JK Rowlings on being a single mum

124»

Comments

• Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    And plenty of women have a child whilst in a committed relationship and that relationship breaks down. How is that hard to understand?
    Exactly!! There are lots of fantastic hard working single Mums out there.

I should know, my Mum has been a single mother (again) since I was 17 and has done a damm better job at looking after me than my Dad has done since he walked off! I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my Mum. She's one of the hardest working people I know!!
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ikkleosu wrote: »
    Well, as I'm apparently I'm a moron, perhaps you'd like to spell it out for me because the only assumptions i see being made were by you - wrong ones, about when the Harry Potter films became a success.

Oh and there's no humiliation on my part, believe me.

BIB That is not what was said. Try reading again :rolleyes:

Ah "End of", the song of the intellectually deficit.

The irony of this sentence and your response. Are you still not gettng it?:D:D:D
  • Options
    ikkleosuikkleosu Posts: 11,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    BIB That is not what was said. Try reading again :rolleyes:

The irony of this sentence and your response. Are you still not gettng it?:D:D:D

Is all this hilarity and apparent humiliation because I used the word deficit instead of deficient? LOL I was inferred that your argument had a deficit of intellect but obviously that's too difficult to comprehend by someone who's idea of a discussion is to say "end of" and throw some insults and emoticons about.

I fear we may be boring the rest of those wanting to read an interesting discussion about JK Rowling's huge success, so I'll leave it at the fact that you are wrong, and you admitted so when you said you were only guessing why the books became longer. Well done you.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ikkleosu wrote: »
    Is all this hilarity and apparent humiliation because I used the word deficit instead of deficient? LOL I was inferred that your argument had a deficit of intellect but obviously that's too difficult to comprehend by someone who's idea of a discussion is to say "end of" and throw some insults and emoticons about.

I fear we may be boring the rest of those wanting to read an interesting discussion about JK Rowling's huge success, so I'll leave it at the fact that you are wrong, and you admitted so when you said you were only guessing why the books became longer. Well done you.

Well, it was rather amusing under the circumstances! I wasn't guessing about the length of the books any more than anyone else. Including you! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BTW I think you mean inferring not inferred. :D:D:D Many thanks for the fun. :D:D:D
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    So, as I'm a tory voter, how does my post fit into your stereotypes?

JK Rowling used the stereotypes in characters such as The Dursleys and The Malfoys....And in Shirley and Howard in Th Casual Vacancy. I wasn't talking about my view, I just recognised what she said.
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless you were attacked what do you mean 'through no fault of your own'? It takes two to tango?
    Thousands of women were living on their own in rooms after WW2, they never got themselves pregnant until they were married.

JK Rowling was married, it has been written it was an abusive relationship, that she got out of. So it was not her fault that she was a single mother. And many single women did get pregnant, they had their child taken off them or a back street abortion.
  • Options
    Admiral StarAdmiral Star Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »

As to why the books suddenly became longer, we can only surmise.

Didn't JK say she has written most of the series early on anyway? I think she changed bits along the way but all the series was planned out in advance. I couldn't imagine the seventh book being shorter really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Unless you were attacked what do you mean 'through no fault of your own'? It takes two to tango?
    Thousands of women were living on their own in rooms after WW2, they never got themselves pregnant until they were married.

Yeah it's amazing how we women manage to get pregnant all on our own isn't it?
    By the way, JKR was married but the relationship ended, not that she'd care what you'd think anyway.