Vicious Series 2 -ITV 1

Comments

• DCM10DCM10 Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A nice easy going, silly, harmless, funny show. It will never obtain a cult status but it's delightful fun :)
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed last night's episode much more than the first episode, although there were still a few clunky moments. I was expecting there to be a twist in terms of (the rather easy on the eye) Theo's 'partner' being a woman.
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Thought that the Locker Room scene was a bit strange but apart from that the rest of the episode wall a real hoot :)
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It took me a few minutes to place her, but Ash's girlfriend is the same actress from the short lived US sitcom The New Normal.

Also, Georgina King, who plays Ash's girlfriend is the daughter of actor Jonathan Hyde.
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DCM10 wrote: »
    A nice easy going, silly, harmless, funny show. It will never obtain a cult status but it's delightful fun :)

I think the series will obtain a bit of a cult status due to the two legends who star in it. Both are fantastic actors who have been about since the 1950s/1960s and both are seasoned actors who have massive followings. I also think they totally bounce off each other and their acting doesn't even seem to be acting as they have been friends for years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last one wasn't as funny as the first one I watched, but I still laughed at some bits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AngiBear wrote: »
    I think the series will obtain a bit of a cult status due to the two legends who star in it. Both are fantastic actors who have been about since the 1950s/1960s and both are seasoned actors who have massive followings. I also think they totally bounce off each other and their acting doesn't even seem to be acting as they have been friends for years.

They've got great chemistry, and the show wouldn't be nearly as funny without them.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The women are the stars of the show for me, much as the two leads are legendary actors I just don't find their scenes that funny
  • CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    I do find it a bit odd how Ash manages to afford to rent a flat in what seems to be a pretty exclusive area of London. Maybe he finds ways to supplement his income by hanging around older gay men;-)

I realise he is intended to be the gormless eye candy but even so.

It's really not, it just happens to be a really nice street in the middle of Hackney
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    The women are the stars of the show for me, much as the two leads are legendary actors I just don't find their scenes that funny

Violet and Penelope are the funny. The rest it a bit meh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone spot me in the opening sequence in ep 2 last night. I was the one who was lucky enough to walk in between IM and DJ! Felt so honoured and privileged meeting them!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Iwan Rheon definitely used some of his Ramsey Snow skills tonight. :D

I was just about to post the same
    :D I wish he had said "I'm from the north" instead of Wigan.

Well Wigan is in the North :)
  • MeridaMerida Posts: 2,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't think ep2 was nearly as funny as ep1 but it's still an enjoyable half hour and a programme I'm definitely sticking with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merida wrote: »
    Didn't think ep2 was nearly as funny as ep1 but it's still an enjoyable half hour and a programme I'm definitely sticking with.

Thought it was better to be honest
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CriticFan wrote: »
    Did anyone spot me in the opening sequence in ep 2 last night. I was the one who was lucky enough to walk in between IM and DJ! Felt so honoured and privileged meeting them!

I saw that and thought you were lucky!. How did it happen?. I'm guessing you weren't just walking down the street and happened to bump into them!.:D
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I was just about to post the same

Well Wigan is in the North :)

Sir Ian Mckellen got his own star on the Wigan walk of fame yesterday!.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33055213

I believe he was born in Burnley but grew up in Wigan.
  • henry_hopehenry_hope Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Viscious lost 700,000 viewers in its second episode ratings.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    I watched a couple of episodes of series 1 and thought it was dire.

So when series 2 came on I wasnt going to bother. For some reason I watched last weeks and found myself laughing :D

I told my husband and he said....oh dear thats a sign of old age :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I'm sure there are some laughs in it but it's all too camp for me.
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member

How was the gay sandwich :D
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes and I thought it was very rude to walk inbetween people like that. You was in the wrong not them.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Bad writing and/or direction. Why would you possible need to walk inbetween them?
    All because they needed the setup that they were scared by the yoofs on the street? Surely two actors of their calibre should deserve better scripts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw that and thought you were lucky!. How did it happen?. I'm guessing you weren't just walking down the street and happened to bump into them!.:D

Originally I wasn't going to bump into them at all and would just walk past them. But Sir Ian suggested after we had already had a number of rehearsals that it should be changed.

I joined a few extras agencies a year ago and have had very good featured parts since then and have been very lucky. Vicious has been one of many highlights.

It is quite regular work and good pay ;-) but very long days!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Bad writing and/or direction. Why would you possible need to walk inbetween them?
    All because they needed the setup that they were scared by the yoofs on the street? Surely two actors of their calibre should deserve better scripts.

Totally agree but it was set up to be a laugh. I don't know if you could see but I was walking with a girl my age who was told to push me into IM and DJ so it would look more realistic, but all she did was give was me a light tap so I had to do it all myself and make it look like I'd been pushed..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    How was the gay sandwich :D

Tasty ;-)