"I suppose it won't be very interesting if I say no"

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 988
Forum Member
✭✭
A killer move by Chris tonight - he knew exactly what he was doing in that diary room and elicited all the baser instincts of the usual suspects.

Comments

• CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    completely agree. I loved it when he said that. that was all he needed to say imho.
  • AnyaJenAnyaJen Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    This had also crossed my mind. Makes me think he wanted to stir things up but didn't have the foresight to think things through and prepare for any backlash.
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't give a stuff about a pact. I like that Chris knew what would make good telly and just did it!

Also puts the coward stuff to bed as he happily did it knowing what happened to Marlon.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    user999 wrote: »
    FFS, as said a million times, CHRIS BACKED OUT FROM THE PACT. HE HAS NO OBLIGATION TO SHARE EQUALLY WITH THE REST OF THE HOUSEMATES. HE CAN SHARE WITH WHOEVER HE WANTS!!!

:o Crikey!
  • AndrewPdAndrewPd Posts: 6,718
    Forum Member
    I think Chris was worried what the public would think so tried to make his decision to take the money look better.
  • smoggieboonsmoggieboon Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FFS, as said a million times, CHRIS BACKED OUT FROM THE PACT. HE HAS NO OBLIGATION TO SHARE EQUALLY WITH THE REST OF THE HOUSEMATES. HE CAN SHARE WITH WHOEVER HE WANTS!!!

Wow, you seem to like your CapsLock, it's been used over-zealously on most of your posts tonight. . . .
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    I think he just pissed in the sink and coursed a stink, :D
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Hmm, well for someone who was allegedly nonchalant and just trying to be interesting, he certainly got very angry very fast when the truth came out, and he certainly didn't seem to be finding it fun in the diary room later when he was looking down his nose at his HMs and accusing THEM of greed. You know, the ones who actually kept their word and refused the money. The ones who didn't try to take a third for themselves.

And he didn't back out of the pact, he merely suggested he might to Ashleigh. He even confirmed he hadn't backed out when he was rightly pulled up for not telling them. So which is it? He backed out? Or he was lying to Helen later?

He didn't even have the balls to admit he'd have only shared it with his friends or the winner. He let Christopher loudly protest that he'd have split it as promised while he himself said more than once he wouldn't keep it for himself, which was a mealy mouthed fudge since it was for him and two others.

The only one I believed was Ash. The other two were so obviously lying.
  • BabelBrookBabelBrook Posts: 12,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only one I believed was Ash. The other two were so obviously lying.

This would be the same Ash who nicks cigarettes and alcohol which only his mates share.
  • dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member
    As usual. he added all the colorful justifications in the Diary Room and when among the others, all he had was his usual bumbling equivocations. He just doesn't measure up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member

If he backed out of the pact should he not have told the other housemates. It would have been the decent thing to do.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, well for someone who was allegedly nonchalant and just trying to be interesting, he certainly got very angry very fast when the truth came out, and he certainly didn't seem to be finding it fun in the diary room later when he was looking down his nose at his HMs and accusing THEM of greed. You know, the ones who actually kept their word and refused the money. The ones who didn't try to take a third for themselves.

And he didn't back out of the pact, he merely suggested he might to Ashleigh. He even confirmed he hadn't backed out when he was rightly pulled up for not telling them. So which is it? He backed out? Or he was lying to Helen later?

He didn't even have the balls to admit he'd have only shared it with his friends or the winner. He let Christopher loudly protest that he'd have split it as promised while he himself said more than once he wouldn't keep it for himself, which was a mealy mouthed fudge since it was for him and two others.

The only one I believed was Ash.
    The other two were so obviously lying.

No - he's the one I least believed. I've noticed during that task how obsessed he is with the extra money. he was the only one who got annoyed with Mark for letting the money run down. If they'rd given him that money he'd have been off with it, same as Connor, Aaron and Alex.
  • JubadiJubadi Posts: 1,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a very shifty character. Letting Christopher defend him as a noble, honest man who was always going to share with everyone when he himself, and we, knew that wasn't true was a particular low.
  • ValWValW Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He knew he was chucking a bomb into the works and he did it anyway. Good for him, it showed the whole lot of 'em up!
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ValW wrote: »
    He knew he was chucking a bomb into the works and he did it anyway. Good for him, it showed the whole lot of 'em up!

Including himself. Trying to act superior and calling out the others on greed while he was planning to split the money with just Ashleigh and Christopher - so he subsequently got the bigger cut - just says it all really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ValW wrote: »

Agree completely, It was bad enough for him tonight, but imagine the shit-storm he would have had to put up with if he'd been the only one to say yes. I really think he relishes the challenge.
  • jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yes haha

And Ashleigh knew something about that obviously not the dilemma it's self , doubt they guessed that lol

But she said something like. Maybe Chris with say yes to be funny or something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's fair enough to say " it wouldn't be very interesting if I say no". He's playing the game with one eye on what the viewers want to see as well as thinking about himself. I like Chris, dispite his obvious flaws.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Including himself. Trying to act superior and calling out the others on greed while he was planning to split the money with just Ashleigh and Christopher - so he subsequently got the bigger cut - just says it all really.

He wasn't the one bursting a blood vessel over it. I think that was Helen (as usual)
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No - he's the one I least believed. I've noticed during that task how obsessed he is with the extra money. he was the only one who got annoyed with Mark for letting the money run down. If they'rd given him that money he'd have been off with it, same as Connor, Aaron and Alex.
    Winston was pretty angry about the whole thing too, when he found out some had said Yes to the money and when he found out they'd lost it.
    I thought he said that was one option, not that that was what he intended to do, just that he'd thought of that as an option.
  • nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly. The sheer brazen hypocrisy of the guy was quite galling. Instead of the agreed 8-way split he claimed he was going to do a 3-way split, which would have of course meant more money for him.
  • racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh do one Chris .... trying to act all moral and superior ... You are as intelligent as Helen .....
  • dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member
    nagel84 wrote: »
    Exactly. The sheer brazen hypocrisy of the guy was quite galling. Instead of the agreed 8-way split he claimed he was going to do a 3-way split, which would have of course meant more money for him.

It was also made to look like he wasn't actually lying when he said 'No, of course I'd share it"- except in his mind it was not to be shared with everyone :D
  • NLoyallNLoyall Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He made this comment in the diary room after the fall out and is now trying to act his way out of it and by saying that it implies he was intentionally doing it and voila everyone loves Chris again.

Well I call bullshit on that little act
  • sahmrawsahmraw Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris is no longer my winner. What a creep. Greedy.