Why didn't DS talk to Blackburn about our concerns over Corrie's quality

summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
Forum Member
It seems strange this wasn't addressed, it's one of the most talked about things on this forum these days.

Comments

• J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »
    It seems strange this wasn't addressed, it's one of the most talked about things on this forum these days.

It doesn't pay them to ask any hard hitting questions. Any risk of potentially getting less information from ITV in the future, if an interview goes terribly, resulting in less pageviews and advertising revenue for Hearst, the owners of digital spy.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did he actually have a conversation? I thought it was his synopsis punctuated by a character.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    As far as Blackburn is concerned, Corrie is amazing right now.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,278
    Forum Member
    From what I can gather, the press teams read through the selected questions and then advise the producers which ones to answer as they font want the dhows portrayed in a negative light,
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,829
    Forum Member
    At least they discussed Tim and Sally's relationship which is very popular here on DS and it seems they are going to stay a couple for the foreseeable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because ds are in stuart (the hats) pocket and because corrie is the media's darling.
  • David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS users hate everything so their opinions of Corrie are pretty meaningless.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because ds are in stuart (the hats) pocket and because corrie is the media's darling.

Why is he known as the hat i never understood that? Same with posts in EE threads with TPTB?
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Why is he known as the hat i never understood that? Same with posts in EE threads with TPTB?

He wears hats alot, his picture in the interviews shows him wearing.
    I believe thats where it comes from.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »

Thanks seems a pretty daft thing to call the man, i'd agree the DS photo needs updating though.
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Thanks seems a pretty daft thing to call the man, i'd agree the DS photo needs updating though.

Much like Birkwood for Bryan Kirkwood its just a nickname.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member

TPTB is 'the powers that be'. It is a generic expression for bosses, the people in charge.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie seems alright to me at the moment
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,840
    Forum Member
    I used to be a major Corrie fanatic. I have up a few years ago, but by chance I'm just watching the omnibus. And having browsed the producer interview, I thought I would tune in; it gives the impression that Corrie is flying high! What has happened?! Is this a 'filler' week, or is this the quality that the show is currently producing every week?

After a few years away, it's massively obvious that the actress who plays Tracey Barlow is incredibly weak, as is William Roach. I know he's been through a lot, but these 'caravan' scenes are just incredibly awkward to watch. The dialogue is so awful and the actors are doing nothing to salvage it.

Everything seems very different, it doesn't have Corrie's tone that I used to love. The forced comedy, the attempts at kitchen sink drama and shoddy acting aren't what I would associate the nations 'number 1' soap.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    Corrie seems alright to me at the moment

Me too, no soap is perfect but I am loving it on the whole.
    Its the only soap that makes me laugh out loud.
    Emmer has turned into EE, all miserable and gritty, Corrie is the only one left of the big three that has lots of humour in it.
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Friday double episodes last week were very good, the week before very poor, just like yesterdays offerings. What a load of old nonsense - sour face Leanne smashes bottles and plates in a restaurant among the diners and kids like a mad woman, one of them a baby that could have been showered with glass. Nobody does anything to stop her and Kal follows her around like a puppy. Then Mad Maddah jumps into Carla's car and is out in a trice - are the keys just left in the ignitions of this ridiculous garage? Then with no licence she is driving this high powered car like Lewis Hamilton with no insurance and without the owners consent, like the scourge of the traffic police and honest drivers - but that is not even frowned upon because she is taking some mutt to the vets and will no doubt be given a job in the factory on the back of it. Meanwhile Dierdre acts like she needs to be sectioned, she is not funny she is an embarrassment and Gail and Sally are not far behind. Then more tedium with Big Jim and his biscuit fetish and Hitler Peter and his bloody booze! Dire.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »

Here's a nice picture of him wearing a hat.

http://yorkshirereporter.co.uk/coronation-street-boss-stuart-blackburn-and-leeds-utd-legend-eddie-gray-honoured-by-leeds-metropolitan-university/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    True, cast and crew etc. are discouraged from reading it, also they're only a very small minority of the viewers. Most of the people who watch wouldn't dream of joining the DS rabble - or even know what it is.
    There are lots of other forums out there where the general opinion is very different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

it is daft, but it has stuck, so many posters use it, plus he looks a prat wearing it.;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a common occurrence, sadly. I wish we were able to be more ballsy with questions because Kirkwood needs a serious investigation to see what is going on inside his head.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Me too, no soap is perfect but I am loving it on the whole.
    Its the only soap that makes me laugh out loud.
    Emmer has turned into EE, all miserable and gritty, Corrie is the only one left of the big three that has lots of humour in it.

it is a myth eastenders is all doom and gloom, emmerdale is probably the most depressing of the big 3 (that isn't a dig before emmerdale fans get on their zimmers and have a hissy, well a tutting fit)

emmerdale has been brilliant of late and there is nothing wrong with a bit of grime, grit and misery. it is known in many circles as 'the village of the damned.'

i suppose it depends on your sense of humour. some scenes in corrie can be extremely funny, however sometimes they can miss the mark with bad scripts and hammy acting. at times they can be embarrassing and cringe worthy. a prime example of this was the scene with gail and michael crying over a weepy film. i love deirdre, anne kirkbride is comedy gold and deliver's her lines brilliantly.

eastenders has some great one liners, the likes of rakhee thakrar, jessie wallace, linda henry, kellie bright, timothy west, danny dyer and ann mitchell all have their moments to shine and have a gift for comedy. timothy west is outstanding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a common occurrence, sadly. I wish we were able to be more ballsy with questions because Kirkwood needs a serious investigation to see what is going on inside his head.

i dread to think. :o
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS were never going to select the negative questions that fans wantee asked.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Friday double episodes last week were very good, the week before very poor, just like yesterdays offerings. What a load of old nonsense - sour face Leanne smashes bottles and plates in a restaurant among the diners and kids like a mad woman, one of them a baby that could have been showered with glass. Nobody does anything to stop her and Kal follows her around like a puppy. Then Mad Maddah jumps into Carla's car and is out in a trice - are the keys just left in the ignitions of this ridiculous garage? Then with no licence she is driving this high powered car like Lewis Hamilton with no insurance and without the owners consent, like the scourge of the traffic police and honest drivers - but that is not even frowned upon because she is taking some mutt to the vets and will no doubt be given a job in the factory on the back of it. Meanwhile Dierdre acts like she needs to be sectioned, she is not funny she is an embarrassment and Gail and Sally are not far behind. Then more tedium with Big Jim and his biscuit fetish and Hitler Peter and his bloody booze! Dire.

When is the like button going to appear?
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but the ratings are down a lot too suggesting it isn't just peeps on ds who are unsatisfied with the show and Collinson was raved about on here.