How long to walk six miles?

2»

Comments

• chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
    Forum Member
    JDnm wrote:

You walk one mile in 8 minutes? erm, ok.

Have you already qualified for the next Olympic Walking contest?

Either you look like a duck and do that weird race-walking, you count running as walking or your legs are 10ft long.

I am a fast walker, my sister doesn't like walking with me, she comments that I walk like druggies do, lol.

I did say maybe I take shortcuts etc whereas cars can't.

Approximately 1 mile distance, but takes me about 8 mins at least to get there.

I'm only 5'5" :D
  • JDnmJDnm Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol, so you can hop over a fence and take a short walk through a feild and it takes you 8 minutes from point A to point B, but if you went in the car, you would have to go all the way around and it would work out at a mile, you deceptive so and so....

Im not joking, Olympic standard walkers do a mile in around 7 minutes, but basically it is running, barring the technicalities of their form.
  • chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
    Forum Member
    JDnm wrote:
    lol, so you can hop over a fence and take a short walk through a feild and it takes you 8 minutes from point A to point B, but if you went in the car, you would have to go all the way around and it would work out at a mile, you deceptive so and so....

Im not joking, Olympic standard walkers do a mile in around 7 minutes, but basically it is running, barring the technicalities of their form.

Now that you put it that way, lol.

I would just say i'm faster than usual at walking then.

How ever long it takes me, depends on the speed of my legs & the distance & obstacles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    On average, we walk 4mph, which is 15 minutes to a mile. This means 6 miles is 1 hour 30 mins, approx.

I walked 20 miles for charity and it took 6 hours 30 minutes - done it three years in a row. Nothing impressive, but this was with no breaks, only water and crisps!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    hi there just curious to know have you started your 6 mile walk yet? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not yet, but I've been poorly this week, It will start next week, quite looking forward to it. :D