The Australian Entry...

Just listened to this now and really love it. I think it really has a big chance of winning it. Does anyone else agree?

If it does no doubt they'll be accused of winning due to the novelty factor. :D

Comments

• brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Australia is my 12 points :)
  • bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I like the song a lot.....but I think it's true to say that they are likely to pick up a few votes due to being the novelty new entrant. Italy did incredibly well the 1st year they came back, and I think that was in part to their return. I don't actually think Australia will win, but then I firmly think sweden are going to win by a mile, but I imagine they will be in the top 6.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    its definitely a top 5 placing for Australia
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like it but I think it is too "American" sounding to win.....I think a top 8 placing is on the cards though.
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a high placing is likely, but I think Sweden has this year's contest in the bag.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I think a high placing is likely, but I think Sweden has this year's contest in the bag.

I normally like the Swedish entry but that one isn't doing it for me. :(

Saying that, I think they still may win it though.
  • Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But without the gnomes, who knows?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edwin Okli wrote: »
    But without the gnomes, who knows?

Without the gnomes? Surely Sweden are keeping the same performance for the contest? I totally agree it will based as much on the performance as the song - it's very like Alexander Rybak in that respect.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without the gnomes? Surely Sweden are keeping the same performance for the contest? I totally agree it will based as much on the performance as the song - it's very like Alexander Rybak in that respect.

They are gone now :( to be replaced by something else but I think the whole performance will be the same
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,371
    Forum Member
    Love the Australian entry, it's on repeat in our house as it's Mr Checks' favourite :)

I would actually love to see Australia win (I agree that Sweden are the most likely to win but not absolutely sure they have it in the bag like 2012). I'd be surprised if they don't get a top 5 placing personally.
  • EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's very 'Uptown Funk' - catchy. It's one of my favourites, but personally I still don't like the way SBS managed it. They knew they'd be participating for almost a year, yet decided to pen a 'dowhachyawhacyawant' song at last minute. That said, I still like it. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet Australias last minute song still stands head and shoulders above our own haha.
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,371
    Forum Member
    Yet Australias last minute song still stands head and shoulders above our own haha.

Doesn't it just :D
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And no one posts a link >:( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7MwzRBEY_M
  • Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes. It's quite possible that the right person could knock out a Eurovision winner in two days. Pity that person hasn't entered a song for us.
    Forum Member
    Gutted! Just found out if they do win then they won't host it. I would have loved them to do that. It would have been fun :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    plymgary wrote: »
    Gutted! Just found out if they do win then they won't host it. I would have loved them to do that. It would have been fun :)

It would have been at 5 am in the morning over there.
    Forum Member
    It would have been at 5 am in the morning over there.

Even better. Eurovision in the daylight...would have been weird! ;)
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    plymgary wrote: »
    Even better. Eurovision in the daylight...would have been weird! ;)

and only about 12 countries attending due to high costs
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    and only about 12 countries attending due to high costs

Nah, I doubt that would have been the case. They would have probably just got a lot of Australian crew on board. Still, doesn't really matter as it won't happen!
  • gdrx78gdrx78 Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    EuroFoxi wrote: »
    It's very 'Uptown Funk' - catchy. It's one of my favourites, but personally I still don't like the way SBS managed it. They knew they'd be participating for almost a year, yet decided to pen a 'dowhachyawhacyawant' song at last minute. That said, I still like it. :)

AFAIK-they only found out they were allowed an entry a short while before it was announced.

Think its a cracking song-and i'm not normally a fan of Guy.

My 2nd place behind Slovenia (but it's very narrow between them!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gdrx78 wrote: »
    AFAIK-they only found out they were allowed an entry a short while before it was announced.

Think its a cracking song-and i'm not normally a fan of Guy.

My 2nd place behind Slovenia (but it's very narrow between them!)

Oh, right! :D I assumed that because on the launch, Julia was backstage talking to Conchita at ESC 2014 and she was wishing Australia good luck, so they obviously had some sort of idea that it might happen, even if the green light was only given a few days before the announcement. That's what I thought anyway, could be totally wrong. :p
  • Shar_dsShar_ds Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Conchita wish was for Jessica Mauboy, but they did a cunning reuse :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shar_ds wrote: »
    That Conchita wish was for Jessica Mauboy, but they did a cunning reuse :-)

The sneaky things! :D Thanks for clearing that up.

It could be worse, could have brought Jess back singing 'Lake of Flags' and if she won well, could "pull a Valentina" and bring her back with 'Loch of Flags' and have a few bagpipes on with her.

Jokes aside, anyway, I would rather AUS won than Sweden or Russia. :p
  • dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion Australia has no chance with that song, they'll pick up a few points because it's Australia and the novelty factor but no more than that.

I'll be surprised if they make the top 5 and not so much if they fail to make the top 10...