TV picture and sound breaking up

can anyone help me? I've got to flat screens a 48" in living room and 36" in bedroom, both running through a booster connected to a brand new digital ariel, perfect picture in living room but the one in the bedroom keeps pixelating and breaking up as though there is interference any ideas?

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First off. You do not have a Digital Aerial. There ain't no such animal. :)

As for your problem. Check out all the cables and plugs.Dodgy cabling or poorly terminated plugs can very easily cream cracker the signal giving you exactly the results you are getting.

So make sure the cable isn't damaged anywhere along it's length and that the plugs at each end are properly made off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    kilkio wrote: »
    can anyone help me? I've got to flat screens a 48" in living room and 36" in bedroom, both running through a booster connected to a brand new digital ariel, perfect picture in living room but the one in the bedroom keeps pixelating and breaking up as though there is interference any ideas?

just replaced coax and redone connections, still breaking up, could it be something simple?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    First off. You do not have a Digital Aerial. There ain't no such animal. :)

As for your problem. Check out all the cables and plugs.Dodgy cabling or poorly terminated plugs can very easily cream cracker the signal giving you exactly the results you are getting.

So make sure the cable isn't damaged anywhere along it's length and that the plugs at each end are properly made off.

just replaced coax and redone connections, still breaking up, could it be something simple?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure where your booster is located but could you not temporarily join your main feed from the Aerial to the coax which feeds the bedroom TV & see what happens. It could be a faulty booster or indeed the booster may be causing the issue by giving too much signal to the second TV.

I used to live in a difficult reception area & ended up with an expensive Yagi type Aerial, Booster followed by an attenuator which might sound crazy but was the only way to get a stable picture.