Thrillerphobes

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ever since I was 3yrs old I have had a terrible phobia of the thriller video. Im 26 and despite all expectations, I have not grown out of it. Its so bad that when I channel surf I look away when going past the music channels (even when MJ isnt in the news. I have a fit if I so much as catch a glimpse of the video or a picture. I wasn't able to listen to the song until 10 years ago. Even now it sends a chill down my spine and I certainly cannot listen to it alone. Im a huge horror film fanatic but yet I'm still terified of thriller.

Other people tend not to take me seriously until they see my reaction. Until the unfortunate news of MJ's death I felt I was alone in this. However with the various MJ talk going on everywhere more thrillerphobes are coming out of the woodwork. Are there anymore of you on here?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    me... :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darkpaw wrote: »
    me... :o

Its ok mate. No need to be embarassed. I believe there are more of us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've actually considered paying for hypnotherapy. Its the fact that they will make me face the fear which puts me off.
  • †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *waves*

Me! :D

Well, not so much anymore but when we used to go to a social club round the corner, they sometimes had discos and whenever Thriller used to come on, I used to leg it to the toilets, stick my fingers in my ears and hide :p I could still hear it though :(

This all stemmed from when we watched the making of the video and obviously the zombies (ironically, I love zombies now :p)

The worst bit for me is when they start getting into the house at the end of the full length version. That bit scares me the most :p:o

I'm not afraid of it now but when I hear it and especially when I listen to the beat, there's a little voice inside me that's telling me to run away :D it's a deep-rooted fear that'll prolly never leave me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *waves*

Me! :D

Well, not so much anymore but when we used to go to a social club round the corner, they sometimes had discos and whenever Thriller used to come on, I used to leg it to the toilets, stick my fingers in my ears and hide :p I could still hear it though :(

This all stemmed from when we watched the making of the video and obviously the zombies (ironically, I love zombies now :p)

The worst bit for me is when they start getting into the house at the end of the full length version. That bit scares me the most :p:o

I'm not afraid of it now but when I hear it and especially when I listen to the beat, there's a little voice inside me that's telling me to run away :D it's a deep-rooted fear that'll prolly never leave me.

Yep same here. My parents had the making of video.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My brother, probably. He was younger than me and I used to put it on to scare him. The things kids do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That bit where they're trying to get into the house used to give me the heebie jeebies too. But I still used to watch it as I loved the dancing zombies. Also, that voice of Vincent Price who has done so many horror movies. Perfect casting for that bit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was quite late when I started this thread so Im just giving a cheeky bump to see if theres any more of you?
  • spankyplugsspankyplugs Posts: 14,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember being scared witless by it. The part where they're breaking into the room, but the main part is where the camera pans round and MJ's got his zombie face on for the first time. May have wet myself a little.

I can watch it fine now, it all seems more camp than scary. Still fantastic though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noorani wrote: »
    That bit where they're trying to get into the house used to give me the heebie jeebies too. But I still used to watch it as I loved the dancing zombies. Also, that voice of Vincent Price who has done so many horror movies. Perfect casting for that bit.

Yeah, I agree. I love watching the dancing bit.
    I remember being scared witless by it. The part where they're breaking into the room, but the main part is where the camera pans round and MJ's got his zombie face on for the first time. May have wet myself a little.

I can watch it fine now, it all seems more camp than scary. Still fantastic though.

http://www.walyou.com/img/michael-jackson-thriller-remake-acapella-3.jpg :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was a kid I put the tape on for my mate who had'nt been alowed to stay up to watch it. She ran out the house crying all the way home. I feel bad now, she's no doubt a thrillaphobe now like you lot. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I agree. I love watching the dancing bit.

http://www.walyou.com/img/michael-jackson-thriller-remake-acapella-3.jpg :D

There is no way that I am gonna click on that link. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    When I was a kid I put the tape on for my mate who had'nt been alowed to stay up to watch it. She ran out the house crying all the way home. I feel bad now, she's no doubt a thrillaphobe now like you lot. :o

That's how it came to be with us too. We had the making on VHS and I had a sleepover. My brother decided that we were going to watch the video (he's 4 years older than me) and I remember hiding under cushions :p
    There is no way that I am gonna click on that link. :D

lol :p