Options

Grey's Anatomy Season 7

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
Forum Member
Anyone catch it? It aired premiered last night in the US. I really enjoyed it and looking forward to the rest of the season.

Comments

• Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    Loved it. :) This show never disappoints and is still going just as strong as ever.
  • Options
    hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the episode and I really enjoyed it. I think it really worked to show where everyone is in dealing with the shooting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked how they flashed back to how people dealt with everything.
    I really hope that Lexie and Solan will get back together again after Alex left her.

I glad it was Owen & Christina that got married and not Callie and AZ (like some spoliers said) because it looks like their maybe trouble ahead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really, really liked it. It was kind of the ideal follow up to the events of the finale.

I'm still don't find Teddy in the slightest bit interesting, but there's hope for her now that she's doing the psychiatrist.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    Yep..I really liked it too.
  • Options
    bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    when does grey's anatomy season 7 start in the uk
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    i tried to start a thread on season 7 in the tv forum but got no replies! lol im loving this season, are you guys?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to it's best!
    Have you seen the preveiw for the next episode?
    Looks like maybe another shooting at a school or hospital. Looks very good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    Jaggerc1 wrote: »
    Back to it's best!
    Have you seen the preveiw for the next episode?
    Looks like maybe another shooting at a school or hospital. Looks very good.

Yes i can't wait until january the 6th! hate all the xmas hiatuses
    and cristina in scrubs again! yay! ive missed her being her surgical genius self! it definitely looks like an intense episode and i can't wait!
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone watching Grey's and/or Private Practice at US Pace, ABC have a new mid-season show from Shonda Rhimes. "Off the Map" is about doctors working in a clinic in the middle of the South American jungle (but filmed in Hawaii) though it supposedly set in a different universe to GA/PP.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV4grH4UO7s

Another reason to watch - finally the lovely Caroline Dhavernas, from the wondrous Wonderfalls returns to our screen.

Just seen the pilot. It's hardly the most original thing ever, it's Grey's in the Jungle, but it's entertaining enough and has a lot of promise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Episode 18 worst episode EVER.

Grey's anatomy the musical? I had to turn it off after 10 min.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luvspud wrote: »
    Episode 18 worst episode EVER.

Grey's anatomy the musical? I had to turn it off after 10 min.

Just seen it. And I'm in a state of shock. I hadn't seen any of the trailers or hype so this came as a total surprise.

I managed to watch it all of the way through - it's hardly fair to call any episode the "worst ever" if you only saw 10 minutes. I just cannot decide whether it was terrible or a stroke of genius. It might just need another viewing.

No matter how good or bad it was, Sara Ramirez has an excellent voice. Sandra Oh is clearly Grey's version of Alyson Hannigan.
  • Options
    wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it was that bad, I wouldn't want them to do it again, but I don't think it deserves the hate it's getting (on twitter etc.), though most Grey's fans seem to just hate everything Shonda does anyway.

I think it worked well, and it showed of Sara Ramirez's voice which is never a bad thing, also uncovered a few surprises mainly Chyler Leigh. That said there were a few awkward moments such as the song with Owen, when they were trying to come up with a plan, I think that was the only time it didn't work for me.

The episode behind the music had it's great moments too, with Meredith finally breaking down and admitting her jealously of Callie, and Mark and Arizona finally becoming closer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I freakin' loved it, Sara Ramirez's voice was amazing, The Story is now my new favourite song
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    I actually quite enjoyed it. It dared to do something different and whether you enjoyed it or not, I think it's daring moves like this that keep this show going strong.
    I thought some songs were a little 'indifferent', but Sara Ramirez has a superb voice and I thought The Story at the end was fantastic. I also quite enjoyed their rendition of Chasing Cars at the start.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was an ok episode but I wouldn't want them to do it again. I think the music took away some of the drama of the episode. I didn't like Mark in this at all, he totally disregarded Arizona's feelings towards Callie and the baby.

The Story was my favourite song and I was cringing at the upbeat song (don't know the name), sang by Callie & AZ in the car, also sang by Bailey and her BF nurse + others.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Jaggerc1 wrote: »
    It was an ok episode but I wouldn't want them to do it again. I think the music took away some of the drama of the episode. I didn't like Mark in this at all, he totally disregarded Arizona's feelings towards Callie and the baby.

QUOTE]

I preferred Mark over Arizona as not for a single minute did he choose his child over Callie which i think shows how much he has grown as a character.

Too me it was all Arizonas fault anyway not watching the road, proposing, not pulling over so Callie could get her phone, not reminding her to put a belt on. Used to be a fan of there relationship but after leaving Callie at the airport and her attitude when she came back, Torres is better just being around Mark.

Not a fan of the ep as Greys does drama really well and to me the musical detracted from what could have been an amazing ep. They could have used a less important ep to try out a musical rather than when the team are fighting for one of their own.

Sara does have a beautiful voice, think Kevin did a great job too apart from that one real cheesy number, the whole cast did well Chyler was lovely also will admit to loving the bit in the trailer with Alex and Lucy it was just so fun lol.

Overall don't hate it but not one of the best drama moments for me and it should have been edge of your seat crying stuff as i love Torres
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »

I preferred Mark over Arizona as not for a single minute did he choose his child over Callie which i think shows how much he has grown as a character.

Too me it was all Arizonas fault anyway not watching the road, proposing, not pulling over so Callie could get her phone, not reminding her to put a belt on. Used to be a fan of there relationship but after leaving Callie at the airport and her attitude when she came back, Torres is better just being around Mark.

Not a fan of the ep as Greys does drama really well and to me the musical detracted from what could have been an amazing ep. They could have used a less important ep to try out a musical rather than when the team are fighting for one of their own.

Sara does have a beautiful voice, think Kevin did a great job too apart from that one real cheesy number, the whole cast did well Chyler was lovely also will admit to loving the bit in the trailer with Alex and Lucy it was just so fun lol.

Overall don't hate it but not one of the best drama moments for me and it should have been edge of your seat crying stuff as i love Torres

I have to completely disagree here Mark has been driving me mad for weeks with his constant 'ITS MY BABY' and trying to interfere in Callie and Arizona's relationship. The final straw for me was when he said he would just sleep with Callie again to make another baby; Callie is /not/ his girlfriend and he does not have the right to start acting like that; how is that the action of someone mature? He’s so childish and selfish that I hope Lexie stays with Jackson who seems to care about Lexie and what /she/ wants.

I thought the episode itself was actually fairly good. There were moments that didn’t quite work for me; when everyone started having sex it was very strange, I know that was part of Callie hallucinating about how relationships really are but that didn’t fit at all well with the rest of the episode.

I’m glad they choose to do it over something so serious because I am so bored of watching them operate on their friends; it’s been so overdone. Nearly every main character has nearly died at least once and it’s getting old really fast.

The vocals were really good; Sara has a /amazing/ voice and ‘The Story’ was definitely my favourite track. I was surprised by Justin Chambers’ voice; he only had a line or so but he sounded really good. And speaking of Justin... Alex is probably my favourite character now; that Mercy Death stuff was fantastic. More scenes with just Alex, Christina and Mer please.

Mer/Der scene int he elevator was amazing; really felt Mer’s pain there and just wanted to give her a giant hug. :(

I enjoyed the episode but I don’t want to see a repeat of this please; let’s just get back to some old fashioned drama; when Grey’s didn’t need gimmicks to get people talking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have to completely disagree here Mark has been driving me mad for weeks with his constant 'ITS MY BABY' and trying to interfere in Callie and Arizona's relationship. The final straw for me was when he said he would just sleep with Callie again to make another baby; Callie is /not/ his girlfriend and he does not have the right to start acting like that; how is that the action of someone mature? He’s so childish and selfish that I hope Lexie stays with Jackson who seems to care about Lexie and what /she/ wants.

QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong there are / were parts where i thought Mark was an Arse but i do think he has grown as a character especially in the way he actually apologised to Arizona as he was angry naturally, but Arizona has been in the wrong a lot too and she has annoyed me a lot lately:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »

Don't get me wrong there are / were parts where i thought Mark was an Arse but i do think he has grown as a character especially in the way he actually apologised to Arizona as he was angry naturally, but Arizona has been in the wrong a lot too and she has annoyed me a lot lately:D

Yeah it was just if he'd said that comment to another guy he'd have had a black eye or worse. I think I'm just sick of this triangle in general and since Mark seems to be causing the majority of the friction these days I wish he'd just shut up.

Arizona has annoyed me recently too; I miss super awesome peats girl on her wheelies.

Actually Teddy annoyed me the most in this episode. Why was she getting so pissy with Christina? Urgh some of this cast needs a serious trimming. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the first musical episode of a tv show that I haven't loved.

The music didn't add anything to the storylines and just got in the way of everything in most of the cases (the exception being The Story, which was superbly done). I also wished they'd have stuck to the device a bit more closely, when Scrubs had just one character seeing everything in song, she was cleverly inserted into places even if it was just wheeling her behind them, which should have been the same for Callie, but then we had the weird "sexy" musical number of all the couples boffing and no reason to be singing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah it was just if he'd said that comment to another guy he'd have had a black eye or worse. I think I'm just sick of this triangle in general and since Mark seems to be causing the majority of the friction these days I wish he'd just shut up.

Arizona has annoyed me recently too; I miss super awesome peats girl on her wheelies.

Actually Teddy annoyed me the most in this episode. Why was she getting so pissy with Christina? Urgh some of this cast needs a serious trimming. :D

yeah it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other with Mark and Arizona they have both annoyed me just feel a bit more for Mark i guess with Addison getting rid of their baby and then the stuff with Sloane and him and Callie get along great and know each other so well. Whereas Arizonas' character is just muh since she came back!

Yes Teddy annoyed the crap out of me too but do like her ill husband!
  • Options
    hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the reason Teddy can't teach Christina anymore, is because Teddy now believes Christina has surpassed her. She was afraid to do a surgery Chris ultimately rocked and had they gone with Christina's choice in the first place may not have had to deliver the baby. I think she feels she is holding Christina back.
  • Options
    wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hugsie wrote: »
    I think the reason Teddy can't teach Christina anymore, is because Teddy now believes Christina has surpassed her. She was afraid to do a surgery Chris ultimately rocked and had they gone with Christina's choice in the first place may not have had to deliver the baby. I think she feels she is holding Christina back.

Wasn't it implied that Cristina messed up, I wasn't sure as they didn't go into it, but something went wrong soon after Cristina started.

I liked Teddy, I didn't last season but I think now that she's moved away from Owen she's a much better character, Henry has certainly helped. She did annoy me in this episode though.

I hope Meredith gets Chief Resident, as I think she is the only one who will be able to excel in the leadership role as well as a surgeon. Alex and Cristina may be excellent surgeons but would they really be able to cope with not being able to do as many surgeries as they were, like Callie in season 4.

The final will apparently focus on the three of them which is good, as it's been mainly about Callie etc, this season, and they are the original interns after all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yes i must admit i was confused as to whether Christina succeeded in what she was supposed to be doing or whether it went further wrong, hopefully they will enlighten on it more with Teddy refusing to teach her