Poor Nadine Coyle.

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Yeah I'm sure you've really given her a chance seeings as she's been given so many in-depth interviews, more than enough to make damning judgments on her character......... :rolleyes: ;)
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    The record deal is a bit odd. Tesco only is bound to impact on her sales. You'd have thought she could get a deal anywhere.
    It makes me wonder about the quality of the material - fingers crossed that it's great though:)

Millions of people use Tescos every month, and I'd rather hear Nadine 'you should see me in my underwear' Coyle over the shop speakers than muzak or very soon, bland Christmas carols.....

If Starbucks was good enough for Macca, and Wilkinsons good enough for Chas'n'Dave, then Tescos should be ok for Nadine.

Why stop there?

Poundstretcher for Lily Allen..... BHS for Pete Docherty.... and Marks'n'Spencer for John Lydon, lol...! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Rascalico wrote: »
    Meaow. :rolleyes:

Translation = she is simply more normal than your average attention-seeking celeb. All I've heard her be is lovely, well spoken and good humoured... how dare she be so average in a world of nutjobs. If you find her dull it's just because you're measuring her in the realm of showbiz flamboyant personalities... not with everyone else... like your friends and family.... there are plenty of great singers / musicians as 'dull' as she.

I am sorry Cheryl is sweet but she ain't no Katy Perry in the personality stakes and last weeks XF proved that, so lets not all get ahead of ourselves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rascalico wrote: »
    Yeah I'm sure you've really given her a chance seeings as she's been given so many in-depth interviews, more than enough to make damning judgments on her character......... :rolleyes: ;)

Indeed, why should we wait until we hear some actual music from solo Nadine before casting any slurs on her character. Oh yes Cheryl is so sweet plus she looks great on TV too AND she can also throw a pretty good punch as well (which is always a bonus).

Can someone remind why this thread is in music...?
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    lenny101 wrote: »
    Indeed, why should we wait until we hear some actual music from solo Nadine before casting any slurs on her character. Oh yes Cheryl is so sweet plus she looks great on TV too AND she can also throw a pretty good punch as well (which is always a bonus).

Can someone remind why this thread is in music...?

Because it's discussing Nadine's upcoming solo career which is music connected
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    lenny101 wrote: »

:D
    JoeBo wrote: »
    I am sorry Cheryl is sweet but she ain't no Katy Perry in the personality stakes and last weeks XF proved that, so lets not all get ahead of ourselves.

...? My post was about Nadine... I had zero thoughts about Cheryl while writing that... and I think that's OK lol.
  • soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is bad for Nadine, but I just feel sorry for her because it's like the media want her to fail; she's been getting so much negative press.
    Forum Member
    If i like the album, it will be weird going up to tesco to buy it. I aint brought an album from there since like 5/6 years ago.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She seems like a very smart girl. I like the fact that she started her own label so that she can have control over what she does.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP fails.

Having your own record label, producing your own album, with complete creative freedom, and the exclusive backing and marketing support of the biggest retailer in the UK = INCREDIBLE for an unproven solo artist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    It's gonna be hilarious when (or if) they reform
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a five-piece, it's never going to happen.
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Dizagaox wrote: »
    OP fails.

Having your own record label, producing your own album, with complete creative freedom, and the exclusive backing and marketing support of the biggest retailer in the UK = INCREDIBLE for an unproven solo artist.

Agreed.

and let's not forget that the girl can actually sing. In fact, Cheryl can only dream about being able to sing like Nadine - or just sing in general for that matter. So poor Cheryl then.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slsls wrote: »
    Oooh, everyone's a critic even the mods it seems! This has been removed from showbiz and put in music but Cheryl's threads are staying very firmly in Showbiz. Obviously the mods don't even think her output can be classed as music!!:eek::eek:
    They should just go ahead a make a Cheryl forum. She gets enough threads to sustain one.
    Forum Member
    Dizagaox wrote: »
    OP fails.

While that is good, an average music buyer doesn't rush to Tesco for an album. It's HMV shopwise. Itunes, Play.com and Amazon if online. Tesco is place you rush to get a couple of bits for your tea or your weekly shopping, not the latest album by Nadine Coyle. The fact it won't be on itunes, will cause harm.