Who is your favourite Batman?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
Forum Member
✭✭
Just watching Batman on ITV2 and wondered who the best Batman was.....

Adam West
Michael Keaton
Val Kilmer
George Clooney
Christian Bale

Let BAT-tle commence (sorry!).................?

Comments

• TheMagic8ballTheMagic8ball Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keaton. dark and neurotic, acts with his eyes and only looks comfortable when he's in the batsuit - That is Batman
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Keaton. dark and neurotic, acts with his eyes and only looks comfortable when he's in the batsuit - That is Batman

I agree...but Bale is a very close and troubled second!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,815
    Forum Member
    Clooney.

Sympathy vote.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Praxidike wrote: »
    Clooney.

Sympathy vote.

Oh, bless...... :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    clooney..not in a million years...not even close lol!! :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kevin Conroy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    I'm going to vote for Dale DaBone :D wonder how many people have seen that Batman film ;) ?
  • thedarklordthedarklord Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christian Bale by far. He's given the best performance as both Batman and Bruce Wayne. His version of the character is far more interesting and complex than Michael Keaton's.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I've always thought Keaton was brilliant.
    Kilmer was ok.
    Bale is also Brilliant, but in a different way to Keaton.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,920
    Forum Member
    Difficult one.

Keaton was the best batman. Bale was definitely the best Bruce Wayne. If that makes sense.

Overall if I had to pick one I'd probably end up going for Bale, because he puts the complexity of Wayne across a bit better. But it's close.

Also, and this may be a little controversial. I sort of thought Val Kilmer was perhaps a teensy bit underrated in Batman Forever - it's just he had a poor script/dialogue weighing him down and never had a chance. He's probably since watched Batman Begins/TDK and cried into his hands at the material Christian Bale had to work with compared to himself.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although, at the time, I could not comprehend why he was chosen I'd have to say Michael Keaton.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,108
    Forum Member
    Holy conundrum!
    I'd have to say Adam West, just for nostalga's sake. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael Keaton defos its just a shame he didnt do Forever! :(:(:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bale for me, as others have said I think he was given much more interesting material to work with but Keaton is a close second. (Plus think this thread should be given a poll if popular enough :D)
  • CasdorCasdor Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bale doesn't work for me, he's very stiff and doesn't bring enough to the role in my opinion. The Villians often make Batman, not Batman himself.
  • MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christian Bale for me, he dosn't have much charisma but it seems to work in his favour.
    Clooney... homer simpson would be more convincing in the role than him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say that I personally prefer Michael Keaton's portrayal of Batman, but prefer the Christopher Nolan films as a film / piece of entertainment.

I guess it is down to the material. Keaton is, in my view the far better actor, but what he had to work with is nothing compared to what Bale has in the rebooted franchise.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adam West for me. That's the Batman I grew up with, not being a reader of the comics.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Keaton by far.
  • hurrikane313hurrikane313 Posts: 2,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Keaton by the proverbial mile. As much as I love TDK has a film I absolutely hate Christian Bale and have never found any performance of his convincing or any good. To me Bale will always be one of those actors that gets everything handed to them all because of his looks.

Michael Keaton on the other hand is a great and versatile actor who seems at home no matter what type of role he is playing. And is portrayal of Batman was brilliant, dark and mysterious, but also very charismatic.

Have said ever since seeing TDK that it would have been perfect instead of very good if it was Keaton facing off with Ledger's Joker.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To me Bale will always be one of those actors that gets everything handed to them all because of his looks.

You've obviously never seen American Psycho. He's fantastic in that film. Think he's perfectly acceptable as Bruce Wayne too. I realise his portrayal of Batman is ripe for parody, but that is the mark of having created something memorable.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bale is an amazing actor,see american psycho,prestige,mechanic,rescue dawn and tell me he gets things handed to him!

mt votes for bale btw lol
  • hurrikane313hurrikane313 Posts: 2,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smerph wrote: »
    You've obviously never seen American Psycho. He's fantastic in that film. Think he's perfectly acceptable as Bruce Wayne too. I realise his portrayal of Batman is ripe for parody, but that is the mark of having created something memorable.

Actually I have seen it, and found him more stiff and wooden than plank of wood.

See what happens when you make assumptions, instead of just accepting my opinion. You leave yourself open for me to go...Pfffffffft.

Bazinga.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    I'd have to say Michael Keaton. I think he is fab as Batman.

Christian Bale is a very close second and I agree with the poster above who said that Val Kilmer could have been excellent if Batman Forever wasnt so rubbish.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christian Bale by far. He's given the best performance as both Batman and Bruce Wayne. His version of the character is far more interesting and complex than Michael Keaton's.

Same here.