EE - It was not Ians fault that Bianca is in Prison!!!

O-JO-J Posts: 18,805
Forum Member
✭✭
I just catched up where Carol was hinting about her job back at the cafe, saying it was Ian's fault that Bianca went to prison!

Ian didn't have to help her, why should he, after all the things Bianca has said about him, not to mention faffing about at work!
Its not a crime to not help someone if they are horrible to you!

And its not as if Bianca was gonna pay him back!
She was asking for free money!

Ian did not ask her to steal or assault!
She got caught!

Wish someone would bring that up already!

Comments

• ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,931
    Forum Member
    Carol was just trying her luck, I don't blame her. She wants to get some stability for Bianca and some money so she can feed and clothe her grandchildren. Yes she is being morally wrong, but I don't blame her for doing a bit of emotional blackmail so that she can give morgan chicken nuggets for his tea.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Initially Bianca was asking for an advance on her wages and then the whole thing got out of hand. Carol was pushing her luck and it wasn't Ian's fault that Bianca got herself in a mess. Still as Bianca's uncle I'd like to see him giving her a second chance when she comes home...and as they say , no harm in asking.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. It was Bianca fault, Carol seems to think she can just waltz in and just demand her job back and start blaming others for not helping her family, maybe if Bianca wasn't rude to everyone people would help her, or if Bianca started saving instead of always getting herself into the same mess.
  • LousianaLousiana Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian was harsh with Bianca, he didn't have to sack her, it was that what tipped her over the edge.

Bianca is Ian's niece which he seems all too quick to forget about.

The whole point of that scene was that Ian was showing a lack of compassion for others. Why didn't he just tell Bianca that he was having money problems himself?
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lousiana wrote: »
    Ian was harsh with Bianca, he didn't have to sack her, it was that what tipped her over the edge.

Bianca is Ian's niece which he seems all too quick to forget about.

The whole point of that scene was that Ian was showing a lack of compassion for others. Why didn't he just tell Bianca that he was having money problems himself?

On the flip side though when has Bianca ever helped Ian out or been nice to him? All she ever does is mock and insult him and then go crawling to him for money or work when she's desperate, why should he be nice to her when she cant even be civil to him?
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the flip side though when has Bianca ever helped Ian out or been nice to him? All she ever does is mock and insult him and then go crawling to him for money or work when she's desperate, why should he be nice to her when she cant even be civil to him?

Exactly.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Agreed. It was Bianca fault, Carol seems to think she can just waltz in and just demand her job back and start blaming others for not helping her family, maybe if Bianca wasn't rude to everyone people would help her, or if Bianca started saving instead of always getting herself into the same mess.

This. Carol was an arsehole Monday. Coming in throwing her weight around with her family and guiltripping a man who is recovering from a nervous breakdown.

Its Carols fault Biancas a failure in life not Ians.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »

BIB: Spot on. She can have such an abrasive and piss taking attitude at times!

Very good point. People do give Bianca chances but somehow she always manages to screw things up but then it's always someone else's fault :rolleyes:
    This. Carol was an arsehole Monday. Coming in throwing her weight around with her family and guiltripping a man who is recovering from a nervous breakdown.

I would say it's BIANCA'S fault she's a failure in life. She a woman in her thirties, how long can she go on blaming her parents for her own failings?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When has Ian ever needed help from Bianca?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think 'arsehole' is a bit strong.

For all we know Ian could've offered to keep their jobs open for them.

Also I would hardly say getting into debt and doing something desperate to get yourself out of it makes someone a 'failure in life'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When has Ian ever needed help from Bianca?

When has Bianca ever treated him with any respect, despite him giving her a job?

Fair enough, Ian's not been the nicest person in the world (far from it!) but Bianca being his niece is NOT a moral obligation to help her out, especially if they're not on good terms.

I don't blame Carol for trying her luck, but it's definitely not Ian's fault for Bianca's problems. She was fired for a reason.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    When has Bianca ever treated him with any respect, despite him giving her a job?

Fair enough, Ian's not been the nicest person in the world (far from it!) but Bianca being his niece is NOT a moral obligation to help her out, especially if they're not on good terms.

I don't blame Carol for trying her luck, but it's definitely not Ian's fault for Bianca's problems. She was fired for a reason.
    She was fired for asking him for a loan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    I just catched up where Carol was hinting about her job back at the cafe, saying it was Ian's fault that Bianca went to prison!

Ian didn't have to help her, why should he, after all the things Bianca has said about him, not to mention faffing about at work!
    Its not a crime to not help someone if they are horrible to you!

And its not as if Bianca was gonna pay him back!
    She was asking for free money!

Ian did not ask her to steal or assault!
    She got caught!

Wish someone would bring that up already!
    Bianca asked Ian for a loan not free money and since he employs her then he could easily get the money back through deductions in wage.

Ian couldn't have lent Bianca any money anyway as he was in debt himself, why didn't he just admit that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was fired for asking him for a loan.

Not word-for-word, but:

Ian: get back to work
    Bianca: no
    Ian: get back to work now
    Ian: last chance, get back to work
    Bianca: no, I'm not leaving until you help me
    Ian: fine. You're fired

Seems reasonable to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bianca asked Ian for a loan not free money and since he employs her then he could easily get the money back through deductions in wage.

Ian couldn't have lent Bianca any money anyway as he was in debt himself, why didn't he just admit that?

Why did he have to admit anything to Bianca?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did he have to admit anything to Bianca?
    Because then she would've left him alone without losing her job? because it would show he was not being harsh in refusing to help?

The only explanation for Ian not telling her this is that he was enjoying having power over Bianca and making her squirm before delivering the killer blow. Any decent human would've just said 'look I haven't got the money ok'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not word-for-word, but:

Ian: get back to work
    Ian: get back to work now
    Ian: last chance, get back to work
    Bianca: no, I'm not leaving until you help me
    Ian: fine. You're fired

Seems reasonable to me.
    Mandy was in charge of the café that day and agreed that Bianca could have some time off. It's not like she just walked out and left it unattended.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because then she would've left him alone without losing her job? because it would show he was not being harsh in refusing to help?

The only explanation for Ian not telling her this is that he was enjoying having power over Bianca and making her squirm before delivering the killer blow. Any decent human would've just said 'look I haven't got the money ok'.

BIB: that is not the point, his debt was his problem.

I don't know or care why Ian didn't help Bianca. I don't know or care whether Ian's a decent human being. What I know is that it has nothing to do with morals - it was not Ian's problem full stop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB: that is not the point, his debt was his problem.

I don't know or care why Ian didn't help Bianca. I don't know or care whether Ian's a decent human being. What I know is that it has nothing to do with morals - it was not Ian's problem full stop.
    Well for the record I don't think it is Ian's fault that Bianca ended up in prison but I do think he was harsh for not telling her why he couldn't help. There was no reasoning for that other than Ian being a sh!t IMO.

Carol asked if she could have her job back at the cafe she did not go around making any demands. Lucy was outright rude to her.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Knowing Bianca, the loan would never be fully repaid!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well for the record I don't think it is Ian's fault that Bianca ended up in prison but I do think he was harsh for not telling her why he couldn't help. There was no reasoning for that other than Ian being a sh!t IMO.

Carol asked if she could have her job back at the cafe she did not go around making any demands. Lucy was outright rude to her.

That's Ian summed up though - he's always been like that :D

Lucy's horrible, and as I said I don't blame Carol for trying her luck. I'm not a Lucy fan but if someone told me "when we start working together again you're going to have to work on your attitude" I'd have responded in kind. In short, I felt they were rude to each other.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I think this all goes way back. Ian despised David Wicks and has always taken it out on his daughter, Bianca and treated her with disdain. Fair enough Bianca has given back as good as she gets but she knows that Ian doesn't like her and why.
    Maybe when Bianca comes back we can see the new improved Ian start to treat her as family and have some respect on both sides. They are both Beales and it's not as if Ian has so many relatives that he can afford to ignore that fact forever.
  • secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't have to get along with or like your family.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't have to get along with or like your family.

Agreed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but Ian has never made any effort with Bianca & the kids.

At least Tanya for all her faults and looking down on others has tried to help Bianca and she is not even her blood family.

There's no reason for Ian not to get on with Bianca, as for Bianca not treating Ian with respect, please we are talking isolated incidents here. Let's not forget that Ian was on Bianca's doorstep making very offensive remarks about Tony/Whitney in December 2008, it works both ways...