Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tosh. Methinks.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First he picks a fight with the prince, then tries to refuse the king.. Bit gormless on the old self preservation this 'merlin' kid!
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tosh. Methinks.

No Tosh was a much better actress that gwenn that is
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next week it’s "Two flagons of mead and a pouch of dried toads".
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    surely you mean 100 years earlier ;)

Never really watched Buffy - but wasn't it 20th century. King Arthur was before 1000 AD = 1000 years. Please tell me I'm not losing it LOL!!!
    Who Dares Wins, now.... Worth it just to watch the camp Fergus LOL - he should be in Merlin!!!
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Never really watched Buffy - but wasn't it 20th century. King Arthur was before 1000 AD = 1000 years. Please tell me I'm not losing it LOL!!!
    I think I will actually enjoy this on a Saturday night as they draw in. Good bit of hokum IMO....
    In it to win it, now.... Worth it just to watch the camp Fergus LOL - he should be in Merlin!!!

I wasn;t disputing you knowing your stuff MrB I was just wondering about americans ability ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who wrote this? The press office blurb shares nowt.

Wales..all the usual suspects..Not Russell T? Arthur and Merlin didn't kiss....

(I was trying to read the credits but as per the BBC have boxed them..)
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The opening sequence looked too much like "Robin Hood" but thankfully the rest of the story panned out fine.

Eve Myles - much better evil than good IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well i enjoyed it, made a nice change from reality tv shows !

whens it on next week, ive just checked the planner and it says Strictly then straight onto the National Lottery, anyone know ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loulaa wrote: »
    well i enjoyed it, made a nice change from reality tv shows !

whens it on next week, ive just checked the planner and it says Strictly then straight onto the National Lottery, anyone know ?

The announcer said 6 o'clock, I think, so before SCD
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,948
    Forum Member
    Yes that was very promising. The Beeb got this one right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    The announcer said 6 o'clock, I think, so before SCD

yes your right, thanks very much :D
  • HorizonHorizon Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great family entertainment from the Beeb - something they used to do a lot of. Great characters and story. I agree though about the music, there is no decent music theme to this, I guess that could be improved for the 2nd series.

Well done Beeb for a change, now back to the usual schedule of crap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed it. Nice to see another twist on the Arthurian legend
  • CaptainSensibleCaptainSensible Posts: 5,483
    Forum Member
    I strugged to watch this; compared to Excalibur (the film) with its genuine sense/atmosphere of a mystical/pagan realm that is forever lost, this sterile soap opera style nice'n'clean medieval stuff is just dreck...
  • SallysallySallysally Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    They obviously travelled far and wide in them there far off days - fancy - they had tomatoes well before the New World was discovered by Columbus et al!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Not the first time Eve Myles’ acting has sent the audience to sleep.

Your two posts have made me p myself (not literally). Very funny. Please, it's making the viewing more enjoyable having you here. :)
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Excellent. Those who decided not to watch, have missed out on a gem. I hoped it'd be good but thought it'd probably be another Robin Hood. I was wrong. Everyone in my family loved it.
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a kids' show. I don't expect it to spin yarns of great mystique and unfathomable dark comic book wank.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Horizon wrote: »
    I agree though about the music, there is no decent music theme to this.

All the ITC series (Robin Hood, William Tell, The Saint, The Champions, Dept. S, etc.) had cult themes: the Beeb needs to work on this...
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was brilliant. I really enjoyed it. Perfect Saturday night TV. :)
  • regentvregentv Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I loved it,proper Saturday night entertainment.:)
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Sallysally wrote: »
    They obviously travelled far and wide in them there far off days - fancy - they had tomatoes well before the New World was discovered by Columbus et al!

There was a wizard, a witch and a dragon and you thought it was more unrealistic that they had tomatoes pre-Columbus :rolleyes:.

Thank you BBC Wales for yet another great piece of TV. First doctor who, torchwood and life on mars. Now this.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like how people were commenting and slagging it off about ten minutes into it. Just bloody watch it first, thankyou.

I thought it was pretty good, but again like Robin Hood it's a shame it's basically made for kids and so any 'fight' parts are about as dangerous as a kitten wrapped in a fluffy blanket. The guy playing Arthur seems a bit crap, although he had all of three or four lines, all of them pitched as 'I'm an arsehole'. Eve Myles was good in her role. It's a shame she isn't permanently in this (or ANYONE remotely as good as her, for that matter).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    I thought it was pretty good, not amazing, but pretty good. Far better than Robin Hood.

I'll be watching next week.