Options

Michelle from The Apprentice loses baby

13»

Comments

• Options
    WheeliechickWheeliechick Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    I was just browsing, and only opened this thread to read it, but i thought it important to let you know of my movements! ;)

:cool: (I don't know why I am supposed to add this smilie, but it seems to be the done thing!)
  • Options
    lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just browsing, and only opened this thread to read it, but i thought it important to let you know of my movements! ;)

:cool: (I don't know why I am supposed to add this smilie, but it seems to be the done thing!)

What you do with your bowels is of no concern to anyone else, WC. ;):D

Oh, hold on......... :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lots2do wrote:
    What you do with your bowels is of no concern to anyone else, WC. ;):D

Oh, hold on......... :cool:

I was just keeping you informed - I thought I was supposed to do that! Do you want to know what I had for tea too? ;)

:cool: (did you see what I did there? :rolleyes: )

:cool: :rolleyes: :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just keeping you informed - I thought I was supposed to do that! Do you want to know what I had for tea too? ;)

:cool: (did you see what I did there? :rolleyes: )

:cool: :rolleyes: :cool:

No, I had my shades on... :cool: :cool: :cool: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lots2do wrote:
    No, I had my shades on... :cool: :cool: :cool: :D

Who said that? :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who said that? :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :D

PSML! :D

:cool: :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lots2do wrote:
    PSML! :D

:cool: :p

I should of made more of an effort to include some sanctimonious comments too! ;)

:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ebjeebe wrote:
    It is my belief that there is no such thing as an 'accident' when it comes to getting pregnant. Either you practice safe sex and don't get caught out or you don't care either way and do what the hell you like.

Sorry if people don't like this but that is my view on it. Anyone that claims something is an 'accident' is making excuses when they know EXACTLY what they are doing.

If you really believe full stop- that if you use contraception it will always be full proof and prevent pregnancy every time- and you are sexually active- I strongly suggest you stop having sex!
    Read the labels of condoms etc- they are not guaranteed to work every time! When will you realise this??? Yes- 99/100 times they should work. But condoms can split/slip of- this has happened to me so please do not state as fact there is no such thing as accidents when this is clearly garbage.

You clearly do not want to believe women get pregnant by accident, for whatever strange reason, but some do. Accept it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Holly,

I agree whole heartedly with you - conception isn't as straight forward as people realise!

I'm not saying that contraception should not be used - I think it should, but the user has to realise that it won't give 100% protection against pregnancy.

Even if you didn't use contraception and you had sex within the few days of the month that can lead to pregnancy, you only have a less than 25% chance of getting pregnant! The urban myth that you will get pregnant by not using any contraception is a complete misnomer!

All of this is still based on the fact that you are perfectly fertile!

Contra to all of this, you could use contraception and never fall pregnant, only to find that when you want to become pregnant, you can't because you or your partner are sub-fertile!

KS2 and 3 sex education gives you only a broad overview of contraception, sex and reproduction - it doesn't tell anyone the details!

The only way not to fall pregnant is to never have sex!

If Michelle is being criticised for having sex, then there are an awful lot of hypocrits on here (or wannabee hypocrits who can get a shag!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    If you really believe full stop- that if you use contraception it will always be full proof and prevent pregnancy every time- and you are sexually active- I strongly suggest you stop having sex!
    Read the labels of condoms etc- they are not guaranteed to work every time! When will you realise this??? Yes- 99/100 times they should work. But condoms can split/slip of- this has happened to me so please do not state as fact there is no such thing as accidents when this is clearly garbage.

You clearly do not want to believe women get pregnant by accident, for whatever strange reason, but some do. Accept it.

Hi :)

I'm not really sure what's going on here :confused::o but it looks fun, so I'll just give it a whirl :cool:

Just wanted to pop in to say - that in days gone by perhaps accidental pregnancy was more common, but now if a condom splits then there is the morning after pill which can be taken too.

I'm going again now. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MAPIll indeed can be taken- but again its wrong to reply on this- as every hour that goes by after sex and you have not taken it- its ability to work becomes slightly less and less... as does its ability to work every time a woman takes it which decreases
  • Options
    ebjeebeebjeebe Posts: 7,810
    Forum Member

Err thanks for the advice but NO, I will not stop having sex as I do in fact want a baby! :D Remember, what the act is traditionally used for? ;)

I am 27 years old and I think I understand the success rate of a condom thank you very much. I just believe that in order to prevent 'accidents' occuring why not think about combining it with a pill :eek: or maybe even take the morning after pill (as suggested above). There is also the injection - oh the choice! :rolleyes: AND best of all, it's all completly free!

There are NO excuses. As we are clearly getting personal about sex lives, do I detect someone trying to justify their own actions?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Holly,

I agree whole heartedly with you - conception isn't as straight forward as people realise!

I'm not saying that contraception should not be used - I think it should, but the user has to realise that it won't give 100% protection against pregnancy.

Even if you didn't use contraception and you had sex within the few days of the month that can lead to pregnancy, you only have a less than 25% chance of getting pregnant! The urban myth that you will get pregnant by not using any contraception is a complete misnomer!

All of this is still based on the fact that you are perfectly fertile!

Contra to all of this, you could use contraception and never fall pregnant, only to find that when you want to become pregnant, you can't because you or your partner are sub-fertile!

KS2 and 3 sex education gives you only a broad overview of contraception, sex and reproduction - it doesn't tell anyone the details!

The only way not to fall pregnant is to never have sex!

If Michelle is being criticised for having sex, then there are an awful lot of hypocrits on here (or wannabee hypocrits who can get a shag!)

Please see reply above. Cheers for the advice :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ebjeebe wrote:
    Err thanks for the advice but NO, I will not stop having sex as I do in fact want a baby! :D Remember, what the act is traditionally used for? ;)

I am 27 years old and I think I understand the success rate of a condom thank you very much. I just believe that in order to prevent 'accidents' occuring why not think about combining it with a pill :eek: or maybe even take the morning after pill (as suggested above). There is also the injection - oh the choice! :rolleyes: AND best of all, it's all completly free!

There are NO excuses. As we are clearly getting personal about sex lives, do I detect someone trying to justify their own actions?

ebjeebe wrote:
    Please see reply above. Cheers for the advice :rolleyes:

Thank you for the 'oh, so personal reply' - for the record, I have no actions to justify - I spent my time before planning a child, using contraception to avoid it, with yes, the pill and the condom. I had a near miss when a condom split and had to have the Morning-after pill, too!

Later my husband and I tried for a baby only to find that we had wasted our time on contraception as I was sub-fertile! I needed help to become pregnant instead!

I have nothing I am ashamed about, and nothing to justify! I am mearely agreeing with another poster - so maybe a smug reply insinuationg either of us have is uncalled for! I think so!
  • Options
    CoolershakerCoolershaker Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=l

:cool: :p[/QUOTE]

Any chance you could PM each other this kind of claptrap in future? :yawn:
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone is so quick to judge on here!

It had been said that Michelle was having a difficult pregnancy, which is backed up by her making the initial "hospital dash" in the first place. It's quite possible that on that visit she discovered she was pregnant, but they also established it was a difficult pregnancy and that's why she was put on "gardening leave". If so, it's not that surprising that Syed may have said something about it to the people at GMTV, in a bid to defend her in the light of people saying she was as good as sacked, when she might just be under doctor's orders to stay in bed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you for the 'oh, so personal reply' - for the record, I have no actions to justify - I spent my time before planning a child, using contraception to avoid it, with yes, the pill and the condom. I had a near miss when a condom split and had to have the Morning-after pill, too!

Later my husband and I tried for a baby only to find that we had wasted our time on contraception as I was sub-fertile! I needed help to become pregnant instead!

I have nothing I am ashamed about, and nothing to justify! I am mearely agreeing with another poster - so maybe a smug reply insinuationg either of us have is uncalled for! I think so!

My 'smug' reply was not aimed at you it was aimed at the other poster who, I felt, was being particularly personal about what I should or shouldn't do. I simply was referring you to my reply to her.

I neither know nor care whether you feel like you should or shouldn't justify your actions. You were not the person telling me to read the back of condom wrapper neither were you being condesending. My response may have sounded smug to you but it was merely in response to someone who was being equally so, for no reason other than stating my opinion. I didn't deserve her reply.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,846
    Forum Member
    :( How terribly sad. Poor Michelle!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any chance you could PM each other this kind of claptrap in future? :yawn:

Not really, I don't intend to discuss this further.
  • Options
    mashedpotatoesmashedpotatoes Posts: 4,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ebjeebe wrote:
    It is my belief that there is no such thing as an 'accident' when it comes to getting pregnant. Either you practice safe sex and don't get caught out or you don't care either way and do what the hell you like.

Sorry if people don't like this but that is my view on it. Anyone that claims something is an 'accident' is making excuses when they know EXACTLY what they are doing.

This is spot on.

There is no such thing as an accidental pregnancy in this day and age. Maybe if you are a dimbo tweenager barely able to construct a sentence, but not to someone of (apparently) Michelle's intelligence.

Before you all say, what about Syed. Indeed, what about Syed. Why should men just leave it up to the woman. There are such things as condoms