Options

Eno: 'Brits think Bono is conning them'

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
Forum Member
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a197341/eno-brits-think-bono-is-conning-them.html

No, Brian, we just think he's a c*$t!!

The dude flew his ****ing HAT out to Australia for a gig when he realised he'd forgotten it, then has the balls to tell people to save the planet!?!

Thoughts? Responses? "Bono is a c*$t" stories?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    To quote the Yeah Yeah Yeahs (I know, I know, not the most philosophical band in the world :p) "I think that I'm bigger than the sound". That sums up Bono for me.

Once you become more famous than your music through you're own self loving then you instantly become a c**t.
  • Options
    fezxenakisfezxenakis Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love this quote from Eno where he unconsciously suggests that the two bands music is indistinguishable and interchangable :

"I had one computer that had all of the Coldplay stuff and all the U2 stuff. I had to very carefully label each folder because I was paranoid that I might end up with the same basic track for each group and I wouldn't notice until it was too late."
  • Options
    DuckSeasonDuckSeason Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    South Park summed it up best. Despite the popularity of his band (and their music), all the stuff he does to help poor African countries and to combat global warming - Bono will always be a living piece of shit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    "What is the difference between God and Bono? God doesn't wander down Grafton Street thinking he's Bono."

Louis Walsh
  • Options
    ayrshiremanayrshireman Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I love Roxy Music and admire Eno, but dear god, talk about being patronising.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,326
    Forum Member
    "What is the difference between God and Bono? God doesn't wander down Grafton Street thinking he's Bono."

Louis Walsh
    Louis Walsh? What's he got to do with anything? :confused: I first heard that joke back in the 80s :rolleyes:

In any case, Louis Walsh having a pop a Bono is a bit rich, isn't it? Say what you like about Bono (and to be fair, I can see why some people dislike him, I'm a massive fan but he does make me cringe sometimes) but he's a very talented songwriter and a brilliant and charismatic live performer. What's Louis Walsh's contribution to music? Boyzone and Westlife....I rest my case:p
  • Options
    iainiain Posts: 63,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aatlae wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a197341/eno-brits-think-bono-is-conning-them.html

No, Brian, we just think he's a c*$t!!

The dude flew his ****ing HAT out to Australia for a gig when he realised he'd forgotten it, then has the balls to tell people to save the planet!?!

well, he apparently got it on a flight that was heading over anyway. its not like he chartered a flight for it.

was that in addition to the hat he had flown to Italy?
    Thoughts? Responses? "Bono is a c*$t" stories?

here's one of my favourite Bono is a c*$t stories.

Iain
  • Options
    fraserafrasera Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    he's become ridiculously more famous for being twit than because of his music.
    go down the street and ask a random person about michael jackson or the beatles, ask them to hum a few bars of a song, they'll probably be able to.
    u2? lol not so much
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,326
    Forum Member
    frasera wrote: »
    he's become ridiculously more famous for being twit than because of his music.
    go down the street and ask a random person about michael jackson or the beatles, ask them to hum a few bars of a song, they'll probably be able to.
    u2? lol not so much
    U2 are one of those bands that people can never think of any of their songs off the top of their head, but then you mention "I Stilll Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" "Sunday Bloody Sunday" "Vertigo" "Beautiful Day" "One" or "With Or Without You" to name but a few, and then the penny drops.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    They're right about Bono, he's just too full of himself and all his "activism" is just looking for attention imo. The mere sight of him makes me want to vomit.
  • Options
    TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad i'm not the only one who hates him. Saving the planet while flying the biggest stage setup ever round the world.
  • Options
    RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bono, Bob Geldolf, and other stars have raised money for charities and disasters around the world. That can only be praised as far as I am concerned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're right about Bono, he's just too full of himself and all his "activism" is just looking for attention imo. The mere sight of him makes me want to vomit.

the thing i don't get is an attitude like this that somehow, because people are famous, they're incapable of giving a crap about anything.

take an issue like poverty, starvation and needless deaths from preventable illness in Africa - how could anyone not give a crap?

this idea that someone like Bono, unlike the rest of us, somehow doesn't give a crap is nonsense enough.

but when the argument that somehow proves he doesn't give a crap is the fact that he's so dedicated to raising awareness and doing something about it, just plain defies any and all logic.

AFAICT, there's much more of a myth surrounding someone like Bono and his attention seeking than actually exists in reality. for everyone going on about him, how many could actually tell you what DATA is?

Iain
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jack Nasty wrote: »
    Louis Walsh? What's he got to do with anything? :confused: I first heard that joke back in the 80s :rolleyes:

It was a joke that made me laugh and was on-message for this thread, which I thought should be attributed. Try and relax by reading this story about U2's tax planning:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/aug/09/artsnews.ireland
  • Options
    AliU2maniacAliU2maniac Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To all the sad c*$ts above who have a problem with Bono---if you can do half as much for the poor & needy in what remains of your sad little lives then go out and bloody do it.Jesus, what ignorent t*$ts some of you are :rolleyes:

Bono doesn't need the self promotion because he fronts one of the most successful groups of all time, but he uses his name & his voice to help wherever he can, as he has done since the 80's.

Here's an article that all you Bono haters should read.Bono doesn't have to support the charities he does but I'm glad he can be relied on to lend a hand when help is needed.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CA0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.looktothestars.org%2Fcelebrity%2F26-bono&rct=j&q=Bono%27s+donations+to+charity&ei=4NxVS-bVBYyqjAeF2JCcDg&usg=AFQjCNGixgtiCQ2XDesoP01aB7Va3fDLJw
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    He's just a dick aint he?

Saint Bonio...:rolleyes:

Twunt....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To all the sad c*$ts above who have a problem with Bono---if you can do half as much for the poor & needy in what remains of your sad little lives then go out and bloody do it.Jesus, what ignorent t*$ts some of you are :rolleyes:

I don't think I can do half as much, just the little that I do, should I not bother then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    viewaskew wrote: »
    He's just a dick aint he?

Saint Bonio...:rolleyes:

Twunt....

and on that note, i guess i'll have to concede the argument.

:rolleyes: right back at ya.

Iain
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a joke that made me laugh and was on-message for this thread, which I thought should be attributed. Try and relax by reading this story about U2's tax planning:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/aug/09/artsnews.ireland

it may not be ideal, but yes - its true.

*U2* is a business.

Iain
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iain wrote: »
    *U2* is a business.

I understand and agree. I have no problem with The Rolling Stones doing this because none of their directors criticise Western governments for insufficient third-world aid whilst deliberately setting out to avoid contributing to the tax revenues that provide said aid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I understand and agree. I have no problem with The Rolling Stones doing this because none of their directors criticise Western governments for insufficient third-world aid whilst deliberately setting out to avoid contributing to the tax revenues that provide said aid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good work team - some nice "look how hypocritical he is" stories - awesome. As for all the guys going "he's a saint" - he's done some good work, yes - but he's still a sanctimonious hypocrite!
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Bono doesn't need the self promotion because he fronts one of the most successful groups of all time, but he uses his name & his voice to help wherever he can, as he has done since the 80's.

Here's an article that all you Bono haters should read.Bono doesn't have to support the charities he does but I'm glad he can be relied on to lend a hand when help is needed.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CA0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.looktothestars.org%2Fcelebrity%2F26-bono&rct=j&q=Bono%27s+donations+to+charity&ei=4NxVS-bVBYyqjAeF2JCcDg&usg=AFQjCNGixgtiCQ2XDesoP01aB7Va3fDLJw

Thanks for that. Bono may be a c*$t but he's a good c*$t. And his band make great music.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Bono may be a c*$t but he's a good c*$t. And his band make great music.

WHAT!?!?!?

This, as far as the music of U2 is concerned, is spot on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSvEZdbBIyw
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Although I dont really like U2 as a band, I agree with Mr. Eno. I dont think us English realise what we are like until you are able to integrate with other cultures first. From that point you may have a reference. This is why the Sun is the most sold newsp........comic in Britain (except Liverpool).

But like everything.............cultures have their good and bad sides.