Options

Shall We Boycott The Show?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
Forum Member
I think we should 1. Not watch the show at all or 2. Watch but don't vote at all.

That way Simon will realise what the public really think!

Comments

• Options
    lux lisbon 2lux lisbon 2 Posts: 6,273
    Forum Member
    Agreed. That's the only way Cowell will learn that we will not be warped by him and his attempts to fix the show for one of his acts to win and for J&E to keep publicity for the show!
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    oh dear, the naivety of you is just beyond belief it really is. Like Cowell cares, like Cowell didn't know who was going to be in the bottom two. There's been more deadlocks used this series than any other. It's worrying that this is supposed to be an adult forum, but it's like conversing with a bunch of infant kids. What's more, Lucie is going to earn more money than you'll ever see in a lifetime so chill out and take it for what it is - a fixed TV programme.
  • Options
    djleekeedjleekee Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never felt so enraged at a tv programme ever!

Simon Cowell has slagged Jedward off for weeks and told them that they cant sing, dance or perform!
    Then on numerous occasions when he has the oppourtunity to get rid of them he decides to put it to the public vote and then use US (the public) to justify HIS decision!

Ive set up a new FB group to vent my spleen!
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=170965711540&ref=nf
  • Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure your viewership will be sorely missed.
  • Options
    dwisemandwiseman Posts: 4,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Lets stop breathing in protest too...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    The only way to get to Simon is let him know his decision Tonight was Wrong. The only way to effect him is by hitting him where it hurts by not tuning in or voting. Although he is made of money he will still know he did the wrong thing
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wouldn't make an ounce of difference if everyone on this entire forum switched off, the hype generated by the media in the next few days over tonight's decision will generate more new viewers than they would lose from a mass switch off.
  • Options
    icequeenicequeen Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stuart567 wrote: »
    I think we should 1. Not watch the show at all or 2. Watch but don't vote at all.

get a grip - it was the publics choice......Lucie got the least votes - whats the problem

I bet you will all watch next week:p
  • Options
    hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since when did making the audience ANGRY amount to proper entertainment?

I thought the idea was to please people.

There is nothing pleasing abiout X Factor any more. It's just the Simon Cowell publicity generating cash cow... earn the money, **** the audience.

If I was head of ITV, I'd be warning Cowell that he's bringing the channel into disrepute.
  • Options
    twintwin Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just dont vote for simons acts, vote Lloyd cos he doesn't like him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trouble is that aside from a huge, mass "walk out" the show will prevail.

However pissing off the public does takes it toll, bit by bit. You don't vote, get a friend to not vote. It does add up. And eventually it matters.

In my opinion Simon owed me nothing, but he's disappointed me. I thought he had credibility. He doesn't. So maybe I'll stop watching, maybe I'll just care less.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I agree.... Don't watch next week's show, but more importantly, never vote again !
    Hit Cowell where it hurts, because he's obviously done this with his pocket in mind !
  • Options
    satman5000satman5000 Posts: 1,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, you think people will be turning off, they will be switching on in their droves next week!

It is a business decision obviously but a very clever one

He has what he wants, mass media attention, and forums on the internet crashing talking about it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    The X-Factor shows are entertainment, they entertain, who cares if Simon did this, or the best vocalist got binned. Just enjoy it and try not to think to hard.
  • Options
    Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The overreaction to this is making me laugh. Fgs, she was voted off a reality show, not sentenced to death. :rolleyes:

It was the PUBLIC that sent her home. She had the LEAST votes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    whether people are being 'naive' or not, whether Simon Cowell will miss people's viewership or not, this man shouldn't use talented young girls to claw controversy his way. It was gutless and embarrasing.
  • Options
    deb813deb813 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Olls~ wrote: »
    The overreaction to this is making me laugh. Fgs, she was voted off a reality show, not sentenced to death. :rolleyes:

Hear hear!!!!!!

At last the voice of reason. She totally deserved to go. If it was the final 5 ... she would have gone!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    I'm glad Jedward are still in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member

I've been following the second strategy throughout. I record the live show and watch it delayed by 15 minutes so I never watch the ads. I never vote either. The only way to win is not to play the game!

This is a very manipulative series, the quality of the singing is a factor but the show maniplulates the public. The judges talk acts up and down and select good or bad songs, the show leaks good or bad news about acts, the production team give more help to one act than the others, some acts get better clothes than others, and the voting public are conditioned to a large extent. And if the public still get it wrong well its not their careers that are affected.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    twin wrote: »
    Just dont vote for simons acts, vote Lloyd cos he doesn't like him.

strangly enough this makes the most sense
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member

I will now, its strictly on Saturday and Come Dine with mw on Sunday. Simon Cowell is an absolute dick
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member

Couldn't agree more.

The hysteria is laughable.

Just take the show for what it is, a bit of fun. Watch if you want, or don't. Vote if you want, or don't.
  • Options
    lux lisbon 2lux lisbon 2 Posts: 6,273
    Forum Member
    Why not have the show the way it used to be, when it was about singing rather than these over styled, cherographed Stars In Thier Eyes-esque embarrasments that they have become then we can see who is truly the best singer?

It is a cheap, publicity riddled joke now and we shoul no longer vote and become willing participants in this charade!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Now that WOULD get the ratings up...the act with the least votes is summarily executed. Wonder why this hasn't been thought of before outside of certain Central American countries...:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,285
    Forum Member
    The hit Simon where it hurts is to have one of his acts next to Jedward (bless 'em) and for the other 3 judges to vote Jedward. Then, and only then will we see a difference in Simon's tone about them.