Peaches Geldof dead (Merged)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anita the nanny has set her Instagram to private after the media made it sound like her tribute to Peaches was directly told to them. She wasn't happy with that.
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Peaches didn't have to live her life in the spotlight. She could have shunned away from the limelight but chose not to. Probably she would have came to terms with losing her mum and got a job and settled down and still have been alive. But instead put herself up before the media where you have to stay slim and be perfect. It killed her mother and now its killed her.

The eldest sister, completely, shunned the media spotlight, choosing to work in an 'ordinary' job. I have always admired her for that !

Tragic for any young mother to die, under whatever circumstances :cry:

We are all ' interested ' because of the Bob Geldof / Paula Yates connection......
  • dendadenda Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/peaches-geldofs-family-try-understand-3407048

I'd seen the drug-warning video Anita Debney had put on her FB - hoped it might have been merely co-incidental.

I do feel for Peaches. I had 2 children within 13 months - loved being a mother, but found it quite lonely - but I was 29 at the time, and had never lived a glamourous life or been a 'socialite'.
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    denda wrote: »
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/peaches-geldofs-family-try-understand-3407048

I'd seen the drug-warning video Anita Debney had put on her FB - hoped it might have been merely co-incidental.

I do feel for Peaches. I had 2 children within 13 months - loved being a mother, but found it quite lonely - but I was 29 at the time, and had never lived a glamourous life or been a 'socialite'.

That vidio was just something that was doing the rounds on FB at the time. I see loads of people posting it. I would not read anything into that at all

That article is really digging some dirt, "a source said" Her marriage was in trouble, " She did not want to work, but Tom didn't earn enough to support her.. Not close to her dad anymore blah blah..
    This is why I dont read papers anymore
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all supposition at the moment. Until the toxicology(sic) report is issued nobody has the definitive answer as to how Peaches died.
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That vidio was just something that was doing the rounds on FB at the time. I see loads of people posting it. I would not read anything into that at all

That article is really digging some dirt, "a source said" Her marriage was in trouble, " She did not want to work, but Tom didn't earn enough to support her.. Not close to her dad anymore blah blah..
    This is why I dont read papers anymore

Agree. That she may not have been 100% happy all the time or had work frustrations or mini fall-outs with family members says bugger all about anything. Who on earth is blissfully content with their lives all the time?? Who hasn't had frustrations with their other halves? Or work/life balance problems? Or loneliness? Or etc etc etc. it's a substanceless article and, as you say, nothing but a disingenuous digging exercise.
  • Dream_catcherDream_catcher Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    The eldest sister, completely, shunned the media spotlight, choosing to work in an 'ordinary' job. I have always admired her for that !

Tragic for any young mother to die, under whatever circumstances :cry:

We are all ' interested ' because of the Bob Geldof / Paula Yates connection......

I agree with you about the eldest sister. She made the right decision. But Peaches was too like her mum and loved being under the spotlight.
    I was reading yesterday about a young man in his twenties who just died and that was sudden adult death syndrome. This could have been what happened to Peaches. I have never thought that she went back to drugs for one minute as she seemed so happy and content with her life her husband and children. I thought the dieting could have played some part in her death as she lived on nothing but vegetable juice for a month or so at a time and a doctor said that could damage the body's organs.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    Agree. That she may not have been 100% happy all the time or had work frustrations or mini fall-outs with family members says bugger all about anything. Who on earth is blissfully content with their lives all the time?? Who hasn't had frustrations with their other halves? Or work/life balance problems? Or loneliness? Or etc etc etc. it's a substanceless article and, as you say, nothing but a disingenuous digging exercise.

The problem is she was selling an image where she was happy all the time, like she had reinvented herself as some parenting guru or earth mother. It doesn't surprise me, Paula did the exact same (and got slated for it). I expect a lot more dirt to be hinted at, if not revealed, over the next few weeks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    The problem is she was selling an image where she was happy all the time, like she had reinvented herself as some parenting guru or earth mother. It doesn't surprise me, Paula did the exact same (and got slated for it). I expect a lot more dirt to be hinted at, if not revealed, over the next few weeks.

Yes, not denying that's how she sold herself, all I'm saying is that no one's happy, contented, living the perfect life all the time, and what they present in public is really only a snapshot of their actual real day to day life, particularly if they're earning a living from it. Unless people bought into the public 'ideal' image (not just PG, anyone in the public eye), then there are really no surprises when/if it emerges that life wasn't a permanent 'Hello Magazine Me and My Lovely Life' affair.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, not denying that's how she sold herself, all I'm saying is that no one's happy, contented, living the perfect life all the time, and what they present in public is really only a snapshot of their actual real life, particularly if they're earning a living from it. Unless you bought into the public 'ideal' image (not just PG, anyone in the public eye), then there are really no surprises when/if it emerges that life wasn't a permanent 'Hello Magazine Me and My Lovely Life' cover.

No I totally understand what you mean but I think that'll be the reason the press will dish the dirt. The girl's dead. IMO, she wasn't that important on the scale of things so they should just leave it alone and let her family get on with mourning her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I totally understand what you mean but I think that'll be the reason the press will dish the dirt. The girl's dead. IMO, she wasn't that important on the scale of things so they should just leave it alone and let her family get on with mourning her.

Couldn't. agree more. :) It just seems such a pointless exercise to 'dig' at this stage.
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't. agree more. :) It just seems such a pointless exercise to 'dig' at this stage.

The media is pandering to our 'interest.' !!!
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    They showed a card on the news left outside her inlaws house saying we never met you but you were our inspiration...seriously? People cant find anyone more inspiring than Peaches Geldof? Or the nanny on how lives have been changed because of her need to speak for babies everywhere? Sorry, I really think some are getting carried away.

I agree the media are getting carried away (and some members of the public). Peaches was a damaged young woman who never really settled at anything or developed any talent she may have had. She lived a fairly destructive and self indulgent life until she had her children and then felt this desperate need to be the absolute 'perfect parent', touting her views and 'expertise' to the media. In reality she must have still been coming to grips with parenthood and still had a huge amount to learn. She may have become a wonderful mother or she may have grown restless with a life of picnics in the park and coffee with the school mums. We'll never know. But I do think some newspapers are going a bit OTT with the wonderful mum bit. She was a loving mum, like most other mums, but I don't think she was any more wonderful than all the mothers out there struggling with children and jobs and school runs and creche drop offs and it does become a bit irritating after a while.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the media are getting carried away (and some members of the public). Peaches was a damaged young woman who never really settled at anything or developed any talent she may have had. She lived a fairly destructive and self indulgent life until she had her children and then felt this desperate need to be the absolute 'perfect parent', touting her views and 'expertise' to the media. In reality she must have still been coming to grips with parenthood and still had a huge amount to learn. She may have become a wonderful mother or she may have grown restless with a life of picnics in the park and coffee with the school mums. We'll never know. But I do think some newspapers are going a bit OTT with the wonderful mum bit. She was a loving mum, like most other mums, but I don't think she was any more wonderful than all the mothers out there struggling with children and jobs and school runs and creche drop offs and it does become a bit irritating after a while.

It's all part of the silly and rather dangerous 'yummy mummy' myth that The Daily Mail et al like to perpetuate; that famous women, who actually have every privilege and money at their disposal, are somehow to be revered more than your average Mother who is struggling to make ends meet and doesn't have nannies on speed dial. It's shown in nonsense like 'Celebrity Mother of the Year' which IMHO is a complete fallacy.

I think it's clear that Peaches doted on her boys (from pictures) but I'm sure she struggled too - 2 babies under 2 is hard going for anyone.
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    I can't stand it when newspapers do this. It must be so undermining for mothers struggling to cope with the realities of babies, jobs, broken nights, post-baby weight etc to see this mythical image of permanently blissful motherhood being pushed at them all the time.
  • Suzy_CatSuzy_Cat Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Permanently blissful motherhood AND the sort of figure that many if not most women would be lucky to have BEFORE they got pregnant. And a dream marriage filled with sexual passion and "date nights".
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It must be drug related if they have released the body back to the family, when someone dies in this way they can't just put 'not sure' on the death certificate, can they. If the toxicology tests come back negative, then what?
  • impartialobservimpartialobserv Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to agree with some of the above comments. A lot has been made of how open Peaches Geldof was about her life, on Twitter and other social media, but in truth it was a life that was carefully curated for public consumption. Not unlike Gwyneth Paltrow, I often got the sense that Peaches felt compelled to project a perfect image, perhaps to dispel the previous rumours surrounding her re drug-taking etc. I also found the media's fawning and fetishising of Peaches as the perfect mother as odd. She was clearly devoted to her children, but seemed to be papped fairly often out & about without them in recent months, as well. At 25, the monotony and exhaustion of caring for two toddlers while your friends are all out living a completely different lifestyle must be challenging.

Peaches insisted her life was 'bliss' and 'perfection', but I can't help but wonder whether the endless round was beginning to wane.

Then there's the issue of her very obvious eating disorder, about which she was clearly in denial. She was obviously insecure about her looks & had various plastic surgery procedures over the past few years. Perversely, the more weight she lost, the more plastic surgery she had, the more the media seemed to praise her appearance. There was much commentary along the lines that, 'Peaches looks great, hasn't motherhood been the making of her,' when in fact she looked underweight & increasingly ill.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    stvn758 wrote: »
    It must be drug related if they have released the body back to the family, when someone dies in this way they can't just put 'not sure' on the death certificate, can they. If the toxicology tests come back negative, then what?

I thought the same thing. Also,what do toxicology tests check for exactly? Would it be just legal and illegal drugs? :confused:
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to agree with some of the above comments. A lot has been made of how open Peaches Geldof was about her life, on Twitter and other social media, but in truth it was a life that was carefully curated for public consumption. Not unlike Gwyneth Paltrow, I often got the sense that Peaches felt compelled to project a perfect image, perhaps to dispel the previous rumours surrounding her re drug-taking etc. I also found the media's fawning and fetishising of Peaches as the perfect mother as odd. She was clearly devoted to her children, but seemed to be papped fairly often out & about without them in recent months, as well. At 25, the monotony and exhaustion of caring for two toddlers while your friends are all out living a completely different lifestyle must be challenging.

Peaches insisted her life was 'bliss' and 'perfection', but I can't help but wonder whether the endless round was beginning to wane.

Then there's the issue of her very obvious eating disorder, about which she was clearly in denial. She was obviously insecure about her looks & had various plastic surgery procedures over the past few years. Perversely, the more weight she lost, the more plastic surgery she had, the more the media seemed to praise her appearance. There was much commentary along the lines that, 'Peaches looks great, hasn't motherhood been the making of her,' when in fact she looked underweight & increasingly ill.

How do you know this. :confused: Are you privvy to more information than the rest of the contributors on this site. :confused:Honestly, please back up your statements with fact please.:(
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I daresay she did moan about her husband . Most of us do to varying degrees dependent more often on our frame of mind rather than how actually lazy/awful/thoughtless he is ,so no doubt some idiot has taken a throwaway comment as *marriage breaking down* and run to the press with it .Which would make mine on the rocks this past 15 years in press terminology.
    Looking after two babies so close in age is rewarding but incredibly draining ,especially in the attachment method Peaches advocated and that in itself would keep her thin and exhausted .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know this. :confused: Are you privvy to more information than the rest of the contributors on this site. :confused:Honestly, please back up your statements with fact please.:(
    Her nose and chin got smaller, weight loss doesn't cause that. She looked so different facially. You would have to be blind to not notice she did something to her face.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »

Why must it be drug related? I'm not expert, but if they've done all the tests they need to do and everything is completed, then I assume the body is ok to be released to the family? If the toxicology results come back negative, I assume it will just go down as natural causes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

Those are facts... I don't think she denied these
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    So many good interesting posts here. How true to say as Peaches got thinner and thinner the media thought she looked marvelous when in actually fact she looked ill in some of the pics I have seen. How could any young Mum with two children under two, look so thin. How can you be an expert as a Mum at the age of 25, rich with a lot of support with nannies and housekeepers, cleaners. It is rather insulting to young mums who are struggling with all the roles they have to play. How could Peaches be such a fantastic mum when she worked so much as a TV presenter, wrote articles on motherhood but actually had little experience!