Options

Pink static on tv after a week - is this repairable fault?

So we have this tv that got damaged in transit and given too us as a result. Acoustic solutions from argos i believe although i dont think its so sharnt be getting up to check. Good size lcd great for bedroom since my tellys been in the family for generations..suprised the floor hasnt caved in with the weight.

So back to the point. Front is a bit damaged but not the screen, the plastic on the side speakers has been snapped in a bit both sides, meaning it must have had quite a junt in the courier van. Everytime we try to make it bedroom replacement telly everything seems fine with it, can last a week and then theres like pink static (for want of a better explaination)....as though the scart isnt in properly (it is its the telly)...its strange that it always happens after 4 days to a week of use but was alright before hand and if left alone for a few weeks will work again - im hoping this means it will be worth fixing. I could assume somethings moving, connections are loosening/overheating then going back once cooled...but it isnt ok when u turn on the tv the next day its literally a case of not touchiing it for weeks and then youll try again adn it will be fine for a week. Obviously if i have to replace the screen its not going to be worth it cost more than the tv itself.

Does anyone know what this problem could be? If its gona be fixed itl be me that does it not sending it out so could do with a few tips on possible faults please!

Thank you guys !

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was damaged in transit then the purchaser could simply have rejected it and got a replacement. How long did they have it?

I'm afraid it's only that purchaser who has rights against Argos, and if indeed it is an Acoustic Solutions then it's probably not worth having repaired privately even if you could find someone willing to attempt it.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for offering a possible solution !

I wouldnt pay to get it replaced though i will do it myself if its not a huge fault (cost wise) or sling it if it is - dont like the idea of paying a tv person for their time when im perfectly capable haha....replacement with argos by person who its originally from is out the question, it was a return to them *they have a little tv store* after it got damaged, i think theyve already had a little compensation from the courier...

i really dont want to waste what otherwise would be a fab replacement telly spesh with mine being so old

anyone know what might be causing the pink fuzz?
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Groan.......I should remember Pink Noise. Perfectly valid kind of noise.
    But very unwanted and undesirable.

Just tried Googling it and it doesnt jog any memories.

I used to design video circuits but white noise was always the problem and ghosting and crosstalk and whatever.

Try Technical and some good bods in PVR forum.
  • Options
    John CurrieJohn Currie Posts: 2,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamanthaP wrote: »
    anyone know what might be causing the pink fuzz?

You tell us since you said...
    SamanthaP wrote: »
    im perfectly capable haha
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well smarty pants i believe it may be either the light engine or the memory in need of a reset :P

the previous may be a bit expensive and not worth while :(