Helen - never on a journey....a complete fraud!

2»

Comments

• spiralstaticspiralstatic Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her changes in behaviour are due to warnings and public perception of other HMs.

Helen's warnings were now over a month ago. Do you not think that if her behaviour was altered only by them she would have reverted to type by now and been a lot more argumentative and nasty than we have seen?

Since you think Helen's behaviour changes are due to warnings, theoretically, do you think any housemate who has received a warning could genuinely change their behaviour?
    She got friendlier with Chris when she heard his reaction. She tries so hard with Chris since she heard his positive reaction also.

Helen got friendlier with Chris after Chris revealed the difficult year he'd had before coming into the house and his reasons for doing Big Brother. If Helen was changing her reaction towards people due to public perception, she would have distanced herself from Ash and Steven. She's aware she's been booed enough too and although she's sometimes referenced that maybe people might think better of her now, she's also made it clear she's aware that were she up for eviction she'd probably be out herself.

Helen did however change her perception of Pav and Zoe briefly when outside information was revealed suggesting they were not to be trusted, but I would say that was due to her lack of trust towards anyone she doesn't know and it was due to comments from past housemates, not public reaction.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    So either way you're in agreement that she hasn't been on a journey?

General rule of thumb in any reality show is if anyone mentions being on a journey, they haven't.

Unless the reality show has a travelling element. In which case, they might have.
  • viewer123viewer123 Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just replace "journey" with game plan ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    sheils1 wrote: »
    When Chris was crying she comforted him, why anyone would want to knopw Chris is beyond me, he is such a creep, as for Ashleigh, she has made as much effort to be friends with Helen as Helen has with her, there is no bum licking at all.

Just a bit convenient then that this 'friendship' and nice things being said about Ashleigh happens right at the peak of Ashleigh's popularity and when she's cleaning up in the polls.

Also can't recall Ashleigh saying nice things about Helen, just merely sitting in the same areas now that Helen is following her around.
  • AlanadaleAlanadale Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    How can Helen have been on a journey ???
    She has never experienced what it's like to be nominated for eviction .
    She has no idea what the other housemates feel on eviction nights.... that's been on a journey Helen . :(
  • momoriromomoriro Posts: 2,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helish is so loved up with her beloved Ass she has forgotten she has a son, the only journey she has been on is following Ass around like love sick teen.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Behaving as aggressively as she does it's clear to see why she got her teeth knocked out in the past. Not everyone is as tolerant and well rounded as an Ashleigh, Matthew or Christopher
    :o Gosh! really? There is much I obviously don't know about Helen.

I do know though that what I do know I really don't like.

I missed quite a lot at the start of this BB because of the football so her teeth being knocked out may have been mentioned then
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well my first thread.

There's no way Helen is on a journey this year. She will come out the same aggressive person she went in.

Her changes in behaviour are due to warnings and public perception of other HMs. She got friendlier with Chris when she heard his reaction. She tries so hard with Chris since she heard his positive reaction also.

To polish it off she now wants to be Ashleigh's best friend because Ashleigh will win. Bum licking or what.

Oh dear, what a horrible person!

I wouldn't worry...first out on the final night and back oop North to her regular regimen of Eccles cakes and scrag end...
    Forum Member
    Helen's warnings were now over a month ago. Do you not think that if her behaviour was altered only by them she would have reverted to type by now and been a lot more argumentative and nasty than we have seen?

Since you think Helen's behaviour changes are due to warnings, theoretically, do you think any housemate who has received a warning could genuinely change their behaviour?

Helen got friendlier with Chris after Chris revealed the difficult year he'd had before coming into the house and his reasons for doing Big Brother. If Helen was changing her reaction towards people due to public perception, she would have distanced herself from Ash and Steven. She's aware she's been booed enough too and although she's sometimes referenced that maybe people might think better of her now, she's also made it clear she's aware that were she up for eviction she'd probably be out herself.

Helen did however change her perception of Pav and Zoe briefly when outside information was revealed suggesting they were not to be trusted, but I would say that was due to her lack of trust towards anyone she doesn't know and it was due to comments from past housemates, not public reaction.

Well as far as i'm aware the warnings don't expire and as i said her behaviour change is a combination of Warnings and the public perception of HMs that she previously picked on. Christopher has had no hassle since the regular cheers.

She made early alliances with Ash and Steven, turning on them this late in the game wouldn't have helped the new image she is now trying to portray whatsoever.

Sorry, but there is just no way that her attitude change of late towards Ashleigh is genuine. She just wants to be part of the popular HM now. She's even looking for a way to justify this change of heart by claiming that the absence of Danielle has brought them together. I didn't quite hear Ashleigh agree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Enidan wrote: »
    It's not about others giving her a chance. When on a true journey to change for the better a person is not dependant on other's approval. That's possibly the first realisation.
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    Well its not all about approval but if you kepp on kicking someone when they are down they will never be able to get up, people do change and people do reflect, a helping hand....even if that helping hand is just not being so disapproving and giving the benefit of the doubt when someone is owning their bad side and trying to change....well that is the way I see it. Its not as if she has been all bad and in fact she has some lovely parts to her...she is fiercely loyal for a start and shows real empathy at times .She is loud and brash but can come across as very vulnerable too, anyhow that's my opinion on her atm.:)

I agree that someone has to really want to change within themselves, beyond anything, as that's real motivation at work and causes strong change. I also agree that if somebody doesn't receive vital feedback when they're making a genuine effort, that's a really miserable journey where it's nearly impossible to progress. I think if Helen really does want to change, she also has to accept that it would take people time to believe she's genuine.

The BB experience and warnings have forced her to have to quieten down and observe some things, as well as showing that there are other sides to her that she clearly can choose to be. But she could be just watching those who get a positive response and mimicking their behaviour at this point. I feel the BB experience could affect her a lot ultimately, if she chooses to learn.
    Forum Member
    Jo March wrote: »
    :o Gosh! really? There is much I obviously don't know about Helen.

I do know though that what I do know I really don't like.

I missed quite a lot at the start of this BB because of the football so her teeth being knocked out may have been mentioned then

Sorry, a figure of speech but she has indeed been involved in nightclub fights and bloodied yes.

A fine example of a woman!

Off topic from Helen but speaking of HMs outside the house did you know that Ashleigh is involved in a fair bit of charitable work? Including animal shelters. Ashleigh helping the puppies now thats a beautiful thought :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Sorry, a figure of speech but she has indeed been involved in nightclub fights and bloodied yes.

A fine example of a woman!

Off topic from Helen but speaking of HMs outside the house did you know that Ashleigh is involved in a fair bit of charitable work? Including animal shelters. Ashleigh helping the puppies now thats a beautiful thought :)

awww, that's lovely ... a million miles away from all the gossiping and fights in BB, thank goodness, lol.
  • spiralstaticspiralstatic Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well as far as i'm aware the warnings don't expire

Nothing anyone has ever done expires but I hope it doesn't mean that every person who ever did anything bad is irredeemable.
    ...and as i said her behaviour change is a combination of Warnings and the public perception of HMs that she previously picked on. Christopher has had no hassle since the regular cheers.

Although in fact Christopher was the most recent person Helen had an argument with!
    Sorry, but there is just no way that her attitude change of late towards Ashleigh is genuine. She just wants to be part of the popular HM now. She's even looking for a way to justify this change of heart by claiming that the absence of Danielle has brought them together. I didn't quite hear Ashleigh agree.

My view on Helen and Ashleigh is that perhaps there are some similarities between Ashleigh and Helen as a (younger than Ashleigh) teenager. But by Ashleigh's age, Helen had a child and was estranged from her family. The possibilities for Helen's future were already reduced by the time she was Ashleigh's age, whereas Ashleigh has comparably infinite possibility ahead of her. Perhaps (even if not aware of it) on top of how they just didn't get on (equally on both sides. Well in fact Ashleigh bitched a lot more about Helen than Helen did about Ashleigh. I don't say Ashleigh had no cause to though.) subconsciously, Helen may have felt some level of jealousy towards Ashleigh simply for the possibility she represents. I don't know though. I likely shouldn't analyse so much.

I think Helen has always had some amount of respect for Ashleigh's character, even when she found her a bitch and disliked her.

Helen has many negatives and she also has a warm, compassionate caring side to her, but I strongly disagree that she's influenced by the public's reactions to people.

Oh and I do think Ashleigh is trying to be peaceful with Helen mostly, but I do also think she seems to genuinely get on with her better now as well. I think everyone is getting on better now (bar poor Pav.) And I don't think Helen would congratulate Ashleigh or say she thought she'd be in the final without meaning it. Helen would bitch and moan if she thought Ashleigh didn't deserve such.

Helen was mean about Danielle which I don't think Ashleigh was entirely comfortable about and it's true Helen said something similar in the past to Danielle about Ashleigh ;-):D. But equally, Ashleigh hasn't shown much continued friendship, sorrow or had that much nice to say about Danielle either following her leaving the house.

Not that I commented about Ashleigh at all in my previous post! Yet rather than answering the questions I asked there, you talked about Ashleigh in your reply!!?! :confused::p:D Hee, I jest. I replied in regard to her afterall anyway.