Options

Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dm was sweaty in One The Edge, when he walked to Joan's house. That was yummy :p

But I also think he has some sort of exercise equipment, he must have. Being a cardiovascular surgeon he most know the importance of a healthy heart. Plus he does seem to have good cardio from the running around the village he does. Penhale also have good cardio. I remember that scene from S5 when he runs across the beach, up all the stairs and Bert's to ask him to be horrible to Maggie (which was hilarious!).

Yes, and when I saw Penhale do that run, I wondered how many times he had to repeat it in order to satisfy the director that he had the right shots! It was very impressive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found the address of the group in Sydney that built "Doc Martin's Village" and sent them a cheery message. They replied:

"Dear Robert,
    How nice of you to take the time to send us such a cheerful note. We all love the Doc Martin series and had great fun doing the model. The biggest challenge was covering up the joins as it was too big to transport. It's in 1/48 scale (that's O gauge for you railroad types) . We don't know what to do with it now. As you rightly guessed it was a labour of love but none of us love it enough to keep it in one piece.

Thanks again for your compliments!

Regards,
    N. O.

= = A link to the photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/gramarye/page4/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blue-Eyes wrote: »
    Did Louisa's blue skirt have white fishes on it ?

Alas, no...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    robspace54 wrote: »
    I found the address of the group in Sydney that built "Doc Martin's Village" and sent them a cheery message. They replied:

"Dear Robert,
    How nice of you to take the time to send us such a cheerful note. We all love the Doc Martin series and had great fun doing the model. The biggest challenge was covering up the joins as it was too big to transport. It's in 1/48 scale (that's O gauge for you railroad types) . We don't know what to do with it now. As you rightly guessed it was a labour of love but none of us love it enough to keep it in one piece.

Thanks again for your compliments!

Regards,
    N. O.

= = A link to the photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/gramarye/page4/

Oh my gosh, I wish we knew how to direct them to BP or to some kind of museum or business in Port Isaac that might want to have it.
  • Options
    mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dm was sweaty in One The Edge, when he walked to Joan's house. That was yummy :p

But I also think he has some sort of exercise equipment, he must have. Being a cardiovascular surgeon he most know the importance of a healthy heart. Plus he does seem to have good cardio from the running around the village he does. Penhale also have good cardio. I remember that scene from S5 when he runs across the beach, up all the stairs and Bert's to ask him to be horrible to Maggie (which was hilarious!).

Just to restate what I once clarified, DM is not a cardiovascular surgeon, per se. He is a vascular surgeon and general surgeon, but he did not do surgery on the heart. He focused on peripheral arteries and veins, and then added in general surgery such as removing spleens and such.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, I wish we knew how to direct them to BP or to some kind of museum or business in Port Isaac that might want to have it.

If someone would send to me by private message the Buffalo Pictures contact info, I will send it off to them and make a hint!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dmptrader wrote: »
    This is a video I found that was posted today or yesterday. It said 14 Iced Bears singing "Here Comes The Sun" impromptu last Sat with singer Rob, Caroline Catz, Barry Tapestry and 2 others. Looks to be in a small pub. Look at CC's dress under the cute jacket, does it look familiar? The video is rough probably taken with a camera, but thought some might be interested.

http://t.co/U238fAMhVg

Here's a couple of other videos of Caroline singing. They are older ones that were posted some time ago, but might still be of interest:

Sometimes Always
    Just Like Honey

This Nick Cave video features Caroline, her husband and the annoying neighbour from Series 3.

If you are offended by 70s moustaches, pole dancing, toupees or Peaches Geldof, you can skip to 3:46 to see CC.

More News from Nowhere

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Hod wrote: »
    Here's a couple of other videos of Caroline singing. They are older ones that were posted some time ago, but might still be of interest:

Sometimes Always
    Just Like Honey

This Nick Cave video features Caroline, her husband and the annoying neighbour from Series 3.

If you are offended by 70s moustaches, pole dancing, toupees or Peaches Geldof, you can skip to 3:46 to see CC.

More News from Nowhere

:)

Thanks, Hod, I love this stuff. Seems CC has had a diverse career. I've seen also a couple of shorts on you tube "Conversations with my wife" and "Postcard from Brighton" interesting
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Hello everyone. I found some more pictures on facebook. This time with Bert and DM. It seems DM doesn't want to talk to Bert (as usual) and he walks off in the opposite direction from the surgery with a chemist bag. Not sure what the beef is here. My first thought was Bert was asking DM to talk to Louisa about the review, but that seems unlikely.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151698836317289&set=pcb.10151698840737289&type=1&theater
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Hello everyone. I found some more pictures on facebook. This time with Bert and DM. It seems DM doesn't want to talk to Bert (as usual) and he walks off in the opposite direction from the surgery with a chemist bag. Not sure what the beef is here. My first thought was Bert was asking DM to talk to Louisa about the review, but that seems unlikely.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151698836317289&set=pcb.10151698840737289&type=1&theater

Nice. I wonder if they were rehearsing since MC has the coat on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Almost over!!!
    Watch this episode this weekend and we'll discuss it next week.

s5 e5
    Cats and Sharks
    Writer: Richard Stoneman
    Director: Paul Seed

Bert Large's restaurant business is in financial trouble. He can't even afford the food and drink for a charity event to raise money for Florence Dingle's cat sanctuary. Mrs Dingle is distraught. She desperately needs the money to continue to look after the cats and kittens in her care. Bert is also being chased by loan sharks Alastair Tonken and his son Norman for the repayment of £1,000 they gave him to clear his debts, warning of repercussions if he doesn't pay up. Mrs Tishell's infatuation for Martin increases, encouraged by his continued separation from Louisa. Martin, assisted by Morwenna, performs an emergency hernia operation on Louisa's mother Eleanor and saves her life when the ambulance's arrival is delayed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not that most of us need a photo to remind us of what MC looked like before his recent weight loss, but, just in case, I uploaded "Old Doc" and "New Doc" to my Flickr photostream. In case you click past those two pix, I originally created this site (with help from friends here) in order to upload pix of the DM suit MC donated for baby Alfie's operation. It was not the Doc's usual suit and y'all were trying to help me find which episode it appeared in - so I took these photos. I think we came to the conclusion MC wore it when he played his own dad in his dream in S5.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77001171@N08/page1/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    Almost over!!!
    Watch this episode this weekend and we'll discuss it next week.

s5 e5
    Cats and Sharks
    Writer: Richard Stoneman
    Director: Paul Seed

This is a different director so while you are watching see if you can pick up on things he does differently to Ben Bolt.

Do you think the title is a play on "fighting like cats and dogs" in reference to LG and MC or is that too much of a stretch.

Bit boring if it is only referring to the cats the cat lady is trying to save and the loan shark Bert is trying to a avoid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that most of us need a photo to remind us of what MC looked like before his recent weight loss, but, just in case, I uploaded "Old Doc" and "New Doc" to my Flickr photostream. In case you click past those two pix, I originally created this site (with help from friends here) in order to upload pix of the DM suit MC donated for baby Alfie's operation. It was not the Doc's usual suit and y'all were trying to help me find which episode it appeared in - so I took these photos. I think we came to the conclusion MC wore it when he played his own dad in his dream in S5.

Stateside fan, you've done a great job of uploading the photos and the old doc looks lovely but the new doc :eek::eek::eek:

Has anyone got a flattering photo of the new doc???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    Has anyone got a flattering photo of the new doc???

I doubt there can be one.
    MC has a rather large nose, ears and full lips with a great mouth. In a full face, it is all in the right proportion. As skinny as he is now, the ears stick out even more, the nose dominates the face and the lips are take over the lower part of the face. It just doesn't fit anymore.
  • Options
    NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh, my. But, I have to believe that he is proud of his weight loss and improved physical condition in general, as he should be. It takes a while for weight to reshift around after you've lost that much; eventually his face will fill in a little I think.

I've just realized what the "after" picture reminds me of -- a very old friend who is a retired Episcopal priest. He not only looks like him but has the same smile as Art has now on his FB picture. No wonder it looks so odd to me.
  • Options
    Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good find leanne. This maybe confirms what I was thinking when I saw the pic a few days ago with Martin wearing this coat. I think this is ME wearing the heavy coat, not MC. When we see MC hanging around between shots he never wears a coat even though CC often has her heavy coat on. In these shots and the one we saw the other day, the people in the background are all wearing light (and in some cases sleeveless) clothing, so it doesn't appear to be a cold day. So this would be the first time we have ever seen ME in a casual style coat - the only other coat I ever remember seeing him wear was a trench coat.

So this suggests two things. One is that maybe Louisa is having an influence on getting him to dress more casually? The other: maybe the timeline will be edging into autumn/winter this season? (we saw a scene with Louisa in a dress, sweater, coat and red scarf)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I think I heard somewhere that there might be a Christmas Special. Well wouldn't it be special if it is SET around Christmas. The first Ellingham's family Christmas! That ay JH will be around 6 months (as per the casting notes) and we will see them all as a family, the contrast to Louisa's and the Doc's previous Christmas' (how they each celebrate it) and then Louisa can give Martin his Christmas present, telling him she's expecting again. :-)

Also I believe that picture I posted is of a rehearsal. I don't see ME wearing a coat like that, a suit coat maybe, but nothing like that. There were no pictures during filming, only rehearsals so I am guessing this is just a rehearsal. I am puzzled why he's carrying a bag in an opposite direction tot he surgery, unless he's off to pick JH up from Manny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    BodminDM wrote: »
    I doubt there can be one.
    MC has a rather large nose, ears and full lips with a great mouth. In a full face, it is all in the right proportion. As skinny as he is now, the ears stick out even more, the nose dominates the face and the lips are take over the lower part of the face. It just doesn't fit anymore.

:eek::eek:BLASPHEMY!!

Sadly, you may be right. :cry:
  • Options
    Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also I believe that picture I posted is of a rehearsal. I don't see ME wearing a coat like that, a suit coat maybe, but nothing like that. There were no pictures during filming, only rehearsals so I am guessing this is just a rehearsal. I am puzzled why he's carrying a bag in an opposite direction tot he surgery, unless he's off to pick JH up from Manny.

But why would MC be wearing such a heavy coat, zipped all the way up to his chin, when people around him are in sleeveless tops and even tank tops? My vote goes to this being ME. I think Louisa is already influencing his style (as much as she can). :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I was thinking today while vacuuming my house...

When they first started talking about the sixth series, there was a mention of a 'misdiagnosis' in one of the episodes. What if it's the Doc that is ill? Maybe that would explain the weight loss; maybe he's got symptoms and keeps blowing them off, too busy to worry about it. That would certainly be an interesting twist in the plot. Do you think the writers and BP would make this season that 'heavy'? It would be the ultimate test on the relationship between DM and Louisa.

That being said, I hope I'm wrong, because I would much rather they keep the plot line lighter and happier. I'm sure I'm not alone!
  • Options
    marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just taking a moment to wish all mothers a Happy Mother's Day tomorrow. Also, to wish all you adoptive mothers, foster mothers and those who have taken a child from their family for whatever reason to bring up in a loving home.
    Also, a special Happy Mother's Day to Louisa Glasson, our tv mother of James Henry!

Following is a poem my oldest daughter gave to me on Mother's Day many, many years ago when she was in first grade. Her teacher had each student imprint their right hand on a 6 inch diameter piece of plaster of Paris. On the back is a poem she composed:
    Finger Prints
    Their hands are busy everyday,
    Sometimes at work
    Sometimes at play.
    Caressing flowers like butterflies
    and joyously reaching for the skies.
    Grubby knuckles, dirty tips
    Bring outdoor treasures like pirate ships.
    With tender loving trust they share
    Secrets of grasshoppers and dandelion hair
    On walls and doors their prints are made
    With traces of jam and marmalade.
    The constant scrubbing with sponge and soap
    Lead you to feel there is no hope.
    But saddest of all will come the day
    When there are no little prints to wash away.
    Ruby Ferreira
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Shop Girl wrote: »
    But why would MC be wearing such a heavy coat, zipped all the way up to his chin, when people around him are in sleeveless tops and even tank tops? My vote goes to this being ME. I think Louisa is already influencing his style (as much as she can). :D:D:D
    I was trying to remember if there was ever a time that anyone in Port Wenn wore a heavy coat or anytime that it rained. Isn't the weather always perfect there? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shop Girl wrote: »

The director and Bert are warmly dressed as is everyone else except two women standing in the sun. There is a lot of waiting around on set (not necessarily in the sun for MC) and he's thin now! I think it's MC coat. DM will be back in his suit coat and the show will appear to be set in perpetual perfect weather as usual.:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsWindy1 wrote: »
    I was trying to remember if there was ever a time that anyone in Port Wenn wore a heavy coat or anytime that it rained. Isn't the weather always perfect there? :)

Snap! :D
This discussion has been closed.