Coach Trip 2013./2014

Comments

• nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was actually thinking of Borrowby Mill the other day while on the bus to Edinburgh for work!
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Predictable result with the resident coach-hoggers all complimenting each other as if the two new couples did not even exist or warrant a mention. Would have been nice had they voted for one of the new couples so they could get a shot at a coach trip to make up for joining up so late in the show.

But. No.

>:(>:(>:(

Not at all happy that the Simple Sisters won.

And Roy clearly did breach Coach Trip T&C's because, as I reported earlier, he said on FB that he had had five weeks of touring, and he came on here and claimed he did not say that ;-).

As always Brendan was the star :).
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not much to spill really, it was edited to make her look like the "Er Indoors" wife when she's definitely not.

I think Roy overdone the Danny Dyer mockney accent a bit though

But without the looks! ;-) I thought Roy was a genuine cockney, an East End lad and all -round diamond geezer?
    Yeh that did become a bit boring after a while, it was like watching Jim Davidson :p

Yes, I noticed that -. Jim Davidson circa. 1975. Roy's a bit of a throwback to an earlier time! ;-)
    http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/cute-cartoon-dinosaur-8525103.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hiya, thanks, no I'm her brother!

LMAO!!! :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I would've liked Georgina and Leah to have joined the coach earlier, I think they would've had a chance of winning.

Although I'm surprised they voted for Raz and E.D Elv in the final vote
  • Rocket QueenRocket Queen Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well, the series started off promising, then got very mundane and boring,
    time to change the voting, if you get a yellow card, you should be immuned
    from being voted the next time, unfortunately the newbies don't stand a chance.
    Am probably going to be slated on here, but tbh, I didn't mind Roy and his missus,
    she was lovely:)
  • flyonthewallflyonthewall Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would've liked Georgina and Leah to have joined the coach earlier, I think they would've had a chance of winning.

Although I'm surprised they voted for Raz and E.D Elv in the final vote

Yeah, they seem like top girls. It's probably not easy for the late arrivals to figure out who their favourite couples are.
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Am probably going to be slated on here, but tbh, I didn't mind Roy and his missus,

They tried that in Series 5, but it didn't work as the newbies still kept being voted off by the alliance led by Amanda and Nicki. I remember one of them not being too bad, but the other, (I think Amanda), very much came across as a Mean Girl. She really thought she was something and got more and more smug the longer she stayed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a red card day would be good every 3rd or 4th day, and the two most recent couples remain immune at the vote. This would stop a double yellow coming their way, thus making it more difficult for the others to vote each other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    They tried that in Series 5, but it didn't work as the newbies still kept being voted off by the alliance led by Amanda and Nicki. I remember one of them not being too bad, but the other, (I think Amanda), very much came across as a Mean Girl. She really thought she was something and got more and more smug the longer she stayed.

She was a snake. Much worse than the girls from this series and very two faced.
    Forum Member

She is lovely, and I'm very proud of her, she's normally the centre of attention while Roy takes a back seat!

But hey ho, that's television for you!
  • RentsRents Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Well done to Annabel and Emily, they were happy and lovely all the way through. :)
  • eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is c4 showing the final episode of this series???
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think I've contributed to this thread but have been following it whilst watching the series.

Was glad Emily & Annabelle won. Would have been just as pleased for Darren & James to have done so.

Roy just really irritated me sometimes with his middle aged comments about lots of things. Julia seems lovely though :)
  • mark owenmark owen Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    eye3 wrote: »
    When is c4 showing the final episode of this series???

It is on more4 this Saturday at 12.10pm
  • johnhughjohnhugh Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    mark owen wrote: »
    It is on more4 this Saturday at 12.10pm

Pretty poor of C4 not to have stated via the continuity announcer over the closing credits when the final programme is being broadcast, as there will be loads of the audience who will miss it. But again sort of highlights my theory that C4 don't like CT and put up with it as it brings in the ratings.

Disappointed in the final new couples votes, would have rather Daren and James to have won, but pleased the girls did over the other couples.

Not a bad series, especially after it's two year hiatus, but it reeked of being hastily put together. No real classic characters and no 'disqualified' and the hand gesture from Brendan!!
    Forum Member
    Just like to add, for Julia getting so emotional in the final vote about Emily just goes to show how much editing is done as they didn't show much of them together in the show.

Fair play to all of them, it's made good television viewing or we wouldn't be chatting about them on here.

Bring on Roy's Q&A session :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope we get a new series soon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnhugh wrote: »
    Pretty poor of C4 not to have stated via the continuity announcer over the closing credits when the final programme is being broadcast, as there will be loads of the audience who will miss it. But again sort of highlights my theory that C4 don't like CT and put up with it as it brings in the ratings.

Disappointed in the final new couples votes, would have rather Daren and James to have won, but pleased the girls did over the other couples.

Not a bad series, especially after it's two year hiatus, but it reeked of being hastily put together. No real classic characters and no 'disqualified' and the hand gesture from Brendan!!

Thanks. I would have missed it. God knows why C4 couldn't have found 30mins over the weekend
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are we all getting gold-edged invitations to this Q&A or should we quietly wait until he's "prepared" himself for the session :confused::D
  • Hershey2Hershey2 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CrazyLoop wrote: »

Roy just really irritated me sometimes with his middle aged comments about lots of things. Julia seems lovely though :)

But he is middle aged!

Nobody stood out for me as a winner, Annabelle and Emily did seem nice but again, sadly, stupidity seems to rule and win in these shows.
  • theidtheid Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Roy will be able to explain the "hands above shoulders" rule. He had no problem putting his hands above his shoulders when he beat Elv on the golf tee-off!
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just like to add, for Julia getting so emotional in the final vote about Emily just goes to show how much editing is done as they didn't show much of them together in the show.

Fair play to all of them, it's made good television viewing or we wouldn't be chatting about them on here.

I haven't anticipated anything so eagerly since Ian said he was doing one.

He was so thick he didn't even recognise sarcasm.

Please allocate my ticket to someone who gives a toss.

Ta.
  • PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    The final episode is on More4, Saturday at 12.10pm.

Ah thanks. I was looking on the Channel 4 listings for next week and couldn't find it. I don't understand why the Continuity Announcer didn't announce that at the end of last night's episode :confused: I for one would probably have missed it if I hadn't seen your post! Seems bizarre not to fit the final episode into the channel 4 schedule though!!
  • HectorMcClureHectorMcClure Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy for the girls. They are worthy winners.

It's been a decent series. It's just a shame Darren and James managed to last so long. I wish them nothing but misery in the future.