Options

I don't think the english like scottish acts winning

Comments

• Options
    Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm English and I was routing for Razy and Jai over everybody else last night... I'm gutted New Bounce (stole) a place in the final three but I'm extremely pleased for Jai and I hope he releases an album soon and it sells well I wish him the best and I for one will happily buy his album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think the english really care if the scots win these kind of competition.

I honestly think the english vs scots rivalry is just in the mind of the scots. They hate us so they assume that we must hate them back.

But we dont.

Most english people couldnt care less if a scot won. They wouldnt even think about the guys scottish nationality, it wouldnt even register on the radar.

But it seems for scots its a big big deal.

And just because thats the way the scots feel about us doesnt necessarily mean thats the way we feel about the scots.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    sad but true:D:D:D:D
    XDarkEyesX wrote: »
    I have to agree with you. There seems to be a lot of bitterness regarding tonights result.
    The English people go wild when english ppl win,

but when scottish ppl win its not that big a cheer:p

FGS - Give it a rest. He won, didn't he? What does that tell you? Most bitterness and rivalry comes from Scots like you.

I am sick of it, and the sooner you get your 'independence' the better as far as I am concerned.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I'm English and I love the fact that Jai won, I supported him all the through the final night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm English and I love the fact that Jai won, I supported him all the through the final night.

Stig you can't say that... only Scottish people are allowed to support him, that's why he won. :rolleyes::p
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I'm English and I was routing for Razy and Jai over everybody else last night.
    Stig you can't say that... only Scottish people are allowed to support him, that's why he won. :rolleyes::p

*cough cough* :rolleyes: ;):p
  • Options
    BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely. Every single one of his votes came from Scotland, don't you know?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *cough cough* :rolleyes: ;):p

Yeah that means nothing, we can't support him, it's not right because we are English and he is the enemy... ;):D
  • Options
    sylsyl Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think the english really care if the scots win these kind of competition.

I honestly think the english vs scots rivalry is just in the mind of the scots. They hate us so they assume that we must hate them back.

But we dont.

Most english people couldnt care less if a scot won. They wouldnt even think about the guys scottish nationality, it wouldnt even register on the radar.

And just because thats the way the scots feel about us doesnt necessarily mean thats the way we feel about the scots.

Unfortunately not everyone thinks like you Bumtiddleywinks, the o.p probabably started this thread as a few threads last night were saying Jai was basically rubbish and only won cause everyone in Scotland only votes for Scottish people.I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of folk were banned last night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely. Every single one of his votes came from Scotland, don't you know?

I know they did, it's so obvious only the Scottish vote helped him win nobody in England picked up the phone and voted for him despite England being 10 times larger than Scotland so his votes must have came from somewhere, but no it was only Scotland that granted him his victory... :rolleyes::D
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    syl wrote: »
    Unfortunately not everyone thinks like you Bumtiddleywinks, the o.p probabably started this thread as a few threads last night were saying Jai was basically rubbish and only won cause everyone in Scotland only votes for Scottish people.I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of folk were banned last night.

I read that thread and to be honest, it was started by one obvious troll, and was continued by lots of angry Scots. It was representative of nothing imo (not even representative of anything on this forum) - this thread as a result is over the top.
  • Options
    BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perdita_x wrote: »
    I'm English and i have no issue with it at all....I live in Scotland though, so maybe I've had my mind warped with a cunning use of Haggis and Pipe Bands!!! ;)

Me too and to add I don't know any one round here who watched it let alone voted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member

But we dont.

And yet, here are a slew of anti-Scottish threads and posts on a forum such as this. Quite pathetic.

I really couldn't care less what the English think about us, and I have plenty English family and friends, so the argument of 'all Scots have a chip on their shoulder' is ridiculous.

If this thread was filled with 'Gay-vote'/'Black-vote'/'Muslim-vote' style threads it would be rightly condemned as homophobic/racist/xenophobic, so as a Scot it offends me to see people get away with this as if it's ok. You are no worse than the people (who may well be imaginary) you are seeking to decry.
  • Options
    NiknodNiknod Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    KingThing wrote: »
    And yet, here are a slew of anti-Scottish threads and posts on a forum such as this. Quite pathetic.

I really couldn't care less what the English think about us, and I have plenty English family and friends, so the argument of 'all Scots have a chip on their shoulder' is ridiculous.

If this thread was filled with 'Gay-vote'/'Black-vote'/'Muslim-vote' style threads it would be rightly condemned as homophobic/racist/xenophobic, so as a Scot it offends me to see people get away with this as if it's ok. You are no worse than the people (who may well be imaginary) you are seeking to decry.

You have to remember that some of the posters on here may only be 13 or 14 years old and trying to cause a bit of mayhem as it's a laugh to them. I try not to get into arguments with people on here for that reason...

But it is true, English people in the main do not hate the Scots at all, as a northerner, our main hatred is always towards the "southern softies" but it's all just a bit of light hearted banter. I have never heard any English person show any hatred towards the Scots and as a naive twenty two year old I was shocked when I got a job on a Scottish gas platform to find the way the Scots felt towards the English, truly shocked. Trust me its not mutual.

I voted for Jai because he was in my opinion the best on the evening, the act who blew me away. His voice is so powerful and note perfect. He won because he desreved it, because he was best on the night, and the BRITISH public voted in their masses, whether from Truro or Thurso...
  • Options
    kazzieconkazziecon Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Rose Budd wrote: »
    It's weird seeing all these strange anti Scottish threads.

The best person won on the night.

Hear Hear!! :)
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm English and I'm happy that Jai won especially as I had money on him
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    English here and i voted for Jai to win as for me he was the best one there,really pleased he won but i'm hacked off at the bitterness that oozed from the judges and co on BGMT because their favourite didn't win!
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Rose Budd wrote: »
    It's weird seeing all these strange anti Scottish threads.

The best person won on the night.

:confused: Excuse me! This thread was started by someone who was having a dig at the English, swiftly followed with other posts with the usual whining of how the 'English are Anti Scots,' brigade. Maybe some are, maybe some are just sick to death of their constant moaning, ..... but, I think you will find that more Scots are far more Anti English and very bitter with it
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    Yes, the hurt is strong in quite a few tonight.
    There's almost always sour grapes with English people when there's a brilliant Scottish winner in a talent show and they say "it was the Scottish Vote" that did it, forgetting that maybe a lot of English or Welsh may also have liked the person and voted for them.... but what they should be aware of is that there are ten times the number of English people in the UK compared to the number of Scots, so that theory is impossible unless less than 10% of the English people vote!!! :D
  • Options
    sylsyl Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    :confused: Excuse me! This thread was started by someone who was having a dig at the English, swiftly followed with other posts with the usual whining of how the 'English are Anti Scots,' brigade. Maybe some are, maybe some are just sick to death of their constant moaning, ..... but, I think you will find that more Scots are far more Anti English and very bitter with it

It was started by someone having a dig at all the anti scots threads started last night.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As an Englishman who has been living in Fife for the last few years - it still shocks me how much hatred there is towards my country of birth. I'm often told "you're alright - considering you're English". As if that's some kind of compliment!?
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah ... if you're slightly bigoted, which I, and many others, are not :)
  • Options
    puddytatpuddytat Posts: 6,351
    Forum Member
    Perdita_x wrote: »
    I'm English and i have no issue with it at all....I live in Scotland though, so maybe I've had my mind warped with a cunning use of Haggis and Pipe Bands!!! ;)

Could have been the Irn Bru, our other secret weapon ...:cool:
  • Options
    puddytatpuddytat Posts: 6,351
    Forum Member
    browncoat wrote: »
    As an Englishman who has been living in Fife for the last few years - it still shocks me how much hatred there is towards my country of birth. I'm often told "you're alright - considering you're English". As if that's some kind of compliment!?

Believe me it is. You've been accepted, be glad.
  • Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i think a lot of english must've voted for jai last night because the scots alone wouldnt have been enough to keep him in - esp bearing in mind how tight they are at parting with their money.