July 7 memorial defaced by graffiti on ninth anniversary

Comments

• dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :(
    zx50 wrote: »
    And the EDL aren't? I'd be very uncomfortable with letting someone who's non-white that I was talking to walk down the street if I saw quite a few EDL supporters in the middle of it. I would have to accompany them and stay as far away from the EDL as possible as I walked down.

as i said in the above post muslim extremists and EDL are bad as each other and you cannot deny that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    The memorial commemorating the victims of the July 7 bombings in London has been defaced just hours before survivors and bereaved families gather to commemorate the ninth anniversary of the attacks.

The stainless steel columns of the memorial in Hyde Park were daubed with red and black slogans overnight saying "4Innocent Muslims", "Blair Lied Thousands Died" and "J7 Truth".

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jul/07/july-7-memorial-defaced-graffiti-ninth-anniversary?CMP=fb_gu

Whoever did this is one sick puppy.

Disgusting!!>:(
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are currently no facts about this incident other than the fact that it happened.

And some EDL supporters are equally as hateful ..

Whoever caused the damage, it's a wicked thing to have done and insulting to those innocent people who died.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowerpowa wrote: »
    Whoever caused the damage, it's a wicked thing to have done and insulting to those innocent people who died.

Completely agree.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How disgusting. >:(

For the record the EDL are a load of idiots but to the best of my knowledge they have not hacked anybody to death in broad daylight or blown up and murdered innocent people either.

So the EDL and the muslim extremists are not really comparable in my opinion.

Anyway I hope they catch whoever did it. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the EDL and the muslim extremists are not really comparable in my opinion.

You don't specifically have to commit murder to hold an extremist viewpoint. The EDL and their ilk essentially "follow" the same version of the Koran that the extremists do to justify their view that all Muslims are the same when it's clearly not true.

So in my opinion the comparisons are more than justified
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Disgusting thing to do.

Could be a couple of Muslim extremist sympathisers trying to cause outrage,.
    could be a couple of EDL sympathisers trying to stir things up,
    could be a couple of idiots with sympathies to neither, just out to cause outrage too.

Hell, given recent events it could be a bloody DM hack for all we know.

Better to wait until the catch the little bastards.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't specifically have to commit murder to hold an extremist viewpoint. The EDL and their ilk essentially "follow" the same version of the Koran that the extremists do to justify their view that all Muslims are the same when it's clearly not true.

So in my opinion the comparisons are more than justified

When they piss off to fight and murder people in another country I would agree with you.

For the moment they are just a lot of hot air, no danger to the country at all.
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Had written on how the 7/7 bombers were innocent ! Also remarks about Tony Blair being a war criminal. So obvious who wrote the messages imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Had written on how the 7/7 bombers were innocent ! Also remarks about Tony Blair being a war criminal. So obvious who wrote the messages imo.

There have been many conspiracy theories that 7/7 was a "false flag" operation so, with respect, it's far from "obvious" who wrote the graffiti IMO.
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    There have been many conspiracy theories that 7/7 was a "false flag" operation so, with respect, it's far from "obvious" who wrote the graffiti IMO.

well four muslims were filmed doing the attack!
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Some people are just idiots. It's blatantly obvious that Blair was the worst thing that happened to the Labour Party. George W Bush's lapdog and also a complete wimp. We don't need graffiti to remind us of how pathetic he was as a Prime Minister. Why the hell did they choose to graffiti a memorial though? Some people have absolutely no brains.

Could have been the Daily Mail
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

According to some, 4 Muslims were photoshopped to appear to be doing the attack
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    `Sadly its evident that there are many DS readers who are not aware of who the `real enemy are`
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    ecckles wrote: »
    `Sadly its evident that there are many DS readers who are not aware of who the `real enemy are`

nah, they know.

but they would defend them to the bitter end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    lets say this does turn out to be a crime committed by a Muslim ( or a group of them )

they are prosecuted for criminal damage, and receive a small fine.

now turn that around.

I as a white British man go and deface a Muslim memorial.

I would be facing hate crime charges and likely more.
    and spending time in prison.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mesostim wrote: »
    My thoughts as well. These EDL loons have a history of defacing war memorials.

As do their twins on the other side of the illusionary divide.

It's always amusing to watch 2 identical brands of c**t's try to blame each other for using identical tactics.
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lets say this does turn out to be a crime committed by a Muslim ( or a group of them )

they are prosecuted for criminal damage, and receive a small fine.

now turn that around.

I as a white British man go and deface a Muslim memorial.

I would be facing hate crime charges and likely more.
    and spending time in prison.
    You know this because ? ,,,,, if your on about the bacon mosque incident the reason they got jail was due to previous convictions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly - there is more than enough proof out there to completely demolish any notion of any conspiracy or "false flag" but it doesn't stop the theories. And when you have people even today claiming things like Sandy Hook were also staged and people even telling mothers their children didn't actually exist at the school then there really is no level these "truthers" wouldn't stoop to
    Forum Member

They should face the maximum charges, disgusting individuals who also seemed to forget it wasn't just Christians and atheists who died in the bombings, but Muslims too.

And the evidence against the bombers was pretty overwhelming too, so to say they were innocent is complete nonsense.

Mind you, Blair did lie to get us to war but that's another issue.
    Forum Member
    nah, they know.

but they would defend them to the bitter end.

Complete rubbish.

You'd be hard pushed to find any thread discussing such things, where even our more well known Muslim members haven't condemned atrocities carried out by Muslims, if they have been active in said thread.

Trying to understand why extremists do such things, and having the intelligence to separate Islamic extremism from Islam in general doesn't make one a defender of extremism, Islamic apologist, terrorist sympathiser or any other such nonsense you'll probably come out with at some stage and that gets spouted a lot on here.
    Forum Member
    When they piss off to fight and murder people in another country I would agree with you.

For the moment they are just a lot of hot air, no danger to the country at all.

Nah, they're more likely to piss off down a pub owned and run by an Englishman and smash it to bits. That'll teach them Muslims a thing or two that will. I'd bet at least half of EDL members don't even know how to apply for a passport :D

In other threads we've had calls for those Muslims who do or might hold worrying views, even if they hadn't broken the law or acted on those views, to be silenced, arrested and possibly deported because they "might" become a danger in future, even if they aren't now. So why not the same treatment for EDL members who hold extremist views but haven't yet acted on them?. Just as the majority of EDL members who hold objectionably views will never act on them, and may even grow out of or radically change their views given time, so will the majority of young Muslims who hold objectionable views.

Besides, the authorities simply do not have the resources or manpower to track every single person who holds views we, or the government, find objectionable. They need to concentrate on tracking those who are a danger, and get them in jail.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, they're more likely to piss off down a pub owned and run by an Englishman and smash it to bits. That'll teach them Muslims a thing or two that will. I'd bet at least half of EDL members don't even know how to apply for a passport :D

In other threads we've had calls for those Muslims who do or might hold worrying views, even if they hadn't broken the law or acted on those views, to be silenced, arrested and possibly deported because they "might" become a danger in future, even if they aren't now. So why not the same treatment for EDL members who hold extremist views but haven't yet acted on them?. Just as the majority of EDL members who hold objectionably views will never act on them, and may even grow out of or radically change their views given time, so will the majority of young Muslims who hold objectionable views.

Besides, the authorities simply do not have the resources or manpower to track every single person who holds views we, or the government, find objectionable. They need to concentrate on tracking those who are a danger, and get them in jail.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that.

The security services are in danger of being overwhelmed following the thousands of murderous Islamic extremists enjoying the benefits of our democracy which they so utterly detest.

This country has never seen anything like them. :(
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can't they borrow one off Tommy? He's usually got a spare knocking around.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The next thing that happens is a mosque gets set on fire as a revenge attack, Muslim extremists open fire on an EDL march, this seems to be some kind of no win situation where extremists on both sides will try and outdo each other.