(Yet another) Top 100 Sci-Fi/Fantasy shows of All Time list

RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
Forum Member
✭✭
What do you make of this one?

http://io9.com/5347048/the-top-100-science-fictionfantasy-shows-of-all-time.

Not digested it all yet, but, Angel at number 26? OUTRAGEOUS!!! :mad:

Comments

• Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ST - TNG at number 4 :eek:

Still B-5 is above BSG & Lost so it isn't all bad
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    Firefly at No3, only behind Doctor Who and the Original Star Trek - how cool is that :D Though personally I'd rate it way above Trek, but I can understand how TOS deserves an important place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andromeda 40? - "Sharp, thought-provoking writing" what have these people been smoking?
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found Heroes' position amusing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the Top 10 is acceptable, but the rest is in such a crazy order.
  • zantarouszantarous Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad B5 and DS9 rated so highly, but Sarah Connor above Angel!!!!!

And with no disrespect to the original ST, great show and I still ove it, but by no means the best that sci fi has to offer.

Nice to see Journey Man in there as well.
  • Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disgusting list, so many wrong comments and placings.
  • TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Lot of doubtfuls there. Reckon TOS or DW were always going to be number one, if only from a "shared genetic memory" standpoint, but glad Kirk and the lads took top spot.
    Red Dwarf in the low 50s though? Outrage! Glad B5 got a decent placing, as did DS9, but I think this countdown suffered from including some shows that have only just started, like Warehouse 13, Dollhouse and even True Blood. Not enough buzz about them yet to allow them gain a higher place. Would be interesting to see what the same top 100 looks like next year!
    And yay for Bender, in there at 14! :)
    Certainly padded out with a lot of anime/cartoon stuff though, although not surprisingly Twilight Zone kicked Outer Limits' arse! :D
  • _Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    He Man above Thundercats? No. Primevil above . . . anything? No.

<reads on>

Heroes given a kicking? Ok, I'm back . . . wait, Earth Final Conflict is 20 places above it?

<reads on>

Invader Zim top 50! Major thumbs up :D

. . . followed by ANDROMEDA being in the top 40. Oh.

< . . . >

Battlestar 9; Firefly, 3.

Ok, so the list was made by monkeys. But not entirely bad monkeys, who at least included a some shows that deserve some recognition, even if not in the bizarrely prominent place that some of them got (I'm looking at you, The Tick).
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Eileen* wrote: »
    Firefly at No3, only behind Doctor Who and the Original Star Trek - how cool is that :D Though personally I'd rate it way above Trek, but I can understand how TOS deserves an important place.

Yes, TOS deserves its place near the top of any SF list for its importance and influence over the entire genre. It's probably not what I'd choose for my desert island boxset

Can't really argue too much with the top 10, though I'm not sure what Max Headroom is doing there and I'd have Buffy higher for its genre-bending significance.

In its short life, Firefly was perfect and had great potential to be an all-time great but I wonder how well it will be remembered in 20 years time?