Daybreak, First Day in, Improvement?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In my opinion, i think its a million times better than GMTV.

The branding, the presenters, (although i do miss ben shepherd), the design of the studio, the view across London which they use at the end of shots to put daybreak over..

I just think it's a much more.. 'grown-up' production. AND they have a proper stage (the weather screen bit) I think that's clever, they can use it for multi purposes.

Anyway, I like it, what about you?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like Alexandra Burke was in a hurry this morning. She's forgotten to put any clothes on. she's still in her underwear. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AHH WOW, THE WINDOWS TINT WHEN SOMEONES PERFORMING! haha:)
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Just turned on Daybreak and I cannot see any great improvement. Christine and Adrian look a bit uncomfortable and Christine's smile looks forced°°!!! They looked a lot happier on The One Show. I hope Christine is taking note of the stories of Wayne and Coleen, John and Toni Terry etc if she wants to be a WAG and marry Frank!!! I always thought there was a spark between her and Adrian and was disappointed to see her go for a footballer!!! Now we know there is no relationship between them, it is not so interesting!!!!.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Aeryn wrote: »
    It looks like Alexandra Burke was in a hurry this morning. She's forgotten to put any clothes on. she's still in her underwear. :confused:

She's put her dressing gown on now! She's also brought her handbag dog in with her. :rolleyes:
  • Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    It's very good, Only thing I noticed is, when its dark (early atm but it'll be all the time in the winter) you can see the reflection of the crew wandering around in the glass.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james-dean wrote: »
    I just think it's a much more.. 'grown-up' production.
    Funnily enough most of the comments I read who like the programme said that they liked it's younger look.
    It's very good, Only thing I noticed is, when its dark (early atm but it'll be all the time in the winter) you can see the reflection of the crew wandering around in the glass.
    I noticed this yesterday on their first news bulletin, you could also see in the reflection the sports guy making notes or reading his laptop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's good. Give it some time to settle and I'm sure it'll get better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MediaFM wrote: »

I agree! It's only been on for two days so the fact that there are a few kinks that need to be smoothed out should be expected. I imagine Adrian and Christine and the rest of the presenters will settle into the show soon enough.

Some people are being far too harsh with their feedback considering it's stlll so early on in the whole thing.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It seemed to be a case of "what was she not wearing??!"

The crew were probably quite pleased though.....and Adrian, perhaps.
  • 44444444 Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    It seemed to be a case of "what was she not wearing??!"

The crew were probably quite pleased though.....and Adrian, perhaps.

That's a real, old-fashioned pop song, isn't it? It could have leapt out of the Boney M songbook! :D
  • stairwaystairway Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daybreak, First Day in, Improvement?

The One Show - 13 hours earlier
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4444 wrote: »
    That's a real, old-fashioned pop song, isn't it? It could have leapt out of the Boney M songbook! :D

I heard this song a while ago online and you're quite right, it does remind me of Boney M. "Hooray, Hooray, It's a holi-holiday" in particular.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am still not so keen on it...it does seem more 'grown up' looks wise than GMTV but it just makes me wish they would bring back the big breakfast as a fun alternative now!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    myss wrote: »
    Funnily enough most of the comments I read who like the programme said that they liked it's younger look.

I noticed this yesterday on their first news bulletin, you could also see in the reflection the sports guy making notes or reading his laptop.
    I noticed that. Still don't know if it is done on purpose (to show the cast & crew working away) or just a cockup that they now have to live with.

Here are a couple of my comments about the tiny bits i've seen of the show
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I watched the first 15 mins this morning and wasn't impressed at all. I can't see what more they could give to make it different or better than BBC Breakfast.

The team are all competent (well, I say all) but I did think that the news was a little too fast and the girl was doing her 60sec news routine. Christine and the sports & weather were fine. But what else would you expect?

The worst part though would be suffering through 2 and a half hours of Chiles slumped forward trying to read the autocue!

degsyhufc wrote: »
    Like Jack Whitehall said on Would I Lie To You. (paraphrased)

You can't tell a lie Christine. I've seen your face when you laugh at Adrian Chiles' jokes ;)

I turned it on for about 5 minutes this morning and caught the local news. It was shockingly bad. But the whole thing seems rushed. The presenters are squeezed together and every item on the show is rushed. I only caught the very beginning of the show on Monday but yesterday I caught it futher in and now totally understand The One Show comparisons. It is a basic ripoff!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Jack Whitehall quote is no funnier second time round, you realise? :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted, for pacing.
  • yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ".... Adrian Chiles and Christine Bleakley's new breakfast show Daybreak averaged 980k (24.2%) for ITV1 between 6am and 8.30am.

The programme was up only 88k on Friday's final edition of GMTV and was well behind BBC Breakfast, which brought in 1.4m (32.4%) on BBC One between 6am and 9.15am. " (as reported on digitalspy)

This must be a big blow to itv execs, surely it should have beat BBC Breakfast on its first day? also if all the ex GMTV viewers who are saying they dislike the new show stop watching, itv could find themselves with an expensive flop, with even lower viewing figures than GMTV
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it shot in a Premier Inn?
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Travelodge.;) I saw a few minutes on YT and was underwhelmed. Why does the crew have to laugh at nearly everything Adrian says?:confused: Funny material would be a start.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes it has to get better...Think of all the big bucks those two are getting ITV have played a blinder!
  • Joey DeaconJoey Deacon Posts: 3,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with you.

I think it is a big improvement on GMTV.

I like Daybreak.
  • yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it shot in a Premier Inn?

The sofas just come from a Premier Inn and hotel staff will take turns in filling in for Adrian and Christine. Kate Garraway has taken a part time job waiting tables at a pub attached to a Premier Inn:D;):rolleyes:
  • Crooks AwareCrooks Aware Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    The only thing that can save Daybreak now is a rat named Roland.

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Day Two and a report on the TV Choice Awards, a piece about Kylie's latest single and two slots featuring Alexandra Burke. Hmmm. :cool:
  • marks thespotmarks thespot Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

...and that bit was supposed to be aimed at schoolkids!