lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
Forum Member
✭✭
When is it on again

Comments

• jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am hoping that they are'nt. Another cruel act that should be banned.
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh, give it a rest. You're starting to sound like Mary Whitehouse.
  • hellomoto977hellomoto977 Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Either tomorrow or Friday since the acts tonight have already been announced.
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it's tomorrow as I will miss Friday's
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes indeed, and the ventriloquist was pretty awful too.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lewismacf wrote: »
    When is it on again

You mean the dog with the false chin that LOOKED like it talked.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest this act made me mildly uncomfortable. I enjoyed the American guy with the same act but the owner of the dog here just gives me a slightly creepy vibe and the dog is from what I saw not really all that keen on the act herself. (Whereas the American dog was like whatever dude.)
  • kandinskikandinski Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just feels so wrong,its like you can enjoy the act but are left with a weird feeling.I mean what goes through the dogs mind seeing hundreds of people making loud strange hollering noises?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes indeed, and the ventriloquist was pretty awful too.

I disagree completely. Marc is one of the best ventriloquists the show has ever seen and I would pay to watch a two hour show of him and his dog.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kandinski wrote: »
    It just feels so wrong,its like you can enjoy the act but are left with a weird feeling.I mean what goes through the dogs mind seeing hundreds of people making loud strange hollering noises?

I'm sure the dog enjoys it, otherwise he wouldn't do it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i hope that he gets four buzzers for a truly awful act.
  • Winchester LadyWinchester Lady Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jeref...me, too. Any animal acts digust me but this one particularly.
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the one with 'I don't want to go in the cannon'?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The talking dog is on tonight i know where a few of my free votes are going
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i really hope that he does not reach the final this evening. The worst act of all.
  • BBDefenderBBDefender Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Hope he gets booed off the stage to be frank. I loved callie the wonderdog and Jules + Mattise but the close mask on this dog is clearly a bit uncomfortable for him. Pisses me off they even put him on the semi finals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the dog was unhappy she wouldn't do the act she was enjoying it the only problem is that mark will need to work on his ventriloquism
  • MilkshakeManMilkshakeMan Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    For the people saying that the dog obviously wouldn't perform if she didn't enjoy it; are you forgetting that some animals are trained with strict disipline not to move and to obey every command, of course the dog can still perform even if she doesn't want to.

Think of all the Dancing Bears, and circus animals that are forced to perform under harsh conditions (do you think they want to perfom?). Now, I am obviously not saying that this man has gone to the extent of physical abuse (that's very unlikely), but a lot of people impose more legal animal disipline simply by raising their voice, expressing hostility towards the animal, etc.

I'm not berating the act, I'm just saying that just because the dog performs, it doesn't mean she doesn't mind it. Treats can also serve as an incentive, but are sometimes just used to the bare minimum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the people saying that the dog obviously wouldn't perform if she didn't enjoy it; are you forgetting that some animals are trained with strict disipline not to move and to obey every command, of course the dog can still perform even if she doesn't want to.

Think of all the Dancing Bears, and circus animals that are forced to perform under harsh conditions (do you think they want to perfom?). Now, I am obviously not saying that this man has gone to the extent of physical abuse (that's very unlikely), but a lot of people impose more legal animal disipline simply by raising their voice, expressing hostility towards the animal, etc.

I'm not berating the act, I'm just saying that just because the dog performs, it doesn't mean she doesn't mind it. Treats can also serve as an incentive, but are sometimes just used to the bare minimum.

The dog seemed happy to me and it is clear it wanted to do it. Anyone who complains is just doing it because they want to find something to complain about.
  • sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt like the act tbh.
    As for saying the dog wouldnt do it if it did not want to, is ridiculous, whats it going to do "say sod off I am not doing that"
    Its made/trained to,
    I will give tonight show a miss.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree completely. Marc is one of the best ventriloquists the show has ever seen and I would pay to watch a two hour show of him and his dog.

May I make an appointment for you at SpecSavers?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jeref...me, too. Any animal acts digust me but this one particularly.

I have to agree with you tbh.

There are dog acts, there are bad dog acts and there are truly awful dog acts. This one sets a new level - absolutely awful dog act.

But, above all,no good dog acts!
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The dog seemed happy to me and it is clear it wanted to do it. Anyone who complains is just doing it because they want to find something to complain about.

I agree. The dog would not sit there quietly if it were not happy. It would be unsettled and would not have bright twinkling eyes. It is clearly a very well cared for dog and ITV have a very good track record in vetting contestants and especially animal acts. They are advised by world class experts.

I don't understand the British thing about complaining about anything that involves animals, especially in entertainment. I find a lot of women especially are squeamish about animals and unreasonable about what is right or safe and it's not based on any expertise but on emotion. Dogs are pack animals and - generalising obviously - enjoy doing things with humans taking the lead over them. They like acting and playing and they like pleasing people. Health and safety can be taken too far with children, such as preventing them climbing trees or playing rugby or going skiing, and it's the same attitude from the same sorts of people with animals.

Animals go to work in lots of ways and work hard, like humans. Horses are the most obvious example, but many dogs work on farms and for the police in airports and at crime scenes. I think wearing a mask and sitting there quietly is a lot more fun than being flown with the army to Afghanistan to sniff out bombs that regularly go off and blow your legs off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May I make an appointment for you at SpecSavers?

No thank you. Specsavers are literally the worst optician's my family have ever had the displeasure of visiting.