Options

Your main TV?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    32 inch Panasonic 1366 x 768 in the main room, used for Freeview and DVDs, and a 19 inch Hanns-G 5:4 1280 x 1024 monitor with my PC.

That's it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't remember if its a 28 inch or 32 😳
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daedroth wrote: »
    In that case, I concede. :p

I'd be doing a smug-jig right now were I not suffering from eye strain from having to sit so close to my darn small tv. :( ..... :D
  • Options
    Tavis75Tavis75 Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Panasonic PTAE-4000 projector, giving 92" in 1080p, haven't had a "normal" TV for over ten years, though did get a 32" LED TV for the bedroom over Christmas.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a 24" flat-screen TV until about two years ago when a visiting friend's Jack Terrier dog somehow knocked it over, leaving a long dent across its screen. I didn't bother to get another. Too lazy, I suppose. :D

My dad once bought a ridiculously huge widescreen projection television during the late 1980s. It was ugly and shite. Flickering, shadowy. I think there was an outline of the curved rear screen in the background? It'd completely turned me off extremely large televisions. Television technology is obviously much better now, but still no thanks.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I use an 80 cm TV as my desktop PC monitor.
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea.

Clearly I decided upon a size when we bought it a couple of years ago but then I promptly forgot this piece of information because it really didn't seem that important nor is it a figure I have need to use every day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    32". Can't justify the expense of buying something bigger while it works fine
  • Options
    tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Main one is a 42" but I usually end up sitting in the kitchen watching a teeny 17". Haven't a clue what size the bedroom ones are but they're big enough to see and that will do.
  • Options
    Mr CynicMr Cynic Posts: 5,435
    Forum Member
    sweh wrote: »
    75" Samsung 3D, she's my baby <3

Sex will be jealous. ;)
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    27 inch
  • Options
    ffawkesffawkes Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    I have no idea.

Clearly I decided upon a size when we bought it a couple of years ago but then I promptly forgot this piece of information because it really didn't seem that important nor is it a figure I have need to use every day.

Only becomes important when you have a really big screen and cqn get to boast about it
  • Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    All I can tell you is that it's oblong with black trim.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I can tell you is that it's oblong with black trim.
    ^but what's your tv like ?! :D
  • Options
    callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in the bedroom, we've got a 19" Tesco own brand :o

In the main room we've got a Samsung 27" or it may be 29" I'm not sure. The one thing I am sure about is that we'll need a new one soonish, cos it's got odd streaks running down it almost like something has been spilled on it and run down the screen, yet it's actually on the screen itself, if you see what I mean. :o
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    67 inch, mounted on wall

Can I come round & watch the football please, I will bring munchies, beer & a screwdriver. :D

My main TV is a 40" Toshiba LCD & have a 32" LED Samsung in the bedroom.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Aw thank you all for your kind help and advise. :):)
  • Options
    MillysMommaMillysMomma Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    55" Samsung Plasma main TV
    47" LG bedroom
    42" LG Daughters' bedroom
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    It's a 37"
  • Options
    ML11ML11 Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't the point in having an excessive large screen TV over 42" in a typical home and as for having a TV in your bedroom, no wonder people suffer from insomnia and depression:sleep:
  • Options
    Tavis75Tavis75 Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ML11 wrote: »
    I can't the point in having an excessive large screen TV over 42" in a typical home

Because it's bigger!

Therefore, comes closer to filling your field of vision and becomes more immersive, rather than watching a tiny little box in the corner.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seldom watch TV anymore, waste of time.
  • Options
    SsddSsdd Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    50" LG full HD 3D smart plasma. Was quite cheap too for what it is. Super slim and wall mounted. love it! Husband wanted it but I have taken over it. Love having the internet and lovefilm on it. I need to find out how to ge an American netflix account then I'll be happy!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    GetFrodo wrote: »
    And so you should. Go and sit in the corner and think about what a bad person you are.

Your TV is barely bigger than the upcoming generation of mobile phones :p

I really need to post a pic of my TV... it's 18 inch, I bought it in 1999, it's been through three moves, it's got a great picture and I wouldn't swap it for any of these hi-tech jobs. Even though, with all these widescreen programmes, sometimes I don't get the complete picture.... :p
  • Options
    JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    32" anything bigger would be too big for the house.