Eastenders: Your View on the current state of the show...

GoosebeeGoosebee Posts: 5,290
Forum Member
So it has become increasingly apparent on here that DTC is now firmly settled into his role, and that for some people the cracks are starting to show whilst others are loving his work. This thread is to discuss how you personally feel about Eastenders at present, what's good and what's bad.

Overall for me the show has kept me interested more recently than it has for a long time. Largely this is down to the Carter's as I personally love each and every one of them. Whilst as a character I'm not keen in Shirley - I am looking forward to the dynamics of her relationship with Mick being explored. Mick for me has been brilliant- I expected Danny dyer to be awful after hollyoaks later last year but I have really enjoyed his character- similarly I love his relationship with Linda and the three children. I really think Johnny Nancy and Lee all need their own stories - I like all of them and together they interact and work hugely well- personally I'm not sure why lee is so disliked on the forum.

Tina and Tosh are undoubtedly the weak links- but have potential though im not hugely enjoying the baby storyline. Stan, Babe and Dean I all love. I really like the darker side of Dean being explored, though I'm not sure I would like it to extend to the rape of Linda.

My other favourite family: the Massoods are being criminally underused. I liked the darker side of Massood and I would like to see more of Tamwar and Shabnam as together the family unit is interesting to watch.

Additionally I would like some of the lesser prominent characters explored more. I really like both Charlie and Alex- they could do a lot with these, I also think Donna has potential as does Jay and would like to see these four utilised more.

Although I know i will be in the minority here I want Denise and Fatboy back together. I enjoyed their brief fling and I love Denise Patrick Fatboy and Kim so would like all of them back and in the B and B.

Whilst I love the Lucy plot Ian as a character infuriates me even more so since the rainie situation. I think Peter needs more to do than the cheesy Lauren and Lola romance as I think he is capable too. The Mitchell's and the slaters need work. The skater episodes have bored me to tears this year- I can only hope the upcoming event is actually as good as these characters can be. Again Phil and Sharon need work- as do billy and Lola. None of them interest me and I just don't know why.

Finally the brannings/butchers I'm glad Bianca tiff and Morgan are going. I'm annoyed that Tj is as I would have liked him Liam and Cindy to cope with the baby. However I am glad we are not losing Liam or Whitney as again there is a lot that could be done with them. I wouldn't much miss Abi leaving, and max and Lauren just need something new. I think the idea of a sex addiction storyline for max would actually work really well.

Overall although I have some complaints im generally enjoying the show, the pacing of the storylines and most of what is being aired. Although some improvements could be made the difference from the last few years is incredible. The secrets being kept l, older characters being introduced (les and pam) and the sustained quality are all bringing me back night after night.

I would not however miss Cora or dexter.

Comments