Forum Member
Awesome :)
Can't wait!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Video doesnt really show much but im really looking forward to this game. Hopefully more like the first than The Invisible War.

Does anyone know which consoles it will be released on?

Cheers
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes lets hope its like the first game which was awesome, as the sequel was awful.
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm liking the look of it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    Nice video, not sure if it's much like Deus Ex though.

Also, is any of that gameplay? :)

Oh and the end of the video shows logos for PC, PS3, and 360
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aspartame wrote: »
    Nice video, not sure if it's much like Deus Ex though.

Also, is any of that gameplay? :)

Oh and the end of the video shows logos for PC, PS3, and 360

Thanks soon as the end had come up i closed it down - whoops.

It look like all fmv to me, no gameplay at all. Nice to see a bit more backround info but would love to see it up and running.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trailer is awesome. I was just surprised to read that 2 games proceeded it. I 've never heard of the franchise before.
  • Options
    Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Christian bale impersonator ruined it for me.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    The trailer is awesome. I was just surprised to read that 2 games proceeded it. I 've never heard of the franchise before.

The second game is pretty good, but pales in comparison to the awesomeness of the original.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_Ex_%28video_game%29

I'm surprised you've not heard of it.

You can still buy it on Steam, I think. Definitely worth a purchase, even though it's 10 years old.
  • Options
    MetallicaMetallica Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really impressed by the new trailer -

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/penetrate-the-deus-ex/707554

It looks like you have so many options available to you, can't wait! I played the original on the PC through a bunch of different times and it is probably my favourite gaming experience. I loved wandering in to the women's toilets and starting up a conversation with a woman in there who said she was going to report me to my boss...and then during the next conversation with the boss he tells me to stay out of the women's toilets! Great detail. Hope the third matches the first rather than the 2nd.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HHmmmm it looks nice, but I have to laugh at the typical 'flourishes' in the character's movement. I think the last think you want to be doing when sneaking into a penthouse and dropping from the ceiling is to crouch there for a few seconds looking all broody. The same after chopping up loads of people with special moves - the twirl, the crouch, must look dangerous!

I suppose that's what you get when it's 'Square-ified' though. I just hope it keeps the story-telling elements and atmosphere of the first without becoming too arcadey. If it does, then it should be a winner!

Oh and let's not hope that it's about 10 hours long with DLC 'forthcoming' either, but a neverending *yawn* multiplayer mode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks good. I'm hopeful that it will be a nice big juicy single player epic. Something to really get my teeth into and explore the different paths available, keeping me enthralled for months - i can hope!

Please don't disappoint me :(
  • Options
    pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Metallica wrote: »
    I'm really impressed by the new trailer -

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/penetrate-the-deus-ex/707554

It looks like you have so many options available to you, can't wait! I played the original on the PC through a bunch of different times and it is probably my favourite gaming experience. I loved wandering in to the women's toilets and starting up a conversation with a woman in there who said she was going to report me to my boss...and then during the next conversation with the boss he tells me to stay out of the women's toilets! Great detail. Hope the third matches the first rather than the 2nd.
    Yes, the detail was amazing. I know it's impossible to account for every possibility but you had to work pretty hard to throw the game. Even if you do things out of sequence - eg. go and kill/speak to somebody before you've even met the person who requires you to do it - the game pretty much always is one step ahead of you ("I already took care of that" or similar dialogue). Consistently impressed, and even more impressive when you consider how few games have come close to the DX experience in the past ten years. People bemoan DX:IW (DX2) but as a game itself it was actually pretty great; it's only in the context and shadow of the original Deus Ex (which my mind always wants me to pronounce "deuce" even though I know it's "dey-us"...) that it comes over as poor.

Totally agree that the trailer looks impressive. Only four months 'til the game's out, but I'm hoping there's a demo beforehand (there was for DX:IW). There's a lot in that trailer that harks back to the original DX - the aug options look pretty neat and there appears to be a DX-style limited, space-related inventory (combined with an almost Resident Evil-style context menu of Equip, Combine, Examine, etc.). Also looks like we're back to specific ammo types rather than DX:IW's universal (and somewhat shitty) ammo. Looking good.

Basically all we want is the original DX's utter, utter immersiveness, non-linearity and genre-defiance, combined with today's graphics and extra processing ability and storage. Am really hoping they don't f**k it up...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry for the bump. The only other DE:HR thread is in the PC/Mac Gaming section, rather than here in the main Gaming section.

This is out next Friday... Anyone else getting it?

Early reviews so far have been very good. 94% from PC Gamer, 10/10 from OXM, and 8/10 from OPM.
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Still very much looking forward to it. The leak was fantastic, boss fights notwithstanding, and this, Skyrim and BF3 are the only games on my radar atm.
  • Options
    ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was not impressed by the hype on this game earlier in the year but it sounds like they have actually delivered the goods on this one, if recent comments and reviews are anything to go by.

I'll probably get it in a few weeks for the PC.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    MReynolds wrote: »

It's also received glowing reviews from Eurogamer and IGN with them both giving it 9/10 (considering that EG rarely gives anything more than an 8, this must be something special!).

Can't wait for it to come through my letterbox on Friday morning (PC Augmented Edition. Bought a boxed copy because the Steam version was a rip off at £39.99 and with less content...).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joystiq: 4.5/5

Eurogamer: 9/10

EDGE: 9/10

IGN: 9/10

Destructoid: 9.5/10

I received a dispatch email from GAME on Saturday, so if I'm lucky my copy will arrive tomorrow! :D
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    The gametrailers review of this is very confusing.

They spend nearly all the review bashing the game, saying that it has a weak storyline, repetative gameplay, weak voice acting and piss poor A.I.

The confusing part is that in the closing statement they say that it's a good game and they give a 8.7.

Strange from them as i normally regard their reviews quite informative.
  • Options
    NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about the game, will probably rent it first to see if it is for me - but this is a great price for it...

http://www.gamestop.co.uk/core/common/Default.aspx?quickSearch=deus%20ex:%20human%20revolution
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got this through today, will play tonight and prob come and give my verdict tomorrow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well ive only played abit of it, around an hour maybe an hour and a half and at the moment it seems a cool game. The story seems interesting enough anyway.

Lip-syncing is actually pretty bad to be fair but the voice acting seems to be good.

I like how you can be completely stealthy and at the moment i always seem to try to get around without taking out a guard but the temptation is too much and a take down has to be performed lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Okay, so i actually have the game in my hands (delivered a day early from Amazon) but because Steam insists on sticking to release dates i can't even install the thing until midnight despite the disc containing all of the relevant data and my CD key being legitimate...:rolleyes:

I know i've only got to wait 9 hours, but it's still annoying that i'm being forbidden from playing something that is in my possession. All the while console gamers can play the game freely without any such restrictions:mad:
  • Options
    HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some folks are already doing walkthroughs of the whole game!!!.
    This guy has 5 videos already 100 mins of gameplay..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lViI-ncG10

The graphics remind me of 'fear' a bit. I like the game so far, I only watched some of the first part of the walkthrough as I dont want to ruin any surprises when I play it myself.
  • Options
    pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Okay, so i actually have the game in my hands (delivered a day early from Amazon) but because Steam insists on sticking to release dates i can't even install the thing until midnight despite the disc containing all of the relevant data and my CD key being legitimate...:rolleyes:

I know i've only got to wait 9 hours, but it's still annoying that i'm being forbidden from playing something that is in my possession. All the while console gamers can play the game freely without any such restrictions:mad:
    Yeah it's annoying, though be grateful you've even got the game - mine still hasn't been dispatched from Amazon yet to the best of my knowledge (no email), so am keeping my fingers crossed that it even arrives tomorrow. Disappointing, given that I pre-ordered it back in Dec 2010 and was hoping to be one of the first to get posted. I know I wouldn't have been able to play it until midnight, but would have happily booted it up at midnight (Summer holidays - no work tomorrow!) and played a few hours. Grrrr.

Might have to play a bit more of the leak instead...