The Hoarder Next Door...CH4.

1101112131416»

Comments

• xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    I only just watched the first eps of the new series back to back last night (I am hoarding shows right now :p)

Anyway the first ep in particular with the lady with the rabbits was both upsetting & disturbing. She clearly has a lot of issues , i was shocked at how well she did in the end. Was upsetting when her other rabbit died , i was crying. I went over to my cat who was asleep on the other sofa & popped him on my lap , i had to give him cuddles. I was shocked as well all the bad stuff that's happened to her , i don't know how she gets out of bed in the morning let alone put her heart & soul into looking after the animals.

I felt i could relate slightly , i love cats rather than rabbits but it is a similar thing. Our cat likes attention so we couldn't have 20 cats even though i would love to look after every cat in the world if i could. I am struggling to have children & i felt sick & terrified at the prospect i could become like the woman. The day i was diagnosed with the fertility condition i had was the same day i had my first cat - sadly she went missing last year :( , She was a huge comfort to me that day. My cat Salem who i have now is like my baby , he does loves us. We are more intelligent versions of animals after all , they can feel pain etc like us so i don't see the harm in loving animals. I am sick of baby crap on my Facebook feed so i do take lots of pics of my cat. He is a very loving cat , he always purrs when we hold him some times even when we look at him. He cuddles up to us & plops himself on our laps.
    Anyway i do not want to become like that woman. The freak who can't have kids & treats her animals like babies. That thought terrifies me. She was a nice woman with issues , but some people would think horrible things like that. God i act like i am the normal one (says the woman here who waves when she sees a cat and talks to them :blush:) As much as i love my cat i want a baby in my arms not a cat.

(on a happier note this is my 600th post woo)
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    What would she use lolly sticks for tho?

Useful things lolly sticks..I use them in my greenhouse for all sorts of things!
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the therapist guy. I didn't think much of him in the first series and thought he was a bit of a poser but he really does seem to pick things up with these people. For example when he said this guy tonight hoards because it puts a barrier between him and forming emotional relationships because he's had pain in his past emotionally. I didn't think of it like that but it makes sense.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey.. camera person almost crushed under a hoard of stuff.
  • demfedemfe Posts: 15,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show seems particularly sad - everything he says seems to be a metaphor for the trauma of losing his mother at such a young age...
  • conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, watching this now, missed previous episodes but why are the two ladies wearing matching outfits ? Is it some sort of psychological thing ?
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Feel really sorry for Dave (record and book guy). And his Mum died when he was five, that's got a lot to do with his situation.

Being in the middle of a big clear out myself, I can understand his attachment to objects.

Also, I have all my late husband's stuff in his room, none of that will be going, I could never get rid of his clothes etc, no matter whether it's a good thing or not.

I like to know that things I declutter go to a good home, nothing gets binned unless it's broken or really beyond use. Another trolley load to the charity shop on Saturday!
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Useful things lolly sticks..I use them in my greenhouse for all sorts of things!

I've used them for spreading glue!
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    conceptas wrote: »
    Ok, watching this now, missed previous episodes but why are the two ladies wearing matching outfits ? Is it some sort of psychological thing ?

I was under the impression that they run a de-cluttering business, so dressing the same is a kind of 'uniform'.
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're not growing them are you ;-) :D
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    You're not growing them are you ;-) :D

Maybe I coud grow lolly trees...:)
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    I was under the impression that they run a de-cluttering business, so dressing the same is a kind of 'uniform'.

I took that to be their uniform too. Was amazed at the transformation of the living room.