part with. I also have collected over 100 cookery books since I've been married.
  • DotNetWillDotNetWill Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have around 20 - 30 at anyone time. When the book case starts to fill i take them to a charity shop or whack them on eBay if they are still relevant.

I have a lot of reference text books though I couldn't bring myself to get rid of because of how much they cost.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    I'd say that I have 250-300. If I had the money and the room I'd probably have a couple of thousand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    Just been sorting mine out, so I thought I would count them!

226 Plays (Shakespeare , Bennett etc)
    1687 Novels (mostly Sci-Fi
    212 Autobiographies
    and just over 1100 comics!
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Around 1000 novels, around a 100 art & photography books. And a whole lot of History books, my area of study. I have two houses, and have books absolutely everywhere. The collection is always growing because I can't go past a charity shop without buying a couple.
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thousands. And I have them stored in two different countries. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a good few hundred not sure exactly how many though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i used to buy them, read them and then give them to charity shops

now i read them, put them on www.readitswapit.co.uk

always have around 50 ones that i haven't read much to the dismay of my hubby :cool: