Stooshe - What would you do with them?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I must admit I am a fan of Stooshe and find it a shame that they haven't had massive success yet. Management are partly to blame for this, anyway, they have been off the scene for a while.

Perhaps in 2014 they will return bigger and better than ever before (perhaps they won't) , but What would you do with them?

Musically, styling, etc..

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    I'm such a fan of Stooshe, loved their debut.

Personally I would keep with the Motown feel, but with the Stooshe flavour (More 'Put the Kettle On' than 'See Me Like This'). I loved 'Slip' as well as it was so new and big it really suited them!!

Fingers crossed they find some success with a new album, they've too much talent to waste!!
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drop them.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be absolutely blunt about it, they just aren't marketable. They were never really going to work in the long-term as they aren't conventionally attractive, a little butch and their dress sense is a kind of odd.
    Girl bands appeal to two main demographics - teenage girls and gays.
    Stooshe fail to appeal to either.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    They should try to crack America for a fresh start. They should work with Rihanna's songwriter Esther Dean, her music would suit them.
  • Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Drop them.

Yeah. Off a cliff
  • MadeInHarryMadeInHarry Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love them too. I would probably do what you said Landslide but also (people are going to hate me for this) Eurovistion would be good for them as there only known in the UK.
  • Tombo60Tombo60 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd see leave them, they've done enough already. No more material please.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Just release another album. They'd easily be able to get more top 40 hits.
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Stooshe but I think the problems started when they tried to ditch waterfalls. Just accept that it didn't perform too well and move on don't try blaming somebody else
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The demise of Stooshe was a shame. With tracks like 'Black Heart' and 'Slip' in their portfolio they deserve to still be around selling records. Very talented group.

I just think they need take full control of their music, release a new album and get the single choices right (no more Waterfall efforts). No reason why they shouldn't have success.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim_A wrote: »
    The demise of Stooshe was a shame. With tracks like 'Black Heart' and 'Slip' in their portfolio they deserve to still be around selling records. Very talented group.

I just think they need take full control of their music, release a new album and get the single choices right (no more Waterfall efforts). No reason why they shouldn't have success.

Indeed, Black Heart & Slip is my favourite pair of songs from 1 act in the past 3 years or so. I therefore hope they are given the chance to release another album.
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd google them to see who they were, haha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    They're too talented to let go to waste though...
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd tell them to tone it down a notch. The styling is wrong too extreme and their singing can be too shouty but they could sound better.
  • DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If stick them where the sun don't shine
  • DizzleDizzle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Drop them.

Sad but true. They are a talented trio but there simply isn't a place in the market for them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dizzle wrote: »
    Sad but true. They are a talented trio but there simply isn't a place in the market for them.

I think there's a place in the market for them. . They just need better songs. They can all sing (their harmonys are beautiful).
    A stunning new song for 2014 , none if this poppy shit. They need to focus on vocals perhaps team up with someone like Naughty Boy. I can imagine them still being massive given the right song.