Options

Love her/him, really tells it like it is !

PlayamontePlayamonte Posts: 1,113
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In their view. :rolleyes:

It actually means (for the most part) they are rude & have no concept of common civility.

Think John Crick (sic)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I nearly always agree. 'Telling it like it is' is generally a flattering term for being rude. In a tightly enclosed space like the big brother house there is a lot to be said for not telling it like it is, since the person you have told has nowhere to go if they feel hurt.

It's all right, of course, if someone is not hostile or angry, just straightforward.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Yeah, really annoys me when a certain kind of person proudly announces how "honest" they are and "what you see is what you get" etc etc when in actual fact their "honesty" has crossed the line into plain old rudeness.
  • Options
    previewspreviews Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those who "tell it like it is" tend to be the most offended and upset when someone does the same to them.
  • Options
    EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally_x wrote: »
    Yeah, really annoys me when a certain kind of person proudly announces how "honest" they are and "what you see is what you get" etc etc when in actual fact their "honesty" has crossed the line into plain old rudeness.

People often seem to announce themselves this way in their little screenblurb before going into the BB house or jungle or whatever. I remember Willie Carson doing something of the sort on IACGMOOH. Why attempt to intimidate people you haven't even met yet who haven't done anything to you?

I suspect it's actually motivated by fear and inadequacy.
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Invariably, people who 'say what they think', 'tell it like it is' or 'keep it real' can throw but can't catch. They'd be the first to throw a wobbly if someone told them what an arrogant, self-obsessed, insensitive tw*t they were being.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people always use this excuse to unleash their nastiness. You can easily tell someone without resorting to hurtful comments.