Options

Future Hollyoaks Storylines...

NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
Forum Member
✭✭
So,

Now that we have the domestic abuse storyline coming to a close and the JP rape storyline will be closing in the future... We need some proper meaty storylines to get our teeth into I reckon.

Cindy's Bipolar - I think this looks like it could be decent, Steph is certainly doing a good job so far.

Jason's Body Issues - Taken a bit of a back seat the moment but I am sure it will pick up again.

Blessing's Story - I love Blessing. The actress is one of the best newbies Oaks has had in a while and its nice to see Blessing being involved in plots which aren't just about Transgender related issues. I would love a happy ending for Blessing and Dennis but at the same time I wouldn't want her to leave!

The Roscoe's - I am up to my neck with this lot and I really think the show would benefit with the majority of them leaving (bar the twins) as they get so much screen time.

Darren and Nancy - I've actually gone off these two a bit recently... I think all the lying, cheating and deceit has unfortunately really affected the pairing. Any ideas for a decent storyline for them?

The Blake's - I assume Patrick will be staying on the show? If this is the case I would love to see Nico slowly destroy his life... :blush:

Maxine - I want to see Maxine's recovery... Shes obviously a shell of her former self and it would be interesting to see how slowly find her identity once again. I don't want her paired up with Dodger as I think she can do much better.

The Lomax's - Obviously we've got the Leela/Peri reveal to come shortly. I can't really think of a storyline for Teagan but I would quite like to see more of Cameron and Leela spending time together. I cannot be doing with Ziggy/Leela.

Esther - Jazz mentioned that Esther has a big storyline in the pipes but I'm not sure what this could be? It would be nice to see Esther's mum come into the picture and it would certainly allow for some more screen time for the abandoned character!

Phoebe - I use to adore Phoebe but they've really changed her character! What happened to the once fiesty, fiery and protective girl we knew? It seems when ever shes paired with a love interest that the writers just forget all her previous characteristics. I think we need to see more of Phoebe's passed explored, shes clearly been through the ringer.

Any ideas from you guys? :D

Comments

• Options
    Rick_PoppaRick_Poppa Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are plenty of stories the show could do... It would be great too see a shift away from gangsters ect... Families and groups need to be put back at the forefront, get back the old Hollyoaks feeling.

- Maddie Parker returns with her kids, she knows Tony and Jack (maybe Darren, and maybe the Roscoes but not fussed If she doesn't know them) She can help Maxine recover as she admits that she too has been in a violent relationship. Her son is bi sexual but WONT get into a relationship with either Ste or George! Her Daughter is an athlete and has just been to the commonwealth games.

- Tom Cunningham meets a mate at school and this lad never lets Tom walk home with him, is very secretive.. Tom finds out He is a traveller by following him home one night.. Darren learns that travellers have moved onto land near the roscoes garage and soon half the village is trying too move them on. Tom gets Nancy too do a story for the newspaper about prejudice against travellers ,.. Jed tells Tom He hates moving around so Tom sneaks food out of the dog. This story is all about the hard time travellers get.

- Carmel and Leela sign up too a model agency, they get a few jobs locally but then they are called too a shoot in Manchester at a big stately home, when they get to the shoot they realise It's for a naturist holiday firm. Top dog of the modelling company is none other than Lisa Hunter. (a guest slot for three episodes)

I will think of some more post them later
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think how you could put Nancy and Darren back on track
    We know Finn is going to try and sexually attack her.
    so she could go throw counseling and Darren stands by her the whole time so along with helping her get over the trauma it would help to rebuild their relationship they could also discus in the sessions about Sienna.
    I would love to see Sienna have another big storyline hopefully it could involve Leela.

They could work on building up the relationship with Phoebe and George and they could have some smaller storylines maybe more to do with students.

During the annual cast cull as apparently we need to have one this is a perfect time to get rid of Trevor, Grace, Freddie and Sonny and at the same time the stunt is amazing this could be any kind of stunt it could be amazing visually and could be part of a very dramatic week the aftermath is also really good with anyone who cares for Freddie and Sonny is actually upset for a while. Hopefully before then these characters go quiet.

I'm not sure what they could with Esther I guess they could explore her past when her mum suddenly turns up this when memories have been triggered from her past which she tried to forget. Maybe she saw her father die when she was young and her mum blamed her for his death. However she ends up traumatised because of his death. I'm not sure how much we know about her parents but if we know her dad is alive then it could be one of her friends who died and her mum believes she was responsible.

I hope they carry on Blessings storyline well as I have loved it but also keeping her relationship with Dennis fun.

Hopefully there will be lots of fall out of Maxine and Patrick both in recovery and comeuppance for Patrick including exploring their family history with the Blake's and Anna.

Hopefully they keep up with Cindy's bi polar as I think it as been quite good so far.

I'm also looking forward to more of Stes downward spiral and hopefully that picks up.

And Jason's storyline picks up again.

The other thing I want is a good villain storyline not gangsters it could be Rick, Cameron probably not Sienna.

Hopefully the Leela Peri reveal will be good and there is a good fallout.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Nancy and Darren will get back on track as she
    continues sleeping with Rick.

I hope Hollyoaks can shock us and finish a SL in a good manner instead of forgetting half of the crap they chuck in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know shes still recovering, but i think dodger could help her, so i hope she gets back with dodger and goes through a divorce to patrick x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hope Hollyoaks can shock us and finish a SL in a good manner instead of forgetting half of the crap they chuck in.

Are you serious with that a spoiler? :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you serious with that a spoiler? :o

Took me ages to find, did start to think I imagined it lol

http://hollyoaksoverdose.tumblr.com/ scroll down to other spoilers
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I just want to see ALL of the Roscoes gone, I'm not enjoying Jason's storyline, he's far too dull and there's no chemistry with Holly.

Get rid of Pheobe too, I find her irritating and they don't know what to do with her - that's obvious. Although, I do like Mandip Gill so I also don't want her to lose her job.

For me, Nancy and Darren are irreversably ruined as a couple and pretty much as characters too. They need to split them up for good. I think Darren was always better with Cindy, anyway, so i'd like to see him involved in her storyline.

I don't even want to see anything Sinead related. Nor anything Ste related. I'm sick of those two characters constantly being shoved down our throats, they're both so unpleasent. Its as bad as Freddie.

I'm interested in Maxine's recovery and her baby, Blessing and Dennis, Cameron, Leela and Peri, Cindy's storyline and anything Tom related.

Hopefully they'll be something more with Sienna and Nico too, they really haven't bothered to show any interaction between them so far but suddenley they're bonded. I have a feeling they might do something with Sienna and Cameron because she's close with Leela and he might try to make her jealous, which i'd be interested to see.

I want to see Finn's comeuppance, that can't be too far off, but the storyline with JP is pretty ruined now so i'm dubious about it. Also I want to see what happens to Patrick next. I hope Maxine goes to the police but she probably won't.

Never thought i'd say this but i'm also kind of interested in seeing Grace start her IVF and I hope they team her up with Nana cause I liked them together. I'd like to see more scenes with all the girls together, like when they had that book group a couple of years ago.

I think maybe they need to bring some old characters back too, if they have anyone left that they haven't senselessly killed off. The Roscoes haven't worked and they make up so many of the male characters. That side of the show is just so poor now but I don't want them bringing in umpteen new males that we have to get used to. So maybe bring some back.

I really didn't suggest anything...just kind of moaned about what's there but at least I tried :blush:
  • Options
    GoosebeeGoosebee Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love Blessing and Cameron. The two best additions in ages so I would quite like these characters to be explored more. I love the Leela peri Cameron unit.
  • Options
    Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Goosebee wrote: »
    I absolutely love Blessing and Cameron. The two best additions in ages so I would quite like these characters to be explored more. I love the Leela peri Cameron unit.

I agree. I would also add Nico to the list as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. I would also add Nico to the list as well.

Agreed. I think those are the best three we've had in quite a while actually... They are easily better than the whole Roscoe clan! :D
  • Options
    R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    I think it's time that Frankie disappeared. Nasty, cheating old witch. Actually really dislike her. Maybe they can kill her off at Christmas!
  • Options
    Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Agreed. I think those are the best three we've had in quite a while actually... They are easily better than the whole Roscoe clan! :D

I agree.
  • Options
    GoosebeeGoosebee Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    I'm not as sold as Nico as I am the other two. I felt the reunion lacked emotional impact and has ruined it somewhat for me. Cameron and blessing just work So so well
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Goosebee wrote: »

I agree.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the Savage/Blake family starts abusing their partner, Dodger falls in love with them. :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

:o:o:o:o:o:o
  • Options
    pudge2pudge2 Posts: 1,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From that http://hollyoaksoverdose.tumblr.com/ link
    - Theresa returns
    Ugh..
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    More epsiodes for Esther, more screentime, the storys to be decent for Esther and no changing her personality either. Bring in Esthers mother let Esther have a brother and sister, new friends, a new girfriend, her dream career in fastion to come true, more scenes with Esther hanging out with Geroge and Phoebe. A frienfship with Maxine and Blessing with Esther they start up their own fastion clothes beauty makeup shop.

More of the old Phoebe maybe see Phoebe looking for her father learning she has some brothers and sisters.

Since Cindys bipolar story keeps getting draker have her think she needs to back together with Darren, destory Nancys relationship with Darren, make him aware something wrong with Cindy and have him get Cindy some help.
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Tom to have his own story it's been some time since he had his own story.

Breake up Darren and Nancy for good everytime they are together problems always come their way tieing them apart and later they get back together over and over again. Sometimes they are the problem thats runining their relationship leading them to shut at each other or disagree with with each other.