Options

Want to write for Big Finish?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Finish are now looking for short stories featuring any of the first Eight Doctors.

Details here
    It doesn't matter whether or not you've been published before, but submissions will only be accepted from people who have never written anything for Big Finish. If your story is chosen, you will work with an editor to get the story ready for publication. You will receive the standard author’s contract and rates of pay. Remember, this is a short story, not a play. It should be no more than 2,500 words in length.

Classic Doctors... brand new adventures

You can make use of any of the first eight Doctors. You can also use any of the classic television companions (up to and including Ace) and any of the Big Finish companions. You cannot use either the Ninth, Tenth or Eleventh Doctors, nor their companions, nor any other of the Doctor’s past friends and enemies. No Daleks, no Cybermen, no Time Lords, no Drashigs or Slitheen etc. Your story should be wholly original.

Closing Date 29th March 2010.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll enter that as well! I think i might use my 'empire of the blue box' plot. He he he ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So did anyone hear back on the audio play submissions?

The sucessful entries in the short story competition are here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just listened to the Big Finish May podcast and they've narrowed the audio play entries down to 12 possibles.

So a final decision still has to be made (or hadn't been made a few days ago).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have they deicided who has won the fifth doctor plot yet?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have they deicided who has won the fifth doctor plot yet?

Not yet
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bigfinish.com/news/Fifth-Doctor-Opportunity-Winner
    And the winner is... Rick Briggs. All at Big Finish would like to offer Rick our congratulations. We won't reveal anything about his story yet, because we don't want to spoil it for you.

'It's a great story,' confirms exec producer Nick Briggs. 'It leapt out at me straight away when Alan showed it to me along with the other finalists. Of course, the slightly embarrassing thing is that he's got the same surname as me! I thought, Oh no, no one's going to believe that he's not a relative of mine. But honestly, he isn't... and we couldn't not pick him just because he's got the same surname as me! That would have been terribly unfair.

'The only thing I'll reveal about his story at this stage, purely in the interests of being a bit of a tease, is that the second paragraph of Rick's storyline features the words "mysterious laughing young woman"... intriguing, eh?' laughs Nick.

Big Finish would like to thank everyone who took the time to send in their ideas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone on here Rick Briggs? :)
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done 'the other' Mr Briggs, wherever you are :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Curses! I could have won. Oh well.