abolish rules on Christian assemblies

Comments

• dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like your headmaster was always spouting off about something.
    his favourite saying was don't rock the boat.

and he use to poke the kids at stepped out of line ,and there was rumours he hit the kids that miss behave.
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,833
    Forum Member
    dragonzord wrote: »
    WTF religion a serious subject only to the true believers it is,when we had religious assembly at school i just did not listen to the headmaster as it has no interest to me at all.

I was joking. :D
  • Incognito777Incognito777 Posts: 2,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its all boiling over
    Forum Member
    Its all boiling over

I'm sorry I am going to have to cite the anarchist Pierre-Joseph Proudhon 'All Proper Tea is Theft'.
  • batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    Can't we all just get oolong?
    Forum Member
    batgirl wrote: »
    Can't we all just get oolong?

I think that merits the Golden Spoon Award; game over
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    his favourite saying was don't rock the boat.

and he use to poke the kids at stepped out of line ,and there was rumours he hit the kids that miss behave.

Quite right too.

What were the kids doing assaulting Miss Behave? Odd name for a teacher - was she foreign?
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was never a problem before atheism reared it's head.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    And whats wrong with been atheist and it's not breaking the law is it,
    in this country we have the freedom to choose a religion and most importantly the freedom from religion.
    would you want to end to the freedom from religion.>:(

I would hate to live in a country were you got to be religious.

and how would you go about making people believe anyway.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in this country we have the freedom to choose a religion and most importantly the freedom from religion.

It's easy - you simply brainwash the children before they are old enough to think for themselves.

After all that is how it's been done for thousands of years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member

You've repeated all this literally over and over again, if parents (who don't believe in God) decide to put their children in Church schools (C of E etc.), then they have to take part in the religious activities.
    Otherwise what else should they do?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    You've repeated all this literally over and over again, if parents (who don't believe in God) decide to put their children in Church schools (C of E etc.), then they have to take part in the religious activities.

We may not agree on this issue Ramo but at least you are always pleasant enough to talk to. :)
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Aggressive atheism has not been good for this country.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do atheists send there kids to Church or England schools?

About as stupid and logical as this woman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3HFXloiIxQ

Backwards Britain.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

When did that happen? My mother was an atheist and all of her family and she was born in 1920. It's not something new. I totally disagree with religious assemblies. Religion should only be a chosen subject and all major religions covered.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do atheists send there kids to Church or England schools?

About as stupid and logical as this woman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3HFXloiIxQ

Backwards Britain.

Mostly not for religion, more for the kudos and what they think are higher standards.

She's a Muslim, you have a problem with that? Religious tolerance? She says herself she wasn't asked about wearing the veil
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really?

Aggressive atheism as you put it - science I call it - has only been around very recently since people began to finally throw off the shackles of superstition.

People are now free to believe in what they like, before they were forced to believe in the Christian God, by a combination of state mind control and peer pressure.

Only a few hundred years ago I could have been tortured and burned alive for making such a statement in this country.

How tolerant is that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    When did that happen? My mother was an atheist and all of her family and she was born in 1920. It's not something new. I totally disagree with religious assemblies. Religion should only be a chosen subject and all major religions covered.

Well said. :)
    Forum Member
    Ramo1234 wrote: »

Ramo you seem to have got it the wrong way round. It is NON faith State Community Schools that have to by law provide collective worship.

Actual State Faith School are allowed to decide to do what they want.

This is so ridiculous that even informed people like yourself are confused but that is the case.

Edit many people are confused by this and hence do not understand the real objection to the current legislation. NB Incognito (see above) is also labouring under the same misunderstanding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same goes for aggressive christianity or any religion.
    would you like to make People pick a religion..
    or let them be free to do what they want it does not hurt anyone having atheists does it.
    it would be sad and boring if everyone was religious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Mostly not for religion, more for the kudos and what they think are higher standards.

Correct higher standards, so best leave it the way it is.

The Church of England, through the National Society established in 1811 by Joshua Watson, led the development of universal education to enable people of any background to receive a proper education based on a commitment to fulfil human potential, meet the needs of society and transmit knowledge and culture. To fulfil human potential is to enable children and young people to be fully what they have it in them to become: to be what God intends; to be the people they were created to be. This involves developing spirituality, self-belief, humility, and independence.

Atheists should respect Christians made this countries structure and stop trying to steal and takeover other peoples hard work. Leave it alone or build your own schools.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correct higher standards, so best leave it the way it is.

The Church of England, through the National Society established in 1811 by Joshua Watson, led the development of universal education to enable people of any background to receive a proper education based on a commitment to fulfil human potential, meet the needs of society and transmit knowledge and culture. To fulfil human potential is to enable children and young people to be fully what they have it in them to become: to be what God intends; to be the people they were created to be. This involves developing spirituality, self-belief, humility, and independence.

Atheists should respect Christians made this countries structure and stop trying to steal and takeover other peoples hard work. Leave it alone or build your own schools.

Like the Christians did with the pagans? Christianity doesn't own this place any more nor does it have the exclusive say on how it should be run. nor did it 'build the country' or any such nonsense.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Any examples of this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Like the Christians did with the pagans? Christianity doesn't own this place any more nor does it have the exclusive say on how it should be run. nor did it 'build the country' or any such nonsense.

Modern society is built with Christianity as the backbone.
    Forum Member

Even the Church of England's Head of Education the Bishop of Oxford opposes this legislation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/10951894/Compulsory-Christian-school-assembly-should-be-scrapped-Church-of-England-education-chief.html

Abolishing these rules is not some atheist plot.