Options

Rank Katy Perry's Albums

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
Forum Member
1. One of the Boys
2. Teenage Dream
3. Prism

For me, Katy has never topped her debut with incredible tracks such as 'Waking Up In Vegas,' 'Thinking Of You' and 'If You Can Afford Me'.
Just wondered how everyone else felt??

Comments

• Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I would rank them the same as that.

1. One Of The Boys
    2. Teenage Dream
    3. Prism

I have listened to Prism a lot but I've always loved One Of The Boys.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Teenage Dream
    One Of The Boys
    Prism
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Teenage Dream - California Gurls, Teenage Dream, Firework, Peacock, Pearl, Hummingbird Heartbeat
    2. One of the Boys - I Kissed a Girl, Hot N Cold, If You Can Afford Me, Waking Up in Vegas
    3. Prism - Birthday, Walking on Air, Dark Horse

I was quite underwhelmed with Prism, to be honest. Roar was good to listen to when it came out, but not as catchy as California Gurls or Hummingbird Heartbeat. Unconditionally was just good, nothing spectacular. If I was Capitol, I would have released Dark Horse after Roar. As for Unconditionally, probably 4th or 5th.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I love them all but if I have to choose:
    Teenage Dream
    Prism
    One Of The Boys
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    1. I feel like Prism was a let down when I first listened to it but listening to it for a second and third time really changed my opinion. It's a really solid album, although Birthday and Roar let it down in my opinion.

2. Teenage Dream has really strong singles but I feel like it isn't a very cohesive album and when I listen to it, I usually selectively choose which songs I want to listen to and then move on.

3. One Of Those Boys is a super weak album imo, it has like maybe 5 above average songs and everything else is just so bland or bad.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prism- Retains all that made Teenage Dream great but subtly shifted it up a gear.

Teenage Dream- Pure pop perfection in everyway, she nailed this era.

One Of The Boys- Great album but I always feel it sags after track 8 and that lets it down in comparision to the others which if anything get stronger the more they progress.

But overall three great albums :)
  • Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) PRISM - it's the album with least filler.
    2) Teenage Dream - I never got the fuss about it, but can understand it's good.
    3) One of the Boys - Didn't like it at all bar the singles.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Teenage Dream
    PRISM
    One Of The Boys
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Teenage Dream
    PRISM
    One Of The Boys
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the Boys
    PRISM
    Teenage Dream

OotB will remain one of my favourite ever albums, it has so many good memories attached to it for me and I remember the anticipation building up for it's release when I was following Katy on tumblr wayyyyy back when!

Now with PRISM & TD, I've put them in that order because while TD has some perfect pop songs, I'm still not 'done' with enjoying PRISM and at the moment, the amount of tracks I enjoy outweighs TD.

(eg. PRISM - Legendary Lovers, Birthday, Unconditionally, Walking On Air, This is How We Do, This Moment, Double Rainbow, It Takes Two, Choose Your Battles, Spiritual....
    Teenage Dream - Teenage Dream, Last Friday Night, Who Am I Living For and Hummingbird Heartbeat)

I just go through phases with Katy sometimes haha :p
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prism

Teenage Dream

One of the Boys
  • Options
    SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the Boys
    Teenage Dream
    Prism

I think One of the Boys is a stronger overall album without filler, while both Teenage Dream and Prism have a lot of filler on them. I think I prefer the singles from One Of The Boys too, although I absolutely adore The One That Got Away. There's not a single track I would skip on One of the Boys but there's a few on Teenage Dream I don't listen to out of choice, and that includes two of the singles (California Gurls and ET) and I particularly dislike Peacock. I also wasn't keen on Wide Awake, but I'm not sure if that's included here or just the standard album.

I'm not a fan of Prism at all. The singles so far have been huge let downs imo. I like the song 'Double Rainbow' but aside from that I'm not impressed with her new album. Maybe I need to give it another listen but I really do not feel inspired to because I didn't enjoy it the first time around. :P Double Rainbow's a lovely little song though, shame it probably won't be considered as a single!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Teenage Dream
    One of the boys
    Prism

Prism is good but it hasn't had the impact the other two had. I had her first two albums barely leave my stereo and rack up tons of Itunes counts. Prism left my stereo after about a fortnight and I only really listen to Roar and Ghost.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    I think she's beautiful. A very pretty face, a shapely figure, big natural boobs and lovely hair.

She's not rank at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    PRISM/Teenage Dream - I can not call between the two at the moment at all; Teenage Dream works better with individual tracks, but PRISM is better as a collection of tracks in my opinion.

One of Those Boys - By far my least favourite, although enjoyable occasionally. The four singles plus Lost and I'm Still Breathing are my only favourites and ones that would rival any of the two follow ups.