Comments

• ahrimaniacahrimaniac Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talentless skank should disappear.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IF the BBC have even bothered to actually watch the US Version of the Voice, they wouldn't even consider this.
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let us hope not - she cannot sing live, she needs autotune, her speaking voice does not lend itself to the BBC especially. See if they can get someone decent.
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Cheryl Cole should be considered as a coach on The Voice because she is far too associated with The X Factor brand and also musically she doesn't really have much credibility, and let's face it she has an average singing voice at best that doesn't stand out at all. I just think for a show like this she would totally be wrong the wrong choice.
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    This programme is about judging people on talent rather than looks so it's hard to think of anyone worse really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    I think the BBC are more likely to go with Carrie and David Grant both of whom they used on Fame Academy and were judges on Comic Relief does Glee
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the bitchy schoolgirls have already bitched about this in the x factor forum ..
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    ahrimaniac wrote: »
    Talentless skank should disappear.

Agree completely.

The BBC need musical talents for this not a whiny child who flopped in the States.

It is License fee payers money and, after the Jonathan Ross issue, I doubt the BBC could be justified in paying the sort of money this child would expect.

They are also talking about Tom Jones (someone who made it big in America, Cheryl :D) and Florence Welch (who !!).
    Forum Member
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    This programme is about judging people on talent rather than looks so it's hard to think of anyone worse really.

Perhaps if they judged it on autotune then she would have a chance.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M@nterik wrote: »
    They are also talking about Tom Jones (someone who made it big in America, Cheryl :D) and Florence Welch (who !!).

I did smile at that to be honest. You jump on the bandwagon to bitch about Cheryl Cole but have no idea who Florence Welch is so you're clearly up on the current music scene :rolleyes:

Let me help ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQZhN65vq9E
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wether they book Cole or not, we should all withhold our licence fee until the BBC stop throwing away our money.:mad:
    Forum Member
    I did smile at that to be honest. You jump on the bandwagon to bitch about Cheryl Cole but have no idea who Florence Welch is so you're clearly up on the current music scene :rolleyes:

Let me help ..

Why should I need to be up on the current music scene ?

I am not up on the current "scene", man.

I am more a Pink Floyd/Genesis/Queen/Beatles/2Tone kind of guy.

I do not jump on any bandwaggon, I have been bitching about Biffa on the X factor forum since the last series and will happily continue to do so.
    Forum Member
    Wether they book Cole or not, we should all withhold our licence fee until the BBC stop throwing away our money.:mad:

Especially as they are doing their level best to screw up Doctor Who.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm amazed the BBC is spending a reported £22M on this show (if that's true).
    I'd think the format is getting a bit past it now, no one in my family watches any shows of this genre, even the younger members considering it rather passé.
  • gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm amazed the BBC is spending a reported £22M on this show (if that's true).
    I'd think the format is getting a bit past it now, no one in my family watches any shows of this genre, even the younger members considering it rather passé.
    In contrast all my friends watch it and consider it very current!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gottago wrote: »

There you go, if that's your sort of TV, why should I mind?

Enjoy it.
  • gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There you go, if that's your sort of TV, why should I mind?

Enjoy it.
    I can see why people say it's long become old but the strange thing with The X Factor is that although talent shows have now been around in a pretty much identical format for the last 10 years it's only really been in the last two or three years that The X Factor has been attracting truly monster viewing figures. Unlike other countries the UK hasn't had two very similar singing contests in the same year (apart from Fame Academy and Pop Idol but no one cared about Fame Academy!) so perhaps next year with The Voice on the scene we'll start to see signs of overkill and a ratings drop for The X Factor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see why people say it's long become old but the strange thing with The X Factor is that although talent shows have now been around in a pretty much identical format for the last 10 years it's only really been in the last two or three years that The X Factor has been attracting truly monster viewing figures. Unlike other countries the UK hasn't had two very similar singing contests in the same year (apart from Fame Academy and Pop Idol but no one cared about Fame Academy!) so perhaps next year with The Voice on the scene we'll start to see signs of overkill and a ratings drop for The X Factor.

As a businessman, I always considered "arriving late at the party and over-paying for your invitation" could be a recipe for disaster.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Cheryl but if she was judged purely on her voice she wouldn't get through, so why should she judge others? On X Factor its completely different because that was about finding someone with the whole package, something which Cheryl has (like her or not).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God save us
    Forum Member

How "down wid da kidz" they all are.
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    P**s-off Cheryl, you're useless.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member

Let me help ..

Florence and the autotune machine
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    I saw a clip of Christina Aguilera singing with her minions. Apparently thats what the judges are expected to do, how would this work with Cheryl?
  • AndyB2007AndyB2007 Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    P**s-off Cheryl, you're useless.

Forget the Voice,Tyne Tees could give her a chat show to keep her happy in the vein of Paul O'Grady and Michael Parkinson, and launch it at 5pm weeknights as it opts out of the ITV network a la STV to compete with BBC's Radio Newcastle's line-up, alongside Australian lottery saga Chances being shown at 4pm (and repeated later at 11.35pm).

Imagine the horror if Cheryl's show was a success- it'll probably go network.