Options

So many interacial relationships on Corrie.

2»

Comments

• Options
    red_amberred_amber Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you should build yourself a time machine and set it for circa 1939, Germany.

Good lord. Don't come to London or any other major city cos you'll get the shock of your life.

The soaps are just reflecting real life and that's no bad thing!
  • Options
    Daniel_GleeballDaniel_Gleeball Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    :confused: Are you serious? I haven't noticed any adverts being "PC" or as you say "pushing an agenda". If there has been I have noticed then again it doesn't stand out for me as I'm used to living around lots of people of different races.

'as you say':confused: actually I never said that. Maybe you should rephrase it 'as they would say' other as 'they say' that way there would not be a danger You can be construed as putting words in my mouth.
    Going by the vibe of your post I get the feeling that if I name the adverts in question you would consider me a narrow minded biggot for noticing. Should I fail to do so you would consider me a biggot who can't back his point up with evidence.
  • Options
    CheriCheri Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'as you say':confused: actually I neve said that. Maybe you should rephrase it 'as they would say' other as 'they say' that way there would not be a danger You can be construed as putting words in my mouth.
    Going by the vibe of your post I get the feeling that if I name the adverts in question you would consider me a narrow minded biggot for noticing. Should I fail to do so you would consider me a biggot who can't back his point up with evidence.

I would love to see these adverts that are hurting your feelings so much.

Maybe I can photoshop some white faces in for you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheri wrote: »
    I would love to see these adverts that are hurting your feelings so much.

Maybe I can photoshop some white faces in for you?

I'm afraid that you jump to conclusions to quickly to be taken seriously.
    I merely made an observation. You have also resorted to making petulant comments without getting your facts straight.
    What is my racial back ground? You don't know you are just making assumptions.
    Nothing surprises me any more. Let me guess you think Balotelli should go on a self tolerance course after his remarks about super mario?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid that you jump to conclusions to quickly to be taken seriously.
    I merely made an observation. You have also resorted to making petulant comments without getting your facts straight.
    What is my racial back ground? You don't know you are just making assumptions.
    Nothing surprises me any more. Let me guess you think Balotelli should go on a self tolerance course after his remarks about super mario?

No I just think you're hilarious and you should really get over the fact that there are interacial couples in adverts lmfao.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheri wrote: »
    No I just think you're hilarious and you should really get over the fact that there are interacial couples in adverts lmfao.

I think you are the one that's being hilarious unintentionally. You've put words in my mouth. You have made childish petulant insults. You have made assumptions. Not once have I passed judgement on there being some adverts that have mixed couples in them, yet you have jumped down my throat claiming I am upset by them. I am not upset in the slightest at the fact.
    You do realise that when you make comments about someone and you can't back it up with evidence that's it's called slander dont you?

Respect and tolerance is what this forum supposed to be about. I don't know how putting words into Peoples mouths and resorting to childish petulant Insults comes under that I really don't.
    I don't think I can be bothered to respond to you further. You won't listen to reason. I get the feeling you are someone who is always right in their mind, and never lose an argument.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AuntieSoap wrote: »
    Do people even notice?

People do seem to be taking a lot of notice of it, strangely enough, yes :confused:

Can't say I've ever either thought about it, or even noticed it enough, to be bothered about it either, tbh :confused:
  • Options
    Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    Don't watch it
    But I can say soaps will always try to pair people up as it's what viewers want
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    M_Taylor wrote: »
    Corrie's politically correct storylines have gone too far. The occasional mixed race relationship would mirror society, but currently we have so many inter racial relationships, its ridiculous.

Alya and Garry
    Kal and Leanne
    Dev and Julie
    Luke and Maria
    Tony and Liz / Tracy
    Lloyd and Andrea
    Jason and Eva
    Steph and Callum (flirting)
    And even background characters in the Rovers when Gary was talking to Owen

Now there might be some who think it is racist even to notice this, maybe so, but to me it just smacks of writers being unnecessarily politically correct to the point where it becomes annoying.
    And of course, they never entertain the idea that any white characters might say anything remotely critical, but conversley an asian character Kal can be completely racist about Garry and nobody says a word.

That does sound a lot of interracial relationships for just one street. Not sure if they're doing it for the sake of it, or purely because those characters fit each other better etc.

It's definitely not racist to notice something like that. I'm sure that when Kim (in EE) comes back, the norm would be for her to have a black boyfriend/husband, not a white one, so it's the same vice versa.

They probably let Kal say what he wants, as they can defend what the character says by blaming it on his religión....
  • Options
    Marvellous1Marvellous1 Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kal/Khalid is definitely a hypocrite on this score as well as being racist at worst. There isn't anything you could say about Gary that you couldn't say about Leanne alluding to their past. Neither's present prospects are huge either. Kal's objection is being tempered by script but it IS relfective of real life and I think it's cool that this is b3ing highlighted in the not-so-predictable way (white on minority discrimination). As for the original topic, I'm in a mixed relationship and think nothing of it. Never thought there should be quotas on TV. LOL
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #StormFront

#Overreachingjokenottobetakenseriously

#Noseriouslyitsajokeimnotcallinganyoneracist

#Makinguphashtagscozimboredatwork
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kal/Khalid is definitely a hypocrite on this score as well as being racist at worst. There isn't anything you could say about Gary that you couldn't say about Leanne alluding to their past. Neither's present prospects are huge either. Kal's objection is being tempered by script but it IS relfective of real life and I think it's cool that this is b3ing highlighted in the not-so-predictable way (white on minority discrimination). As for the original topic, I'm in a mixed relationship and think nothing of it. Never thought there should be quotas on TV. LOL

Gary is an abusive pig y'all. Like someone else said in a different thread he paid Tina to have a kid then tried to get with her, became a psychoass (didn't he try and lock Izzy up at one point?), left Izzy to get at his friends Daughter. Like No, Gary. Go Away Gary.
This discussion has been closed.