Options

Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2062382/LIZ-JONES-MOANS-Joggers-wont-look-smug-boobs-head-south.html

Liz hates joggers AND theatre goers :confused: A logical parallel there. She hates being hit by gigantic sagging boobs as they rush past her, does she mean the theatre goers as well? Don't they know how easy it is to have these unwanted burdens chopped off?
  • Options
    aligailaligail Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    Seabird wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2062382/LIZ-JONES-MOANS-Joggers-wont-look-smug-boobs-head-south.html

Liz hates joggers AND theatre goers :confused: A logical parallel there. She hates being hit by gigantic sagging boobs as they rush past her, does she mean the theatre goers as well? Don't they know how easy it is to have these unwanted burdens chopped off?

And don't forget the Yoga enthusiasts who all have yeast infections! How many times has that gem appeared in her articles?
    She sounds like a very petulant and repetitive 5 year old !
  • Options
    newbabynewbaby Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Passive aggressive panting". Could somebody please explain what this means.

Maybe passive aggressive is the phrase of the month, as it appeared in the rant about Ladies Who Bake ("passive aggressive nightmares") and was just chucked in without a thought to the actual meaning, in which case I shall look forward to references to passive aggressive synchronised swimming or passive aggressive sky-diving. Or perhaps I'm being really dim, and the cleverness of the remark went clean over my head.

Comments, I see, remain closed, but not before remarks from Cyanide Cindy, Doris Morris and CCMC: :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newbaby wrote: »
    "Passive aggressive panting". Could somebody please explain what this means.

Maybe passive aggressive is the phrase of the month, as it appeared in the rant about Ladies Who Bake ("passive aggressive nightmares") and was just chucked in without a thought to the actual meaning, in which case I shall look forward to references to passive aggressive synchronised swimming or passive aggressive sky-diving. Or perhaps I'm being really dim, and the cleverness of the remark went clean over my head.

Comments, I see, remain closed, but not before remarks from Cyanide Cindy, Doris Morris and CCMC: :)

I wonder if she's in therapy as she does seem to be throwing in terminology that she doesn't really understand. I'm probably wrong but I thought 'passive-aggressive' was generally deliberately hostile, silent behaviour, i.e. sulking or ignoring someone to hurt them, so I don't see where panting fits in. I'm sure this phrase will turn up again in future articles so bingo cards at the ready. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    SmallalienSmallalien Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mariets wrote: »
    When she marries the RS and the pics are in Hello, then we'll all have to eat our words.;)

OMG - wedding pictures and pictures of "At home with Mr and Mrs Rock Star-Jones". Just like the normal spreads except Rock Star has a bag on his head with holes cut out for eyes so we STILL won't know who he is!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She says who wants to look like Paula Radcliffe. Well who wants to look like Liz Jones either pre or post face lift? And at least Paula was able to have two children by her husband without stealing his sperm.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Smallalien wrote: »
    OMG - wedding pictures and pictures of "At home with Mr and Mrs Rock Star-Jones". Just like the normal spreads except Rock Star has a bag on his head with holes cut out for eyes so we STILL won't know who he is!
    We will if those eyes are piggy-like!
  • Options
    Amused HarpyAmused Harpy Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    There's more sh*te in her columns than in a public convenience!

We must be slightly masochistic in subjecting ourselves to reading such drivel. Still, we can console ourselves with the fact that we get a perverse pleasure from pointing out her many inconsistencies and get a laugh from reading all the witty comments on these threads. :D

The comments here are much more entertaining than anything LJ writes.
  • Options
    tarotangeltarotangel Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lurker here, what a load of rubbish (albeit sometimes unintentionally funny). I really should stop reading but it's a bit addictive doing the dislike thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.spectator.co.uk/essays/all/7378348/keeping-up-with-liz-jones.thtml

Tanya Gold in The Spectator on Liz, at least someone loves her :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Makes a change from the alleged rs
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She may love her - but even Tanya Gold thinks Liz is 'clearly unwell'

Says something when about the only journo to offer support to our Liz thinks she's mentally ill.

However, same author thinks Liz writes 'well' and that the Somalia piece was 'touching' so perhaps Tanya is as seperated from reality as Lizzie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://jonesblog.dailymail.co.uk/2011/11/buy-a-bag-and-save-a-childs-life.html

Roll up, roll up, you too could own Liz's handbag - complete with cosmetic surgery voucher :eek: All for a good cause aparantly.
  • Options
    Amused HarpyAmused Harpy Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    I think what annoys us most is that she takes her readers for mugs. She either thinks that people have short memories or that they're so gullible they'll believe every word she writes. Maybe if she kept a folder with all her articles in it she could refer to them, thus avoiding all her contradictions, but she just continues to churn out articles which are full of
    inconsistencies.

I don't think she researches any topic in depth. She just spouts forth whatever thought is in her mind at that particular time.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think what annoys us most is that she takes her readers for mugs. She either thinks that people have short memories or that they're so gullible they'll believe every word she writes. Maybe if she kept a folder with all her articles in it she could refer to them, thus avoiding all her contradictions, but she just continues to churn out articles which are full of
    inconsistencies.

I don't think she researches any topic in depth. She just spouts forth whatever thought is in her mind at that particular time.:rolleyes:
    Maybe Liz doesn't bother anymore because the Daily Mail seems to have dispensed with editors and proof readers altogether. The level of grammar and spelling on the site is appalling, especially given their constant denunciation of general educational standards.
  • Options
    Paula PanzerPaula Panzer Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    http://jonesblog.dailymail.co.uk/2011/11/buy-a-bag-and-save-a-childs-life.html

Roll up, roll up, you too could own Liz's handbag - complete with cosmetic surgery voucher :eek: All for a good cause aparantly.

I see that 'her' bag was 'kindly donated by Mulberry', so she hasn't actually given her own bag away. Has she?
  • Options
    Paula PanzerPaula Panzer Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Oh, and further to the last, I am really glad, given Liz's recent revelations, that she specifies that the condom in Helen Fielding's bag is unopened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see that 'her' bag was 'kindly donated by Mulberry', so she hasn't actually given her own bag away. Has she?

Yeah that is just strange I'm sure she's got 100's of bags, surely she could've given one away?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She ...thinks that people have short memories.......:

Yes - even the average goldfish would find LJ repetitive these days :D

Haven't read the Spectator article yet, but from various earlier snippets I've somehow gained the impression that Tanya is cut from the same cloth.
    Granted, she is in the earlier stages of LJ-dom:

http://blogs.pressgazette.co.uk/axegrinder/2009/06/11/will-tanya-gold-be-banned-from-her-friends-wedding/

Is there still time to stage an intervention? Is there??

Edit:

Erm...:eek:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/jul/19/familyandrelationships5
  • Options
    DeliriumTremensDeliriumTremens Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - even the average goldfish would find LJ repetitive these days :D

Haven't read the Spectator article yet, but from various earlier snippets I've somehow gained the impression that Tanya is cut from the same cloth.
    Granted, she is in the earlier stages of LJ-dom:

http://blogs.pressgazette.co.uk/axegrinder/2009/06/11/will-tanya-gold-be-banned-from-her-friends-wedding/

Is there still time to stage an intervention? Is there??

Edit:

Erm...:eek:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/jul/19/familyandrelationships5

I think its too late for her.

You don't think LJ is infectious , do you? We're not all going to be struck down down with a serious case of the lizious Jonesitis
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    SinSeer wrote: »
    Maybe Liz doesn't bother anymore because the Daily Mail seems to have dispensed with editors and proof readers altogether. The level of grammar and spelling on the site is appalling, especially given their constant denunciation of general educational standards.

That's true, the DM is the very worst for typos. Today they manage to describe Janet Brown as Peter Butterworth's 'wide' instead of wife!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ewwwwwwwwwww! I only skim read that as my eyes started to blister and I had to go and scrub myself clean with carbolic and a wire brush. I have to say that completely out-Lized Liz, very disturbing. Waaaaay, way too much information.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's true, the DM is the very worst for typos. Today they manage to describe Janet Brown as Peter Butterworth's 'wide' instead of wife!

The Freddy Starr feature is more befuddled than the man himself, nearly all the comments are about the lack of proofreading and editing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    She may love her - but even Tanya Gold thinks Liz is 'clearly unwell'

Says something when about the only journo to offer support to our Liz thinks she's mentally ill.

However, same author thinks Liz writes 'well' and that the Somalia piece was 'touching' so perhaps Tanya is as seperated from reality as Lizzie.

Tanya Gold has written for the DM in the past so could be a pal.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Food Nation

Be prepared to wet yourself laughing... also please note that Liz "I'm-a-vegan" Jones is eating goat's cheese. Last time I looked, a goat wasn't a plant.
This discussion has been closed.