✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    LOL Apes do like to throw their Poo :D:D

I was eating my supper when that came on :o
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this programme but I did cry tonight - so many sad bits.

We saw Salt perform a few years back - sad she died.

I was also sad for the keeper looking after the pygmy hippos that she couldn't continue to look after them in their new home.
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the lion is ok after her op.

Absolutely love this programme. Makes me want to go and work in a zoo!

Me too! I thought bugger doing relocation/corporate housing, I'm going to quit and apply to work at Whipsnade or London Zoo! :) Then I wondered what the wages were like and decided it maybe needed a bit further thought. :D
    LOL Apes do like to throw their Poo :D:D

Happens all the time on these type programmes doesn't it. Dirty monkeys! :p
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    To many deaths tonight :cry:

Yes, but its life I suppose and hopefully those animals have had a decent life, albeit in captivity which is a contentious issue in itself.
    Kaz159 wrote: »
    I love this programme but I did cry tonight - so many sad bits.

We saw Salt perform a few years back - sad she died.

I was also sad for the keeper looking after the pygmy hippos that she couldn't continue to look after them in their new home.

Sorry to be cynical but I found that a bit bizarre and 'for the cameras'. If she was that upset about it couldn't she just have transferred to whatever part of the Zoo they were moved too? Would it really bother the animals. I'm sure the hippos won't mind who their keeper is as long as they're well fed and properly looked after.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Me too! I thought bugger doing relocation/corporate housing, I'm going to quit and apply to work at Whipsnade or London Zoo! :) Then I wondered what the wages were like and decided it maybe needed a bit further thought. :D

Happens all the time on these type programmes doesn't it. Dirty monkeys! :p

Yes, but its life I suppose and hopefully those animals have had a decent life, albeit in captivity which is a contentious issue in itself.

Sorry to be cynical but I found that a bit bizarre and 'for the cameras'. If she was that upset about it couldn't she just have transferred to whatever part of the Zoo they were moved too? Would it really bother the animals. I'm sure the hippos won't mind who their keeper is as long as they're well fed and properly looked after.

I said that to the OH but apparently it's not that easy to get a transfer???? Maybe someone can confirm/deny that bit.

I think animals do get used to a particular human and they will miss her until they get used to a new keeper. The keeper who was moved to the chimps had to work really hard to even start learning the animals trust.

On a totally different scale, I 'inherited' my daughter's cat and it took ages before she would trust me. Lots of patience needed to win her over (and she's still a bloody madam today).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kaz159 wrote: »
    I said that to the OH but apparently it's not that easy to get a transfer???? Maybe someone can confirm/deny that bit.

I think animals do get used to a particular human and they will miss her until they get used to a new keeper. The keeper who was moved to the chimps had to work really hard to even start learning the animals trust.

On a totally different scale, I 'inherited' my daughter's cat and it took ages before she would trust me. Lots of patience needed to win her over (and she's still a bloody madam today).

Regarding a transfer, bad policy if that's true! :o I'm still going to come across as a but cynical about it and I don't necessarily want to, but I think we saw a bit of 'staged' TV there in that surely if it were for the animals benefit it should be a primary concern and compulsory that an animals recognised keeper moved across to its new environment with it. :confused: The animals well being in that sort of situation should be the primary concern.

Good luck with the cat, I'm sure you'll win her round, perseverance is probably the order of the day! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regarding a transfer, bad policy if that's true! :o I'm still going to come across as a but cynical about it and I don't necessarily want to, but I think we saw a bit of 'staged' TV there in that surely if it were for the animals benefit it should be a primary concern and compulsory that an animals recognised keeper moved across to its new environment with it. :confused:The animals well being in that sort of situation should be the primary concern.

Good luck with the cat, I'm sure you'll win her round, perseverance is probably the order of the day! :)

First bit - yes, I agree that there is a lot of staging in these type of shows.
    Second bit - agreed!
    Third bit - cat has been here 7 years now and less inclined to bite the hand that feeds her :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I thought the bit with the hippo doing the portrait with it's poo was a bit unnecessary!
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    I thought the bit with the hippo doing the portrait with it's poo was a bit unnecessary!

I thought I had dreamt that. Very odd.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watching?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watching?

Trying too, but I keep getting distracted by this place! :D

Hope they can sort the baby giraffes leg problems out. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Awww the Aye aye's are really sweet :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trying too, but I keep getting distracted by this place! :D

Hope they can sort the baby giraffes leg problems out. :(
    Awww the Aye aye's are really sweet :D:D

Evening you two

Yes, I hope they sort the leg out otherwise I feel a sad story coming along :cry::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening you two

Yes, I hope they sort the leg out otherwise I feel a sad story coming along :cry::cry:

Evening BG,,,i hope so too, we've had enough sad stories on the Zoo so far
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feel sorry for Lucifer's trainer....its almost like Lucifer felt betrayed by him when he got moved to Paignton Zoo and the trainer felt a bit lost! Bless
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Feel sorry for Lucifer's trainer....its almost like Lucifer felt betrayed by him when he got moved to Paignton Zoo and the trainer felt a bit lost! Bless

I don't know how they cope with the sadness, i would love to work with animals, but i worry i couldnt cope with it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know how they cope with the sadness, i would love to work with animals, but i worry i couldnt cope with it

Oh me too. I absolutely adore animals but not sure I could work with them. I'd end up taking them all home with me! Rhino's and all! LOL
  • Options
    hallchallc Posts: 200,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did they move the male lion, I missed the start
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hallc wrote: »
    Why did they move the male lion, I missed the start

Part of a mating programme
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening you two

Evening to you too BG.

Bit surprised to just discover that although its only the third episode its the last one the of the series. They could have done a lot more surely. Sad though is at times, I'd happily watch this sort of thing every week.

Have been thinking the exact same thing. It must be so difficult when the animals have problems as you can see genuine bonds are often built between them and the keepers. Which is really nice to see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LOL in front of the public :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ohh! Hugo's getting the job done! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening to you too BG.

Bit surprised to just discover that although its only the third episode its the last one the of the series. They could have done a lot more surely. Sad though is at times, I'd happily watch this sort of thing every week.

Oh me too. Much prefer this to all the celebrity crap thats on nowadays. This is just lovely to watch