JK Rowling to write new Harry Potter inspired film series

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    Karis wrote: »
    WOW. I never expected that

How exciting :D

Really? I'm surprised it's taken her this long.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has the potential to be really good, however I see that Warner Bros really are determined to keep the Harry Potter gravy train rolling for longer than anyone imagined they could.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Newt Scamander is a real historical figure within the Potter universe. Where did you get the idea that he was fictional?
    By reading the article too quickly *slaps forehead* :o

So what we have here is a quasi-prequel-ish situation. Wonder how many films they'll squeeze out of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder how many films they'll squeeze out of it.

That was my first thought too. I also wonder if they'll split any of those movies into two parts.

Warner Bros are NEVER going to let this gravy train go.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    ^ Yup. All studios need their cash cows, and Potter is far too good an earner to let go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Yup. All studios need their cash cows, and Potter is far too good an earner to let go.

You knew WB were going to invent ways to cling to the franchise when they split Deathly Hallows into two parts. Annoyingly, when they did that it set a trend for OTHER films getting split in two - like Twilight: Breaking Dawn.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The world she created is so rich she could jump in anywhere, give us any characters' story. I think a popular choice would be the Hogwarts founders, Godric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff and Salazar Slytherin. I would love a one-off book (or film) about them.

Personally I think she WILL return to Harry later on. That's why she ended the last book on a 19-years-later epilogue, because that will be how many years after Deathly Hallows she will start the new series.
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Heyman has been confirmed as returning to produce the movie. :D